Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

Jm on a personal note i would hate to see this "information sharing" canish.

Myslef as a realtive rookie in the barra scene look towards people such as yourself for guidance and just a general push in the right direction and I am always grateful for the info that you and other share.

I never want to be spoon feed or lead by the hand to barra, but I tend to enjoy putting together the puzzle that enables me to land fish and the info that is shared by many has helped me acheive this.

I would hate to see the day when the knowledge is no longer shared as this is what makes barra fishing so much more different and enjoyable then other species I chase.

Cheers

Lee

On a quick note the replay of the Mondy AFC round will be at 11.30am today on OneHD, not 4.00pm as originally scheduled...

Cool Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pasfield View Post
    Over use of negative qualifiers and emoticons I'd say Shane. They throw a shade of malignancy over the questions and statements which if worded better would have been good discussion points. Unfortunately that probably won’t happen.

As an example read the post again and picture the 'roll eyes' in an actual conversation in a number of senarios. From a mate they'd most likely be fine, from someone you're not sure of they could unsettle you or you might end up feeling a bit hostile about them. The wink at the end does not help either. Pity, could have gone somewhere but was doomed from inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I guess the problem with any TV footage is that you don't get the whole picture as the guy actually doing it, sees it. What I mean is that as the camera is focusing on the 'pro' and their rod/body work, it isn't focusing on what the fish is trying to do and thus what the 'pro' is trying to counter that or the other way around. We are not getting the whole perspective.

An example. Couple of days ago I was fishing bank side for barra on very light line and hooked onto a mid size fish. The owner of the property saw me hooked up and drove down to see how I had done. He turns up and comments that I running along the bank a bit and would be better off standing still to apply more consistent pressure on the fish. This was his (the observer) perspective! What he didn't see was that I was on 4lb line and the fish was in amoungst weeds and lillies so I needed to continually change my angle of attack to give me a chance to get the fish out of the 'salad bowl' without the aid of heavy drag/line and rod power. This was my perspective (right or wrong, however I will claim right as it was landed).

My initial observations to the Mondy round, were that the Taylors used a couple of very quick, short, sharp hook sets and sometimes this was repeated. Why? What were they trying to counter? I would be interested to know as this technique could be useful. This is different to how I have done it in the past, so is something to remember to try if poor hook set becomes an issue for me. I agree that the fight (for all the competitors) seemed to be hard and fast but without actually being there and getting the full picture, I am unable to make comment. I did see that several fish were almost netted as they jumped close to the boat. Maybe this is a landing technique that could be used for barra. I have done it for toga. Certainly a skill to develop for the net man (plus strong arms).

The footage of one Taylor over the side with rod fully submerged to counter the barra that went under the boat and then have it jumping on the other side of the boat, kind of deflates the low rod angle bit to stop jumping theory a bit. This was excellent footage.

I found this series much better than last and am happy that they put the two Taylors together as they really are a 1+1=3 type combination.

Thanks to all for putting up your comments/observations as it give the rest of us some other viewpoints to consider/look for and as has been said, hopefully learnt from.

Cheers
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by alphas View Post
    So true,what would this section become if the crew left for a month or two??
    Yes,the smartest people on AF are Cy and Kerrin.

Some people I fish with would love to share some of their techniques and thoughts,but once I pointed them here they replied with"too niche,and seems too biased to one particular group"

A shame,as some of the techniques they are using are mind boggling..Even to the extent that we now can target and catch barramundi in the brisbane river with some of these left field tech..(scour the net,you'll see the pics)

I dont care for the "coached"comments,if top ranking anglers seek out the advice of their peers-all the more luck to them.

Why dont some of you pay and go for a charter with JM?? See if some of his musings do work,learn..even if it is the smallest thing,it would be valuable.

A pack mentality exists here.What gives with printing and handing out ettiquette paperwork which was proposed earlier???In a public place,like an impoundment as long as the LAW is observed you are free to fish how and what you like.

Old mate with the noisy 2 stroke blowing your spot,big deal-move on.

Lets see what becomes of it,could certain people let others run the roost here??
    I dont bother here much anymore..
    A new year and the same old crap.So called "Mondy crew" vs. the guides and fellow associated scribes.
    What really gets achieved-narry much..

If you really want some rain on a parade,here goes...

"Mondy crew"pls all get an account on MSN,then u can chat beers,twisted leaders,braid colour and "to the shed..." as you want without taxing a forum where it feels now days if you are not part of the "crew",your opinion matters not.

To JM and co.-is it really worth your time banging your head against the wall so much here??

Let me say it,if you want no bullshit barra info/chat,head to sweetwater.com.au,
    carefully constructed replies from some real anglers at the forefront...

Just my observations,I truly mean not to offend.But this freshwater section is really not what it used to be anymore.

The slanging matches are most tiresome...I have strapped on the helmet,I'm sure the missiles will be thick and fast.
    Alpha: Some very constructive and positive work on your part. Conducive to good relationships and the proactive exchange of information. I understand your frustration, some seem to post here only to have ago at others rather than make a positive contribution, or offer some useful information, annoying isint't?
    No wonder some people steer clear.

Dick: You hit the nail on the head, suggesting the method of delivery may be confrontational; particularly to those who don't know the authors. The reality is the regular contenders on here do have a wealth of information and experience to share. If only they were a little more diplomatic perhaps. They are like dogs chasing a rabbit perhaps, they both want the same outcome but are sufficiently distracted with each to bark at each other along the way.

Appolo: A perfect example of in my book i.e.
    Not something I would usually do.
    I am interested to know why do it that way?
    What are the advantages.
    I am keen to know
    I might learn something.
    Thanks for the information

To those contenders / sparring partners; Perhaps consider asking why, what are the advantages, I am interested know, I noticed they did ........ can some one explain why?

I have a question on the jump set but will start a thread.
    I personally was interested in the AFC to watch, learn and be entertained.
    Thanks Whitto for the reminders.

Thanks to those who have posted informative information.

JM I wish there was a way to search all your posts and put them together.
    It would make a great book. Food for thought? 'JM's posts'

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Wasted 20 minutes of my life, should have just read JM's comments would have given me an extra 15 mins to tie a few more flys. Get a life guys and get an msn profile or whatever its called if you want to carry on with this shit. Seriously wasting you time arguing with someone who has no interest in changing his mind.

Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticin View Post
    Wasted 20 minutes of my life, should have just read JM's comments would have given me an extra 15 mins to tie a few more flys. Get a life guys and get an msn profile or whatever its called if you want to carry on with this shit. Seriously wasting you time arguing with someone who has no interest in changing his mind.

Great stuff
    You probably could have tied an extra fly during the time it took to bang out this useful response

Awesome
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

what round was on ch10 this arvo ?

Lake Gregory,first of the Bass rounds.
    Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    You probably could have tied an extra fly during the time it took to bang out this useful response

Awesome
    Apologies for offending the AF demigod. I promise I will keep my mouth shut from now on...

Wonders never cease.
    Thanks for nothing Nagg! Cya Ausfish

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticin View Post
    Apologies for offending the AF demigod. I promise I will keep my mouth shut from now on...
    AF demigod .......
    better point him out ! ......
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

So what colour are the skirts are you lot are wearing tomorrow???

Have a look back from the start and see how pathetic this really is. And by that I mean both sides.

Honestly, I sort out these type of arguements every day, only diference is that it involves my 7 and 8 year old daughters. Somehow their Barbie arguements have somewhat more substance to them than this crap.

You dont honestly call yourself men do you whilst you carry on like this. Please tell me you are all on hormone replacement.

You all range from above par to excellent anglers, so just get back to it you mob of wankers.

To reply,with all due respect Brian,we get it that it aggravates you- the blowfly syndrome.
    You were even upset about it enough I see to include it in your signature,with the obligatory "fish,beer,fish" crew mantra.

The point was that no amount of literature handed out,spoken about and prattled on about on-line will stop this behaviour happening.I totally agree with your point mate,it is perhaps the most annoying aspect of impoundment fishing.

But surely your reliance to catch a fish does'nt and certainly should'nt rely on one spot,if it gets tainted by some ol 2 stroker-move on.Certainly you can read the waterway well enough to find another fishable spot??

As for the GPS spots,not a chance in hell.
    I dont want the "crew" blowflying my spot hahaha.

Good luck with your upcoming trip in february,may you all catch many.
    Gday Mick, blow flying your spot would be poor ettiquete, and not something I would do.

EVER.

The comments re crew and beer references are becoming boring hahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by birko View Post
    So what colour are the skirts are you lot are wearing tomorrow???

Have a look back from the start and see how pathetic this really is. And by that I mean both sides.

Honestly, I sort out these type of arguements every day, only diference is that it involves my 7 and 8 year old daughters. Somehow their Barbie arguements have somewhat more substance to them than this crap.

You dont honestly call yourself men do you whilst you carry on like this. Please tell me you are all on hormone replacement.

You all range from above par to excellent anglers, so just get back to it you mob of wankers.
    Hi Craig

I'm sure you would agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion or differnt viewpoint ..... regardless of who they are .
    Sometimes you can generate some interesting discussion by putting forward an alternate view. Unfortunately in this instance it degenerated from the outset -

Anyhow - i'm sure its going to make a great campfire discussion when some of us get together next.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

[quote=BR65;1117321]Gday Mick, blow flying your spot would be poor ettiquete, and not something I would do.

EVER.

The comments re crew and beer references are becoming boring hahahah.[/quote]

I'll drink to that

sorry

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yes,it is boring mate.Like banging your head against a brick wall.
    Thank you all for putting up the dates for us non affiliatted to avoid the water at Monduran.
    I would hate to drive anywhere near or have a different opinion to some here on the water,because from the safety of a keyboard I would no doubt hear all about it when I got back(but I would have to trawl through maybe 7,8,9 pages as per usual from those whom strive for "addict" status)

I will miss Johnny Mitchell's input though,it is a shame that the brightest of flames can be blown out by all of the shitspeak that goes on here.

Different opinions are allowed,and this thread in a public arena is great.
    Now everyone who was interested knows through the thanks given,and replies where we all stand.

But to finish on a positive note,good luck with your upcoming trip in february,may you all catch many.Lets see who replies....

Again..Good luck with your upcoming trip in february,may you all catch many.