Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

Re: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

so Newby..shall I make a guess..nothing wrong with the actual equipment 'cept maybe a transducer and poor install ???

I tried to let this die but I spose there are many wanting to know what the hell happened in the end?
    Ok, when I went to do the uninstall, I found inadequate wiring for many facets of the original HDS install.
    1) Power hooked up to a common power block with nearly every other damn thing on the flybridge.
    2) Earth the same.
    3) NMEA 2000? Dont even go there. Earth wire hooked up, nothing else.
    4) NMEA 0183? Same same...Incorrectly wired up to heading sensors etc etc.
    5) Nothing wrong with any of the 4 transducers that have been placed in the hull from what I can now gather.
    6) Radar blip possibly due to inadequate power hookup but still had unexplained blips. Also Radar overlay NEVER did work...Hence my NMEA 0183 comment.
    7) Never did get the external areal installed. 12 months? Cant rush these things ya know...

All in all and even after the realisation that the power had not been set up correctly, the radar problems and the deep water problems probably were not the fault of the install.
    IMHO The HDS 10 gear is not worthy pf a place on Carnelpya even with an proper install. With auto fill on the sounder and way too many glitches that the punter has to sort with upgrade after upgrade, not worth the hassle.
    Customer service rating 1/10
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

G'day Guys,

As an end note to this saga...
    I ended up buying Newby's gear from Lowrance some time ago and it has just been sitting in my shed.
    I recently fitted it to a boat and it is all working perfectly.
    Please draw your own conclusions.

Cheers

Pete
    Valet Boat Services

That doesn't surprise me one little bit Pete.

In the End Was it not the conclusion that it was the install not so much the gear??

I think he just got over the non help from the company thats all.

I know for a fact once the new electronics went in there was not one issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin View Post
    G'day Guys,

As an end note to this saga...
    I ended up buying Newby's gear from Lowrance some time ago and it has just been sitting in my shed.
    I recently fitted it to a boat and it is all working perfectly.
    Please draw your own conclusions.

Cheers

Pete
    Valet Boat Services
    Pete, is this STILL going? I thought this ended this 2 years ago when I installed DECENT gear IE GARMIN.
    The install was indeed the problem "I think". I cant say for sure because
    1) I didn't install it in the first place.
    2) I didn't get to re-instal it.
    3) I did install the Garmin gear and it all worked fine from the first power up.
    I didn't work it out until I was installing the new gear and I saw where the installer had taken power and earth from. To be hooked up to the same source my amplifiers were can only cause interference and, well, this thread to be honest.

So please go ahead and draw your own "conclusions" but it will be nothing but guess work at best due to 2) IE I didn't get to reinstall it.
    If i had, and it didn't work and then Pete the magician put it in another boat "identical" to mine and it all worked well, then you could make a statement of fact. No guesswork or "drawing conclusions" eh FED?

I've missed this place. May have to visit more often.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Do sounders really need to have a run to a separate bus board? The sounders I have had in my boats have never seemed to show interference from electrics - ie equipment on or off didnt seem to effect the screen. Does it depend on amp draw of the other equipment and the ability of the sounder itself?

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Do sounders really need to have a run to a separate bus board? The sounders I have had in my boats have never seemed to show interference from electrics - ie equipment on or off didnt seem to effect the screen. Does it depend on amp draw of the other equipment and the ability of the sounder itself?

Cheers
    They shouldn't. However its pretty typical of cheap consumer grade crap these days.

HEY HEY, Newby Is back, Look out AF here he comes!!!

Good to see you log on buddy!!

I was looking at the new Lowrance units too, after this their not getting a cent of my hard earned cash
    How appalling. I really dont think they realise the power of the internet and consumer chat now for situations like this where the word gets spread globally.
    Thanks for sharing

Funny how the company gets blamed for installer faults. Lots of people think they know how things work, that is why RTMF is soooo damn important.

Quote Originally Posted by CATchin'Em View Post
    Funny how the company gets blamed for installer faults. Lots of people think they know how things work, that is why RTMF is soooo damn important.
    well you would have thought when navico sent out their technician to solve the problems they would have checked out the install

Its not just the "install", its often the fundamentals of the boat's wiring that everything is connected to. From what i can gather, that seems to have been the core of the problem for Newby's situation.

What would you do if your professional installer turned up to install your new electronics package, opened up the battery compartment and the back of your dash, and said:

"Nope, not doing this job, boat needs a total rewire first. No rewire = no warranty that the installation of this gear will perform as expected. Cost you another $750."

Would you take the punt or do the rewire?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....