Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

Re: Lowrance/navico Customer Service?

Thanksguys, here is where we are so far.
    Got a call yesterday from my supplier.
    "the rep is onto it, radar blip is a software issue. Latest download will sort it..."
    Problem.....Cant download the damn thing and when I do it to desktop and try to set it up off the EXE file, it crashes...Well done Lowrance, you have amazed me once again. The "REP" is a contactor not an employee. He didnt have the latest update and in fact told me the one I did in October, was the latest. Its not....
    "the radar overlay never did work as it was only a US feature"
    Nowhere does it say THAT in the ads......."latest software update will fix that"
    so still no answer on
    1) The depth text moving with the map making them unreadable. everything else stay at the readable horizontal position...
    2) No weather overlay...Apparently, not sure we are getting that in OZ...Sirrius thing.
    3) SOUNDER IS STILL NOT HAPPENING properly....ARGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They are stumped. Talking about ME having to lift it out AGAIN and smooth out the fairing block now.Rep is onto it....Seeing if any one olse has the problem.
    4) External GPS antennae STILL NOT FITTED.....
    5) North Up/course up option not available on Radar???? NFI

Patience runs out in 11 days.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Newby, whats your number mate?

Cheers

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    Thanksguys, here is where we are so far.
    Got a call yesterday from my supplier.
    "the rep is onto it, radar blip is a software issue. Latest download will sort it..."
    Newby download the file onto your PC. Extract the files from the EXE file and place them onto the SD card. Unit will auto upload the latest changes.

Cant download the damn thing and when I do it to desktop and try to set it up off the EXE file, it crashes...Well done Lowrance, you have amazed me once again.
    So can you download it because you have said that you can’t download it but then you have said you download to the desktop and try to run it so I assume that the file is downloaded to the desktop?

If the EXE file is on your desktop then this has nothing to do with Lowrance it’s a PC issue.

4) External GPS antennae STILL NOT FITTED
    Depending on how long the cable is that is required I have a cable here that should fix the problem but as I cannot see the antennae and unit I can not be 100% positive. I assume the plug from the LGC4000 is a male plug and the plug on the back of the unit is also a male plug? If so then the cable I have will fix the problem. But I am pretty sure that the kit you need is in stock.

Cheers

Lee

And so we go on, and on, and onnnnnnnnnn
    Update done.....NOTHING......
    None of my issues were fixed.....
    BUT they are onto it
    10 days...
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Newby

If you could only bottle your patience you would be a billion air mate. I have only one thing to say to you “Furuno”.

Stu

6 Days to go then it's the "Newby BAD PRODUCT Insertion Method" that will have to kick in.
    Since the rep came for a visit, he got back to me via the supplier last week, NOTHING...
    Pete (Grand Marlin) has given me more good advice here and in 1 phone call than I have had 6 months with Lowrance.
    But I did promise them 2 weeks....and I (unlike them) am a person of my word.
    The fat lady hasn't sung yet but she is certainly warming those tonsils up.
    NEWBY T.G.

You just knew I would have to jump into this one eh?
    Navico have not done themselves any favours with me or anyone I speak to.
    After the reps visit last week, and the phone call the next day from my supplier telling me "they were onto it" I have heard jack shizenhouzen from them. Nothing. Zip. Naff all.

Mark, the RADAR problem seems to be fixed although as you saw, it didnt pick up a boat (large one) that was 2 miles away (Lamont) and it didnt pick up the mainland, allbeit it with a lighthouse on it and all. And it certainly DOES NOT pick up a seagull like I was told the broadband would but the blip has gone yes. another intermittent problem to solve.
    As far as the external anntennae for the GPS goes, it STILL has not been fitted. That is a supplier issue.

Guys I am glad you have had a good run with these clowns. I dont like to see anyone out of pocket, patience or even just having problems with a product. Good luck for the future with your gear. At this stage, mine will be returned for a full refund and I will start again. Probably Furuno but will also check out Raymarine. I gave them a further 2 weeks. Time is up on wednesday. I can only see 2 resolutions to this.
    1) They give me back my 9 grand.... (preferable)
    2) They send their "experts" from NZ or wherever the hell they may be up to Gladstone, lift the boat out, take EVERYTHING off the boat and start again. WITH ALL NEW GEAR.... Now we know thats not going to happen...

Here was the final blow for me really. Although the company has been bought out by the U.S. and we actually do have an office in Australia, nobody here can make decisions. everything has to go through NZ.
    Hi Newby, I must admit that I am not convinced on this one. As I said in some previous posts, I certainly feel for you and what you have been through. I really feel it should have resolved a lot faster and better but what I am unsure of is by who? I am assuming that this installation was done originally by a dealer in your area, is this correct? if so, who is the dealer? I think that it should have been them replacing everything from day one and fixing all the issues properly. At this point, had they discovered that 1 or more components were faulty than they would have sent them back to Navico for a credit. Problem quickly solved. A good dealer would have had all the necessary leaverage with Navico to handle this missup promptly, efficently and quickly. Why did you have to step in into this situation? Did you buy the gears directly from Navico? if not, you do not have a contract with them but you have a contract with whoever has sold you the gear! as this gear has all been installed, chances are that Navico could blame the dealer/installer for having damaged the gear during the installation process by doing it incorrectly! and never have a real liability in this! Personally I would have not have got involved with Navico at all! Rather I would have blamed the dealer/installer and made sure that he would get this all mess under control quickly or that he would refund me the money. If the problem was eventually proven to be faulty gear, then the dealer would have had grounds to claim additional expenses for getting your boat out and into the water several time during the process. As a dealer have an open account with Navico they could have used these credits against their bills. I really do not understand how you got into this all mess in the first place! Did you buy the gear from a dealer and then did the install yourself? or did you get some sort of backyarder to install it for you?

Can you please elaborate on this very early step of the initial purchase/installation?

Thanks,
    Opti

Quote Originally Posted by OptimaxWorld View Post
    Hi Newby, I must admit that I am not convinced on this one. As I said in some previous posts, I certainly feel for you and what you have been through. I really feel it should have resolved a lot faster and better but what I am unsure of is by who? I am assuming that this installation was done originally by a dealer in your area, is this correct? if so, who is the dealer? I think that it should have been them replacing everything from day one and fixing all the issues properly. At this point, had they discovered that 1 or more components were faulty than they would have sent them back to Navico for a credit. Righto I will start here.....Firstly, I will not name the dealer. No need. The first thing they wanted to replace was the Transducer...READ THE DAMN THREAD and then make comment...It took months to get Navico to agree to it.

Problem quickly solved. NO NOT SOLVED AT ALL....

A good dealer would have had all the necessary leaverage with Navico to handle this missup promptly, efficently and quickly. Why did you have to step in into this situation? Did you buy the gears directly from Navico? if not, you do not have a contract with them but you have a contract with whoever has sold you the gear! as this gear has all been installed, chances are that Navico could blame the dealer/installer for having damaged the gear during the installation process by doing it incorrectly! and never have a real liability in this! Personally I would have not have got involved with Navico at all! Rather I would have blamed the dealer/installer and made sure that he would get this all mess under control quickly or that he would refund me the money. If the problem was eventually proven to be faulty gear, then the dealer would have had grounds to claim additional expenses for getting your boat out and into the water several time during the process. You really do not have a clue do you? READ THE WHOLE THREAD....

As a dealer have an open account with Navico they could have used these credits against their bills. I really do not understand how you got into this all mess in the first place! All you need to understand is that the mess I got into was becasue I chose LOWRANCE.
    Did you buy the gear from a dealer and then did the install yourself? or did you get some sort of backyarder to install it for you? Once again...READ THE THREAD...

Can you please elaborate on this very early step of the initial purchase/installation?

Thanks,
    Opti
    See above in blue....Dead set, your a goose....AND I would hazard a guess at a goose who has some sort of affiliation with Navico or Lowrance etc. Blind Freddy could probably see that.....
    NEWBY T.G.

I am sorry mate, you keep calling me names but you keep missing my point .....

When you buy something you enter a contract between you and the seller. If the seller is the dealer you should have kept hammering him, as he is the only party here liable to you. It is up to him to enter a dispute with Navico, not you. If he thought Navico gear or service was bad, why did he sell you their gear in the first place? He must have had either very little experience with Navico gear or not very many bad ones, which proves my point! If the dealer agreed with you that there was an issue with the Navico gear, he should have removed the lot, sent it back, and given you the Furuno gear! Fullstop. It should have been done by the dealer not Navico, very soon after you presented the issues. Then it was his problem how he would have dealt the issue with Navico. To me this is a very simple matter.

I will proceed with a further example ..... a friend in Adelaide bought a brand new QLD boat in Jan 2009 and I drove this boat from Sydney to Adelaide for him. Once we got here I made a list of a few things that were not working, some included some fantastic Raymarine gear. The boat is worth approx $1.8 Million. When I finished my report I handed it to the owner and we emailed it to the factory. They then organized several people from Cummins, Raymarine, etc. to go to the boat and fix the issues. We never spoke with Raymarine, we only spoke to the boatbuilder!

What I do not understand his your frustration here with Navico, if you feel that your gear is faulty, get the dealer that sold it to you to remove it and give you what you want. You have legal rights with him not Navico, he has rights with Navico. By bypassing this simple step you have made your life heaps more complicated! Of course though, if the dealer you bought you gear from is too small, unorganized, not as solid as others, then you will be struggling to get anywhere with him and he might divert you to Navico, which I seem to get the impression is what happened here.

Maybe this is now well too late for you Newby, but if there is one lesson to be learned here, it seems to me to be that, if you are investing a fair bit of money in electronics you want to do it from a reputable/largish dealer/installer, in this way if you ran into troubles you can get issues resolved quickly and promptly. I am sure that issues can occur with all brands but you should not be the one fixing them unless you have installed it yourself! And even then you should know that by doing it yourself you might be saving some money but you are also opening yourself to weaknesses when it comes to warranty claims, so beware! Saving money = risk! I might take the risk, but then I have to be prepared to pay the possible consequences.

I hope you understand where I am coming from. I don't care about Navico, Furuno, Raymarine, etc. ..... I just would like your experience to be useful to others in future, so that they do not get burned like you did.

My $0.02,
    Opti

Quote Originally Posted by OWorld View Post
    I am sorry mate, you keep calling me names but you keep missing my point .....

When you buy something you enter a contract between you and the seller. If the seller is the dealer you should have kept hammering him, as he is the only party here liable to you. It is up to him to enter a dispute with Navico, not you. If he thought Navico gear or service was bad, why did he sell you their gear in the first place? He must have had either very little experience with Navico gear or not very many bad ones, which proves my point! If the dealer agreed with you that there was an issue with the Navico gear, he should have removed the lot, sent it back, and given you the Furuno gear! Fullstop. It should have been done by the dealer not Navico, very soon after you presented the issues. Then it was his problem how he would have dealt the issue with Navico. To me this is a very simple matter.

I will proceed with a further example ..... a friend in Adelaide bought a brand new QLD boat in Jan 2009 and I drove this boat from Sydney to Adelaide for him. Once we got here I made a list of a few things that were not working, some included some fantastic Raymarine gear. The boat is worth approx $1.8 Million. When I finished my report I handed it to the owner and we emailed it to the factory. They then organized several people from Cummins, Raymarine, etc. to go to the boat and fix the issues. We never spoke with Raymarine, we only spoke to the boatbuilder!

What I do not understand his your frustration here with Navico, if you feel that your gear is faulty, get the dealer that sold it to you to remove it and give you what you want. You have legal rights with him not Navico, he has rights with Navico. By bypassing this simple step you have made your life heaps more complicated! Of course though, if the dealer you bought you gear from is too small, unorganized, not as solid as others, then you will be struggling to get anywhere with him and he might divert you to Navico, which I seem to get the impression is what happened here.

Maybe this is now well too late for you Newby, but if there is one lesson to be learned here, it seems to me to be that, if you are investing a fair bit of money in electronics you want to do it from a reputable/largish dealer/installer, in this way if you ran into troubles you can get issues resolved quickly and promptly. I am sure that issues can occur with all brands but you should not be the one fixing them unless you have installed it yourself! And even then you should know that by doing it yourself you might be saving some money but you are also opening yourself to weaknesses when it comes to warranty claims, so beware! Saving money = risk! I might take the risk, but then I have to be prepared to pay the possible consequences.

I hope you understand where I am coming from. I don't care about Navico, Furuno, Raymarine, etc. ..... I just would like your experience to be useful to others in future, so that they do not get burned like you did.

My $0.02,
    Opti
    Mate, its not me missing the point here eh? How many times do I have to say I BOUGHT IT FROM not only A DEALER, it is THE DEALER in Gladstone. There are no others. And he has his own installer.
    Point 2 I will make is this Opti, I know the consumer laws. I own a car yard. I deal with this type of stuff all the time and I know what a dealer goes through to get warranty work approved and get things happening for the client...Send this document, wait 24 hours, send another document, wait another 24 hours, send more pics and try this that and the other thing, wait 48 hours...etc etc. We short cut it all by calling the manufacturer and IN CONJUNCTION with the Supplier, the manufacturer and the client (me) we tried to work through this in a quicker manner. Just imagine where I would be if I had waited for the dealer, and his subby installer, to get it all together with the factory then try and coordinate meeting me at the boat etc etc...Bloody nightmare +....Thats why I keep saying, read the whole thread...Its all explained one way or another...
    Ultimately, as a consumer I will have 2 courses of action here...
    1) I hit the supplier under the "merchantable goods act" and get my money back.
    2) I go the manufacturer for supplying goods that they know were not ready for public release. They knew were unstable hence all the upgrades so far. That way I can also recover the 20+ hours I have personally lost from my productive day time. I can even go for undue stress caused etc etc. and dont even get me started on the safety at sea factor. My lawyers would have a field day with them.
    There is way too much precedence on this and many many forums around the globe that point out the basis of my argument. And that is an unsatisfactory product was released with the knowledge that it was not right. YES they knew it was unstable in the software and they knew they were going to have many issues. THEY KNEW....
    So here we are, nearly 7 months after install, STILL with no resolution in sight as far as satisfactory performance goes. They have 4 days left...
    NEWBY T.G.

What I have been trying to say all along is that I would have gone for option 1 and tried hard to get your electronics replaced to whatever you prefer from the Gladstone Dealer. Then I would have let them chase the problems with Navico. How soon should you have done this? that is a hard question but I am sure that considering all your documented ordeal you should definitely still be in time. At the end of the day, the dealer has many more ways to get back at them and if Navico decides to attribute the issues to a bad installation then it is between them! As far as these Lowrance gear not being fit for market ...... then the Dealer should have even more so have supported you with the change to another brand. By the dealer not doing this he is almost supporting Lowrance and not you, the Client. You say you have a Car Yard, perfect example ...... Say I buy a brand new car, any brand. If I have issues with it I will take it back to the dealer and get them to fix it. If it keeps giving problems I would try and request a replacement, but I am sure I would not be ringing the Australian Head Office and try to solve it with the Australian CEO, or the Worldwide CEO! I understand that you were trying to do it for the best, that you were trying to get this all excercise to work, but unfortunately in doing so it has turned up worse and it has deleyed things even further. Should you keep going in this direction? Personally I don't think so. I guess this is what I am trying to say, stick to the dealer, get your boat gear replaced with whatever you feel appropriate and let them sort out this mess! Personally I feel this to be the quickest way out for you now.

Opti

Option 1 would require a court case.....
    Unless the dealer was willing to do it...Unlikely...AND I would lose the court case as I would be deemed not to have given every oportunity to the supplier or manufacturer to rectify the problem.

Trust me, I know what happens...

Tomorrow is D day for them....

Best advice still to date is from Pete (grand marlin). Thanks again mate.
    NEWBY T.G.

I would have thought you have given them plenty of opportunity to rectify the issues! Also if you say "Unlikely", it sounds to me that your dealer does not believe that there is an issue with the gear. Otherwise they would have given up on keep throwing ours of labors chasing a product that does not seem fit, as you say and replaced it for something that would have worked first time. Unless of course they are not sure themselves of what is causing the problems.

Anyway, keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

Opti

have fun on D Day Newby

waiting in anticipation for the outcome

good to see a pic of two people up the front on watch because the radar doesn't do its job in another thread

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    have fun on D Day Newby

waiting in anticipation for the outcome

good to see a pic of two people up the front on watch because the radar doesn't do its job in another thread

cheers Murf

Man I don't know about them being on watch but they were on something.