his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Re: Dingoes force Fraser Island camp closures

just shoot the aggressive dogs

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    just shoot the aggressive dogs
    were would you stop its just a matter of the next one taking thier spot.
    they should of never shot out all the feral goats,pig's,horse's that were
    once there.so now there best off just shooting the lot of them.
    or they can put back some feral goat's.

Are they Dingo's or Hybrids , if thet are Hybrids they should shoot the lot, get some pure strain dingo's and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by yalta View Post
    were would you stop its just a matter of the next one taking thier spot.
    they should of never shot out all the feral goats,pig's,horse's that were
    once there.so now there best off just shooting the lot of them.
    or they can put back some feral goat's.
    Dude you cant be serious wanting Goats put back on fraser?
    I'm hoping you were being sarcastic.
    I see it like this, you want too jump out of a plane you know there is a chance you can die. You go swimming at dawn or dusk you may be bitten by a shark.

You walk on the beach at Fraser and you might have a dingo up your arse.
    Where i am right out to St George at the moment there are dingoes hanging off road signs. Do i agree with killing them , course i bloody do, do i agree with hanging them for everyone to see well of course not.

Kill them all on Fraser, it's not going to effect the feral population by wiping them out on Fraser Island.

I cannot understand the level of hysteria displayed by authorities whenever they think a dingo on Fraser Island is a threat.

The ones I've seen up there are pretty small. Even in a pack you have only a bunch of little doggies - it's not like they're a pack of bloody jawed timber wolves hunting down any poor human who stumbles across their path. Slavering wolves are also just a myth.

Years ago we would sleep on the beach with just a blanket as cover at the Coloured sands and wake up with dingo prints all around us. Other than noting the presence of tracks I cannot remember anyone finding it frightening or even remarkable.

You got it it Tigermullet , the dingoes on Fraser are like whippets compared to out here. The other day one of the property owners shot 2 of them that were into his sheep and mate they were big and probably the same size as a German Sheppard.

I would be more worried about some young bloke in suburbia with a pitbull tryin to be all tuff and treating the dog like shite to toughen him up. Absolutely more dangerous.

And no i wasn't havin a go at pitty's for the pitbull lovers. Just using them as an example.

Here's a couple of photo's of a real dingo and a Hybrid, both from the Victorian Desert, the crappy looking one is the Hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestcutter View Post
    You got it it Tigermullet , the dingoes on Fraser are like whippets compared to out here. The other day one of the property owners shot 2 of them that were into his sheep and mate they were big and probably the same size as a German Sheppard.

I would be more worried about some young bloke in suburbia with a pitbull tryin to be all tuff and treating the dog like shite to toughen him up. Absolutely more dangerous.

And no i wasn't havin a go at pitty's for the pitbull lovers. Just using them as an example.
    And I can just imagine the reaction from people in the west if the authorities decided that farmers and town folk should be forced to evacuate because one or two dingoes were on the prowl in the area.

I don't know what we're breeding in the cities or what is coming in as tourists.

Whimps??

The ones on Fraser are the last of the pure Dingos

i say shoot them! was at fraser a few years ago fishing on the beach , there was a pack watching me over the dunes that i never knew about! i had caught a few fish by this stage and kept the bait and fish in the car like ya should! but they had been watching and learning that when i catch one i walk back up to the car! well this time i had reeled in one and started my walk to the car when the pack came charging down! i sh!t myself and thought what to do! was lucy there was a car coming up the beach ans saw this happen and swerved at them and sounded the horn! didn't wet another line there! bugga that!

what did the dingoes eat before there were horses and goats?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    what did the dingoes eat before there were horses and goats?
    Good question you have posed there Andy.

They ate native animals, roots, fruits and berries and carrion washed up on the beach. That is all still there.

However, we humans have changed their eating habits by offering easy meals and they no longer hunt and forage as they used to.

Were there ever goats on Fraser Island? This is the first I have ever heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bullock View Post
    Good question you have posed there Andy.

They ate native animals, roots, fruits and berries and carrion washed up on the beach. That is all still there.

However, we humans have changed their eating habits by offering easy meals and they no longer hunt and forage as they used to.

I belive they still forage threw our campsites.....

Goats ?? never herd of that one before.

all the brumbies are now gone used to like seeing them come past the campsites
    "True Blue"