Thread: Jonno from Brisbane

Jonno from Brisbane

G'day guys,

I've been lurking for a while, spending way too much time reading whatever I can on here.

I've been fishing all my life but have only recently got into it properly. My girlfriend (she's almost as mad keen as I am) and I fish Noosa, Hastings Point and Stradbroke pretty often.

I caught my first fish on lures a couple of weeks ago - four tailor off the rocks at Deadmans Beach on Straddie...now I'm pretty determined to get into lure fishing.

Unfortunately we're land based at the moment, but I have plans of buying a tinny in a few months.

I run my own business, http://www.educationalreptiledisplays.com.au which keeps me pretty busy.

Cheers, and thanks in advance for answering the mass of questions that I'm going to be asking!

Jonno

Re: Jonno from Brisbane

Good to have you and the missus onboard Jonno...Welcome to Ausfish more the merrier
    Im looking forward to seeing your first post mate

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Welcome Jonno,
    most of the guys on Ausfish are nice fellas and are quite helpfull...feel free to ask questions.

Cheers john
    John

hey jonno, welcome aboard, i havent been here long either but you'll find more than enough info, pics and top stories/reads here about any fishing you like.
    i had a look at your site, looks great. do you offer discounts to forum members??? not bad arent i?
    we live in suburbia but have scrub nearby, and have seen what im thinking is 2 brown snakes (1 small, 30cms+ and 1x larger, 75cms)in the back yard recently.
    it'd be handy to have some training in catching and releasing? these animals. im not keen on killing them, even tho we have 2 dogs, but, the dogs do come first!
    steve.
    "izzz izzz izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"... sounds of heaven.

"You're gonna need a bigga esky!"

b8nburlee,

I also live in Redbank Plains - I doubt they are Brown Snakes you are seeing. Chances are they are Yellow Faced Whip Snakes or Keelbacks - give me a bell on 0413 128 248 and I'll come move them on and identify for you. Make sure you let me know you're off Ausfish otherwise you'll get charged for the call-out

Cheers

hey jonno,
    thanks for the reply. i googled the snakes you mentioned and quite possibly its the yellow faced whip snakes weve seen.hopefully we wont need your services, altho with the warm weather were having no doubt we just might.
    both i and the partner might take up one of your courses in the new year as we both have an interest in animals. cheers, steve.
    "izzz izzz izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"... sounds of heaven.

"You're gonna need a bigga esky!"

Good to see you on here Jonno,

Everything you need to learn can be found on here.

Cheers,

Nick

Welcome Jonno and a Merry Xmas

[quote=Jonno Lucas;1110036]b8nburlee,

I also live in Redbank Plains - I doubt they are Brown Snakes you are seeing. Chances are they are Yellow Faced Whip Snakes or Keelbacks

hey
    I live at camira and I saw a whipsnake in the vacant block near home last month. It was a fair size for a whip snake too. We both got a suprise.

Hi Jonno,

Keep an eye on the meet and greet section if you want to hitch a ride in a boat until you get your tinnie. Ask Tim D if he has ever encountered any weirdo skippers and I think he will tell you all AF owners of boats he's been out with have been good value. All he needs to do is suppy red rock chilli chips and he's laughin!

Welcome to AF.

Scalem

Welcome to Ausfish Jonno, i grew up in Redbank Plains but moved to Springfield Lakes about 5 years ago with my wife, as Scalem said i have been a deck hand for many Ausfish members, the usual deal is i chip in for fuel, ice and bring a packet of red rock deli chips.

Jonno what size tinny are you looking at getting ??

cheers tim :smiley:

Welcome to the site.....
    ..Greg...."Termites pay the bills"..... Trailcraft 475...75 Hp E-Tec

Quote Originally Posted by TIM D View Post
    Welcome to Ausfish Jonno, i grew up in Redbank Plains but moved to Springfield Lakes about 5 years ago with my wife, as Scalem said i have been a deck hand for many Ausfish members, the usual deal is i chip in for fuel, ice and bring a packet of red rock deli chips.

Jonno what size tinny are you looking at getting ??

cheers tim :smiley:
    G'day mate,

It depends on the budget...I'm in the process of renovating and selling our house. Probably a 3.7m/25hp combo for the time being, until I feel confident with something that can go outside.

The missus and I are definitely keen do a bit of snapper fishing etc - once we're back from Straddie we'll stick a post up in the Meet and Greet section.

Cheers