Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

Re: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

Quote Originally Posted by mojoe1 View Post
    good luck newby too much outlay for this sort of result. i just got my hds5 head unit replaced under warranty the unit lost sound was only 6 months old.so far the thing has not set the world on fire slow to pick up the bottom even in shallow water and drops out at speed over 12kns fed up with stuffing around with the tranny.had a garmin 140 on my old tinny worked at any speed cost less than 200 bucks.
    I hear ya...Same problem...It seems the transducers are the problem...Way too sensitive to turbulence or something. Not sure. I have paid the extra and had mine moved into apparently "a better place" according to 1 guy at Lowrance. So another hole in my boat....DOH...Dont give up mate...Go hard on em...
    I would have no hesitation in spending $1000 to get $50 if principal was involved... The greenies need to take heed on this one as I am now joining the fight for my lifestyle... I am a firm believer "Its not how you play the game, its winning that counts" Who did Muhamad Ali beat in the olympics to win a gold medal????? Exactly....Nobody remembers second....
    I have lived by a creed that my old boss and I came up with years ago "F***K the F*****G F*******ers..... Its how I got to where I am I think (its certainly not a good education...lol...)....Win at all costs...
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

I posted some where that i had hoped that lowrance service would improve when navico came to town, sadly it looks like it hasn't.
    I have got a hds5x & a 5m in the boat i just brought, so iam stuck with them for now. Furuno will be the replacements if i have problems down the track. Leigh

Newby

You better get this sorted before we come up to pick up the rod. We have standards you know.

Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Newby

You better get this sorted before we come up to pick up the rod. We have standards you know.

Cheers
    Steve
    Yeah yeah knows ya standards. I STILL have "THE ROD" remember? Old worn out rod with equally worn out line belonging to an equally worn out old fisheman that ties an even more worn out "THE LURE" on and catches suicidal Marlin. I know ya standards mate.
    The boat will be back in the water by nid Janury with a trip scheduled for Australia day weekend. 4 dayer this time I think as it falls on the Tuesday. As usual, weather permitting...
    Here is a list of what I am doing to the boat before re-launch.
    1) New transducer...
    2) New port drive shaft. (while it was out of the water, they found my shaft was bent in 2 places.)
    3) Batteries moved fore to the gen room. (weight distribution)and 1 more 200 added for extra power. 4 in total now. 3 house and 1 starter
    4) Many oil leaks rectified.
    5) Custom built, stainless rudders installed. Love this one....Had a slight leak starboard rudder, once again, while she's out of the water, lets have a look and sort it. Well bronze cast rudder was cracked in shaft and shaft seal also cracked. The old girl never did perform that well in following seas or at slow speeds. So 30% bigger rudders are getting manufactured from stainless. Believe it or not, this was cheaper than getting new bronze ones....
    6) Pump ot all fuel, refill tank with amonia to kill off all bloody algea (black death) and remove all fuel lines etc and also treat with biocide to kill all algea.
    7) Redesign whole cabin with weight being the main consideration on refit. Probably just use different, lighter timber and redo all original with it.
    8) Reseal all windows and remove corrosion
    9) Cut and polish gelcoat...
    10) get a 6th mortgage to pay for it all
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    Yeah yeah knows ya standards. I STILL have "THE ROD" remember? Old worn out rod with equally worn out line belonging to an equally worn out old fisheman that ties an even more worn out "THE LURE" on and catches suicidal Marlin. I know ya standards mate.
    The boat will be back in the water by nid Janury with a trip scheduled for Australia day weekend. 4 dayer this time I think as it falls on the Tuesday. As usual, weather permitting...
    Here is a list of what I am doing to the boat before re-launch.
    1) New transducer...
    2) New port drive shaft. (while it was out of the water, they found my shaft was bent in 2 places.)
    3) Batteries moved fore to the gen room. (weight distribution)and 1 more 200 added for extra power. 4 in total now. 3 house and 1 starter
    4) Many oil leaks rectified.
    5) Custom built, stainless rudders installed. Love this one....Had a slight leak starboard rudder, once again, while she's out of the water, lets have a look and sort it. Well bronze cast rudder was cracked in shaft and shaft seal also cracked. The old girl never did perform that well in following seas or at slow speeds. So 30% bigger rudders are getting manufactured from stainless. Believe it or not, this was cheaper than getting new bronze ones....
    6) Pump ot all fuel, refill tank with amonia to kill off all bloody algea (black death) and remove all fuel lines etc and also treat with biocide to kill all algea.
    7) Redesign whole cabin with weight being the main consideration on refit. Probably just use different, lighter timber and redo all original with it.
    8) Reseal all windows and remove corrosion
    9) Cut and polish gelcoat...
    10) get a 6th mortgage to pay for it all
    That outfit is one of our better ones, whats wrong with it??????????

Well ya know what B.O.A.T. stands for don't you. Bring On Another Thousand. Although in your case it is more like ten thousand.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    That outfit is one of our better ones, whats wrong with it??????????

Mark
    Yeah, what's wrong with it????? Ya reckon that is bad, you should see what I land barra on

Some of us believe in GO over SHOW

Steve

[quote=NEWBY;1109667] Who did Muhamad Ali beat in the olympics to win a gold medal????? Exactly....Nobody remembers second....

For the record it was Poland's Zbigniew Pietrzykowski.

[quote=bugman;1110087]
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    Who did Muhamad Ali beat in the olympics to win a gold medal????? Exactly....Nobody remembers second....

For the record it was Poland's Zbigniew Pietrzykowski.
    No woder nobody remembers it
    NEWBY T.G.

but we remember anchors?
    Tangles KFC

Hoooooo Hummmmmm The saga continues. If there is ANY advice I can give anyone it is this, no matter what anyone ever offers you be it dispute or deals, GET IT IN WRITING.... ALWAYS...... A wise man once said to me(actually he was a dead set W****ER but this advice was great) "If it aint been written, it aint been said" Get everything in writing. After my discussion and final resolve last week with Darren Coneybear form NAVICO NZ, I have asked twice now for the approval in writing via email. I havent got it yet. He hasnt even acknowledged the request or responded in any way. Darren is apparently the bossman of customer service/technical support for the whole of oz and NZ.... Way to go NAVICO, your dismal display of customer service continues. I will keep you all posted on this. Should be a great warm up for me when I "GO HARD" on the hairy armpit brigade who want to steal our lifestyles.
    NEWBY T.G.

Nice work Newby. I was going to purchase an HDS but I think I might hold off for now. thanks for the heads up.

I have had a HDS 10 for a few months now and love it. Tracks bottom and pick up detail on the reefs at 60km/hr. GPS works a treat as well and when familiar with the page buttons its very easy to use. Looking forward to the structure scan should arrive in the next couple of days. Sorry Newby that you got a dud of a unit but when working they are a great bit of gear and i personally wouldnt deter someone in buying a HDS unit.

Go to google and put in loarance hd problems and see what you get , if that isnt enough to put you off then go on your merry way and buy one ,i know o wouldn't no way ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

OK Update....
    Got my letter yesterday. So finally, after over 3 months of problems and now nearly 6 weeks of fighting and arguing with Navico, we should have a resolve. The new transducer is already installed AND has been relocated further aft.
    Boat goes back in the water round 10th January then we can start work on the Radar and the GPS external antennae.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by bronsonwinston View Post
    I have had a HDS 10 for a few months now and love it. Tracks bottom and pick up detail on the reefs at 60km/hr. GPS works a treat as well and when familiar with the page buttons its very easy to use. Looking forward to the structure scan should arrive in the next couple of days. Sorry Newby that you got a dud of a unit but when working they are a great bit of gear and i personally wouldnt deter someone in buying a HDS unit.
    Cheers for that. I really hope it works well after this. I am not trying to put anyone off though, just buyer beware thats all. I am the first to admit that when yourgoing after new technology be prepared for as few bugs. And I was...I wasnt prepared for extremely poor customer service... Thats what has pi$$ed me off so much. Not the product...
    NEWBY T.G.