Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

Re: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

FAIR TRADING MATE get your cash back while you can it only cost $45 to get it happening i feel bad for you as what you have gone through is SAD.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    See above again...

See above again...
    Sorry I use the internal antenae in mine and I was under the impression that it would just plug and play like the previous lgc 3000 version did on the appropriate units.

Its appears that doing a quick search reveals that you do in fact ned a Lowrance N2K-EXP-RD-2 network starter kit to hook up to a HDS . It's gut me bugegred why you do as its still NMEA2000 but apparently you need one. Weird

Cheers

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Have tried the american forums with the same result. Seems that everyone but me fishes shallow water..

It really becomes obvious when you take notice of if tho.

will be interesting to see youre results.

Regards
    Honda.
    Here's a few from idle, then increasing speed.

In shallow water it doesn't seem to drop off when on the plane.

I've got the log thing if you want me to wizz it over on an email if there's something in there that helps.

Maybe you have to contact furuno or lowrance directly and ask the ping times or whatever it is for comparison. (That maybe one of the 'grey' areas that manufacturers don't like to disclose).

Out of interest, here's another from later on at 60 that is just starting to break up. I'm not after any meaningful info from it at speed just depth. Whilst this is known country. It's nice for a bit of reassurance.

Dicko,

(pictures top to bottom 1,2,3,4)

the last picture, you have very little light brown showing at all, this is one of the issues I see, although I see stripes of light brown. that is a perfect example of the problem. If you change the colour scheme to the original lowrance colours you will get a better indication of what is truly occuring (as per my LMS colour scheme).

That image shows me that you are having the same issues. The software is filling in the gaps with dark brown.

Your sensitivity is way too low, What Pete and I disovered was setting the noise filter to low and the sensitivity between -2 to +4 I can hold the bottom consistently in waters up to around 30-40meters deep.

The first picture looks like you, slowed down, then drifted or idled around, then you moved again, I am guessing this from the deep brown stripes in the middle of the sounding. (my explanation of detailed sounding V non detailed sounding).

Again this is what I see, the software, at speed changes from a detailed mode to a non detailed, mode. However it seems to be more exagerated in deeper water.

I have adjusted both ping rates and scroll speed with limited success.

Yes thanks Lee, have read the manual and understand the impact of the changes.

Regards
    Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by battler1 View Post
    FAIR TRADING MATE get your cash back while you can it only cost $45 to get it happening i feel bad for you as what you have gone through is SAD.

Joe
    Mate....MATE...I am a car dealer, nobody knows Fair trading better than us eh?

But there are better ways to skin cats Joe...
    Having said that, I downloaded the latest HDS update and tried to install it yesterday...No go...I am no computer wizz but know my way round....Nothing...tried everything but the unit would not fire up the EXE file....
    Called the help line....Here we go again....Usual guy was at lunch and I got Wayne....
    NOW, credit where credit is due, he talked me through it and in minutes, I was ready to install.
    And when all this BS with transducers started, I talked to Wayne once, he also picked the problem str8 up. I was told by a few people, and I quote, "dont listen to him, he wouldnt have a clue" He said "transducer problem...wrong place....turbulance...etc" He was right....Now he is arrogant....Almost rude but I will cop that every ay if the advice is right....
    Wayne, Mate, your a legend...and not that you would, but dont ever let the w*****s get ya down mate...Your all right.....
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Newby, It's good to see you having a bit of a win at last, well done mate.

Well todays the day.
    Got the Lowrance dude up to "sort out" my problems.
    They still reckon its the install of the transducer...SO I have the dude who has just installed the new transducer, also at my boat this morning. Now here is the good bit...Neither of them know the other one is going to be there. So Dude can blame old mate all he wants now. 4th of July comin early this year. And just to top the whole thing off, the dude who sold me all the gear is going to be there as well. Happy happy joy joy....
    Lucky for me, blood comes off gelcote pretty easy
    At the end of today only 1 of 2 things will happen.
    1) The unit works properly like $9000 worth of electronics should
    OR
    2) I have a refund of $9000 in my bank this afternoon.
    AND MAYBE
    3) Once again I am lucky about the properties of gelcote.

Who said the old ways are gone forever?

Oh and the dude who did the second install of the transducer is coming to fix the F***UPS from when it was 'fixed' over xmas from the time it was rebuilt 2 years ago and the 5 times it has been fixed since then. And people say I am impatient.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Will be interesting to see how you go Newby. Good luck

Honda,

Been down in BrisVegas for a couple of days. Looked at this thread on my iphone thing but can't type too well on that.

I don't see the problem of losing definition in that last pic. (It seems to do that at about 55 onwards by the way). By any measure I call that a good result for a sounder with a std transom mount tranducer at those speeds.

The software has to fill in the gaps at high speeds or regular speed. That's it's purpose. All brands do that. That's why we're all using late model sounders with interpreting software to translate the data from the transducer and display it in a simple user friendly manner rather the old paper roll and stylus jobbies.

Different companies apply that translation in their own way. Higher speed and/or deeper water means it has to translate if differently. Some are probably better at it for different applications. The furuno may be better in deeper water of 60m plus, I don't know and can't test it. You've said you've seen a furuno work well at speed in deep water. maybe there's your answer.

As for the the sensitivity being way too low, isn’t that the point of being able to make adjustments ? i.e. so you can get the best result for different conditions.
    Backing it off a bit for high speed running in shallow water takes out heaps of clutter and still works very well. Because it's different to what you use in 30 or 40 m doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Yep the first pic has some disturbance. I had stopped to pick my nose for a bit while heading to where I wanted to go. Just as I hit it take off again, I remembered to wizz off that series of pics for you. So I backed off, and pressed the button for a pic, then took off again. That lime green up top & corresponding difference in the brown bottom is prop disturbance as I nailed it for a second then backed off.

Dicko,

I am glad you are happy with your unit.

Regards
    Honda.

Well todays the day.
    They still reckon its the install of the transducer...SO I have the dude who has just installed the new transducer, also at my boat this morning. Now here is the good bit...Neither of them know the other one is going to be there. So Dude can blame old mate all he wants now. 4th of July comin early this year. And just to top the whole thing off, the dude who sold me all the gear is going to be there as well. Happy happy joy joy....
    OR
    AND MAYBE

Oh and the dude who did the second install of the transducer is coming to fix the F***UPS from when it was 'fixed' over xmas from the time it was rebuilt 2 years ago and the 5 times it has been fixed since then. And people say I am impatient.
    So whats the news?

Hopefully its all sorted or will be soon?

BTW I have sold my hds7 to a mate who was going to install it in dash and wanted a lgc4000 antenae and after a call I found out the the kit you are after is in stock and has been for a while.

Cheers

Lee

Well todays the day.
    OR
    AND MAYBE

So Newbs, is it all sorted, or do we have to raise some bail money before we go fishing....................

I have obviously been playing with the HDS 10 too much because the Lowrance rep didnt know as much about the settings as I did.

We set sail so I could show him the problems.
    He played with it and wrote down a page or 2 of his "findings" which by the way were what I had already told them 6 months ago.

He couldnt tell me why the radar overlay wont work.
    He couldnt tell me why the blip was permanently on my radar screen.
    No idea why the sounder STILL cuts out at 14 kn but comes back clear as a whistle when I bury the nose of the boat.
    No idea at all why you cant get the depth contour numbers to stay horizontal when the map turns.
    Wouldnt have a clue why the unit shut itself off and restarted when we changed pages.
    on and on and on...etc etc etc...F****G useless.
    And the parting words?????? I will get back to you...."When" I asked? Then the politicians answer which did everything to avoid answering that question and I got P****D off...
    So we are back to this, "If the unit is not fully operable by end of next week, you will be refunding my 9 grand and if it is working, the warranty start date will be from that day. Or just refund me"

So LEE, "whats new?" Nothing mate, they are still sh!t and still dont know sh!t from clay.

So I have gone full circle, again, but there will not be a third time...
    WATCH THIS SPACE
    NEWBY T.G.

Positives to be taken from this though is that the rep has seen these issues first hand.

Hopefully you will have the answers you need shortly.

Cheers

Lee

Newby ,
    all I can say is that your a patient man !!!!
    This whole saga has gone on for far too long !! Navico should refund you your money in my opinion ! It just simply aint good enough

On a side note , I was at a comp on the w/end , 3 sessions of fishing of wich a lowrance hds 5 was a prize in each one . Each time the winner received the prize from the lowrance man , he asked for it back as there were none available in stock to give away at present "wtf"
    Cheers AL

I feel for your situation newby it really is substandard from a company as big as this ,i would have thought he would at least have had a spare unit with him with all the latest software and bench tested ready to at least try that if yours is so bad and been going on for so long . I really do like the technology they have but i am just not sure i am willing to give it a go at MY expense . I hope this eventually turns out favourably for you . If by some chance you get your money back maybe talk to taylors they are furuno dealers its what the pros use ..matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......