Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

Re: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin View Post
    There be 'ya problem.
    Those strainers aerate badly.

Take them off and re gelcoat the holes so as no water gets in to the hull laminate.

While you are at it, run a bead of sika around both skin fittings for the toilet to sort of chamfer the edges and get the water flowing over them better.

This goes hand in hand with why the transducer works better at slow speed and when the nose is buried.

Cheers

Pete
    Mate I have to tell ya, if your right here, you just know there are going to be some good old fashioned, right royal anal insertions of large un-lubed Pineapples happening all the way from Shipwrites to Navico.
    That will make room for the HDS 10 unit to be also placed in the passage were the "sun dont shine"
    Thanks for your help. I will keep you informed.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Newby, sell tickets to the "insertion show" you would probably make enough to pay for the hds10. Leigh

If I'm wrong, do I get a pineapple too

Just a shame I'm not there to see exactly what is going on.

While you are going, make sure there are no other obstructions in front of the transducer - i.e., bad gelcoat chips, other skin fittings, any other fixtures etc etc.

Cheers

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    Yeah mate all official resellers and installers.
    slower the boat, better and clearer the read.
    Definately 100% interference then.

If the installer is actually a navico retailer and/or an approved navicio installer and not just someone in the industry who can get the product then I would be seriously looking at them and not navico as majority of the issues seem to be about this 1kw transducer and installation of the products, well only from reading what i see on here.

If you purchased the goods direct from this retailer then surely they should have the pull pull navico to sort out the issues. I know my retailer does and he has gone out of his way to sort out teething issues for me and even replaced a unit and dropped it off to me at no extra charge If you bought the units from a navico dealer and took them to your own installer, for what ever reasons, then possibly this could be the cause of majority of the issues. The lack of expereince is installing very sensitive equipments such as the 1kw transducer. Pretty much the same when you buy a new car, get a new cd player installed by your local auto leccy guy then it plays up. You can't go back to the manufacturer of the car or the new cd player if it plays up. You go back to the installer to get it sorted. Not having a shot at you but frustration often leads to blaming the wrong people and I myslef have had this happen before.

I assume the radar and the GPS are all working AOK?

Can't wait to see it all up and running and get to see some amazing screen shots of what his unit can do in the blue. Whens its all working you will be blown away. Take some shots of the install of the helm as well if possible.

Cheers
    Lee

Grand Marlin, I have a new HDS5m on a new boat sometimes the gps will turn off and reboot, couple of times in a few minutes. Is a bitch when on autopilot. I was thinking maybe it loses the satts or something. Appreciate your thoughts.

Does it have the latest software update?

If it does and it is still doing it, then it will be a trip to the doctor.
    It isn't losing satellites.

Cheers

Pete

Pete

Kudos to you mate for trying to sort out Newby's problem (sounder that is. The physiological ones are beyond help!). It really illustrates that we need to shop around for the right supplier/installer just as hard as we do for the right price. Not suggesting that Newbs took the cheap option in this case, but it seems that he has been let down by the skills/attitude of the people who did the job and were suppose to know what they were doing. If he knew then, what he knows now, I bet he would have chose a different path/people.

Well done on your efforts and I hope next time your on the water, your rod bends hard and often as part of the good karma you have earnt.

Steve

If I'm wrong, do I get a pineapple too

Just a shame I'm not there to see exactly what is going on.

While you are going, make sure there are no other obstructions in front of the transducer - i.e., bad gelcoat chips, other skin fittings, any other fixtures etc etc.

Cheers

Pete
    Nah Pete, pineapples are for people who I have paid to do a job that they are incapable of actually doing and should have told me so as a duty of disclosure. Apparently Ian from Navico is up in a couple of weeks so he and I are taking a little boat trip.
    BUT having said that, if your into that sort a thing mate, I could always save
    ya 1
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by leelee View Post
    Definately 100% interference then.

If the installer is actually a navico retailer and/or an approved navicio installer and not just someone in the industry who can get the product then I would be seriously looking at them and not navico as majority of the issues seem to be about this 1kw transducer and installation of the products, well only from reading what i see on here.

If you purchased the goods direct from this retailer then surely they should have the pull pull navico to sort out the issues. I know my retailer does and he has gone out of his way to sort out teething issues for me and even replaced a unit and dropped it off to me at no extra charge If you bought the units from a navico dealer and took them to your own installer, for what ever reasons, then possibly this could be the cause of majority of the issues. The lack of expereince is installing very sensitive equipments such as the 1kw transducer. Pretty much the same when you buy a new car, get a new cd player installed by your local auto leccy guy then it plays up. You can't go back to the manufacturer of the car or the new cd player if it plays up. You go back to the installer to get it sorted. Not having a shot at you but frustration often leads to blaming the wrong people and I myslef have had this happen before.

I assume the radar and the GPS are all working AOK?

Can't wait to see it all up and running and get to see some amazing screen shots of what his unit can do in the blue. Whens its all working you will be blown away. Take some shots of the install of the helm as well if possible.

Cheers
    Lee
    Navico dealer for sure. They installed the equipment and the shipwrite did the transducer. Nothing wrong with the job mate. Since the new transducer went in, I have a better picture and better bottom holding but it is still not right. he radar is also having a hissy fit and has 2 blips on the screen that wont go away. I of course went for the broadband option. I am definately having PRODUCT issues mate not install issues. I mentioned before that Ian from Navico is due up in a couple of weeks so see if he can sort it out. If indeed it is an isue with the placement of the transducer, TWICE, then harsh words will be spoken with the possibility of blood loss occuring to someone at some stage.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Pete

Kudos to you mate for trying to sort out Newby's problem (sounder that is. The physiological ones are beyond help!). It really illustrates that we need to shop around for the right supplier/installer just as hard as we do for the right price. Not suggesting that Newbs took the cheap option in this case, but it seems that he has been let down by the skills/attitude of the people who did the job and were suppose to know what they were doing. If he knew then, what he knows now, I bet he would have chose a different path/people.

Well done on your efforts and I hope next time your on the water, your rod bends hard and often as part of the good karma you have earnt.

Steve
    I bet your wrong on all points Steve.
    Not an installation problem bud. Unless it is transducer placement and even then, I definately had a bung transducer to start with. Supplier and installer are fine. I took the LOCAL choice not the cheap option. I always try to practice what I preach. You just better hope I get all this $hit sorted before end of Feb mate.
    NEWBY T.G.

I bet your wrong on all points Steve.
    Not an installation problem bud. Unless it is transducer placement and even then, I definately had a bung transducer to start with. Supplier and installer are fine. I took the LOCAL choice not the cheap option. I always try to practice what I preach. You just better hope I get all this $hit sorted before end of Feb mate.

I stand by my original post that it is kudos to Pete for trying to sort this out for you. If it is partially the placement, then we are both right.

And yes, get this sh!t sorted before the end of Feb. We expect a high standard!

Steve

Does it have the latest software update?

If it does and it is still doing it, then it will be a trip to the doctor.
    It isn't losing satellites.

Cheers

Pete

Hey Pete, Unit was purchased in November 09 , thought it would be ok for software. Another question what type of memory card do you need to save waypoints onto?

Cheers Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I stand by my original post that it is kudos to Pete for trying to sort this out for you. If it is partially the placement, then we are both right.

And yes, get this sh!t sorted before the end of Feb. We expect a high standard!

Steve
    Kudos my bum hole Steve (got in trouble for swearing so I am toning it down somewhat)
    Pete deserves a HUGE Newby HUG as he has been a great help and asked questions that should have been asked by Navico, Installers and sellers alike.

NEWBY T.G.

Pete deserves a HUGE Newby HUG as he has been a great help and asked questions that should have been asked by Navico, Installers and sellers alike.

Now that would have me a tad nervous!!!!!!!!!!

You are a worry. The thought of your great painted frame coming towards with arms stretched wide, clasping a pineapple in one hand is a sight I want erased from all levels of consciousness.

Glad you come around to my thinking from my earlier post re supplier and installer. They should have been asking the questions, not you. Should be an interesting discussion over a jack or twelve.

When are you likely to find out if Pete's latest thought is a fix?

Steve