Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 135
  1. #31

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Particularly impressed with the Chartreuse tails.

    See Daryl ..... you even had the pro's onto it ........ incl the Taylors
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  2. #32

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    See Daryl ..... you even had the pro's onto it ........ incl the Taylors
    Wow!........Daggles will be forever known as the "Chartreuse Tail Trend Setter"
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless



  3. #33

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    See Daryl ..... you even had the pro's onto it ........ incl the Taylors
    Wow!........Daggles will be forever known as the "Chartreuse Tail Trend Setter".......thats alot better than "The Predatec Pair"
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless



  4. #34

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    OOOOOpppppssss! I stuttered.......my bad
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless



  5. #35

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Well i missed it due to driving back from Sydney did any one happen to copy it

    shane

  6. #36

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    you can usually watch the repeat on digital free to air - channel one - the following Saturday.

  7. #37

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Did anyone happen to notice the colour of "THAT" particular lure that was retreived from the top of a tree

    Cheers

    Lee

  8. #38

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    you lot have a problem....lmao....has anyone told ya's that......tee hee

    Anyhow....cant let a little thing like....5 days of relentless rain over xmas hols hold you back.....
    Guilty as charged, besides, thats why they invented rain coats isnt it



  9. #39

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Quote Originally Posted by leelee View Post
    Did anyone happen to notice the colour of "THAT" particular lure that was retreived from the top of a tree

    Cheers

    Lee
    Yes it was one of those new Koala Slick Rigs....(Boiled as well)
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless



  10. #40

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Not a hard bod to be seen, matter of fact Im pretty sure the only placs I saw were Storm and Squidgey?
    Good observation Brian.....the only hardbody seen so far was an Xrap that Karl Rembacher used at Awoonga. He is the only one in the AFC not to land a barra!

    During the ABT at Mondy Kyle fished hardbodies 95% of the time for one small barra and 4 dropped fish. The winners (Taylors and Jocubson) got all of their fish on plastics....my only hook up was on a 110 Evil Minnow

    Is Monduran now much more of a plastics destination than a hardbody fishery?

    We will give it a good test in February!

    Regs

    Pete & Kyle

  11. #41

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Pete,
    Just ask all the succesful HB trollers if Monduran is a plastics dam!!??
    Some winners in this years ABT rounds employed HB lures along side their soft lures to score a victory.
    Many anglers lean towards soft lures because they are simple lures with almost effortless retrieve patterns- employed in many situations. A hard lure can still catch tonnes of fish- if used correctly.
    Soft lures versus hard lures is still a 50/50 game, but hey, you will still catch barra if you only use one of the two, or vice versa,,,,,,,,,,,,but on the day when you throw a continued moving soft plastic, eg, the morning round of AFC Monduran, just maybe the answer to success was a stop start hard rather than persevering with a soft lure. I saw enough info on the segment to see reasons for why a hard lure may have been a good choice at the time and given the daring angler the edge.
    Cheers
    Johnny
    Two other points of interest-
    * the lure that the Taylors retrieved from the tree tops. The particular hand tuning of that lure- their time spent and the value of that particular one was enough to value it way more than the simple $1 comment made by the commentator. In the eyes of the beholder, Cy and Kerrin, that lure may have been labelled a "comp winner, or a "key to victory". To replace such a lure isn't as simple as opening a new packet- far from it. Well tuned lures don't come from packets.
    *3 or 4 snagged rods laying side by side was insight into how close lures are fished to the bottom or pinpointed structure. Going to extremes and using another rod whilst the others lay neatly on deck and continuing fishing in that spot allowed them the capture of a larger fish that kept them unbeaten/ tied at the end of the competition. Sure, they got a mean tangle, but they got a fish that outweighed any negativity of the situation. If they had of shifted, they would have spooked the fish.
    Simple things add up at the end of the day to give an angler advantage.

  12. #42

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Sorry JM, I meant cast and retrieve only.....does anyone troll plastics?

    Pete

  13. #43

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Yes it was one of those new Koala Slick Rigs....(Boiled as well)
    Yes its the DROP BEAR mk II

    Cheers

    Lee

  14. #44

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Quote Originally Posted by A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE View Post
    * the lure that the Taylors retrieved from the tree tops. The particular hand tuning of that lure- their time spent and the value of that particular one was enough to value it way more than the simple $1 comment made by the commentator. In the eyes of the beholder, Cy and Kerrin, that lure may have been labelled a "comp winner, or a "key to victory". To replace such a lure isn't as simple as opening a new packet- far from it. Well tuned lures don't come from packets.
    Thanks JM for the input.

    I to beleive the reason it was retreived was because what had "BEEN" done to the lure after it was pulled from the packet, plus the mental value of that lure could prove way to costly to leave in a tree.

    Cheers

    Lee

  15. #45

    Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Good observation Brian.....the only hardbody seen so far was an Xrap that Karl Rembacher used at Awoonga. He is the only one in the AFC not to land a barra!

    During the ABT at Mondy Kyle fished hardbodies 95% of the time for one small barra and 4 dropped fish. The winners (Taylors and Jocubson) got all of their fish on plastics....my only hook up was on a 110 Evil Minnow

    Is Monduran now much more of a plastics destination than a hardbody fishery?

    We will give it a good test in February!

    Regs

    Pete & Kyle
    Scotty used a X Rap at Awoonga ...... from memory

    Now there you go ....... My 4 fish landed during the Mondy ABT were on X Rap XR12s (Olive) ........

    Keep an open mind -

    For both the Awoonga & Mondy round I fished plastics & X raps side by side - Interestingly .... I would fish a slick rig .... get hit & switch to an X Rap .... and hook/land fish - - As the water was shallow & the lures tuned to suspend ..... being able to pause the lure was the key (IMO)


    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us