Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camera Recomendations

Re: Camera Recomendations

The Nikons seem to have got their act together again. With the $ you are looking at you could grab a D3000 for semi serious stuff and a waterproof Canon D10 for the wet work
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

You should have put Fuji on that list.
    David

I ended up purchasing a Panasonic TZ7 for myself heh.. Extremely pleased with it.

Decided to go with the Nikon D90
    Will wait for a few more after Christmas sale to see if the price from https://www.camerasdirect.com.au/ind...-lens-kit.html can be beaten but I dont think so.
    Thanks for all recomendations

Good one mate, what are you thinking for a lense?

Scott.

there is not a huge price difference between the single and twin lens kit and this might have to do us for a starter

They do a VR 11 18-200mm kit but its around the $2k and I have pushed her to the limit as it it.
    I have read a few reports on Sigma lens', some good and some not as positive.
    Any feed back on lens?

That seems like a good price, probably comparable to the below which includes a 4gB memory card.
    http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.co...egory917_1.htm

The above website has the 18-200mm for $1100, it isn't listed as a kit, but it would be interesting to see what they could do them both (D90 and 18-200) for?
    Alternately, it may be worth considering the 18-105 (half the price of 18-200) and the 55-200 (or 70-300 non VR entry level lense) as a kit?

As I mentioned earlier, I use the 18-70 and at full zoom it is sometimes a little "short", and consequently I tend to put up with it to avoid changing lenses regularly in the field, due mainly to the inconvenience of doing it (unless it really warrants it), but of course the photo opportunity may have escaped anyway. I don't think they even had that lense when I bought my camera, but if I was doing it all over again that is the lense I would go for without doubt. It just offers so much flexibilty, you could carry around your camera without the case all day if you wanted to without worrying about missing an opportunity.

I had considered both Sigma and Tamron when I bought mine, and gave it a miss also due to conflicting reports.

There was a website that had detailed reviews of alot of lenses, I haven't got it as a favourite, but after a google search this turned up: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/nikkor.htm
    I only glanced at it, so I am not 100% sure of it's validity.

Maybe worthwhile to check out the Nikon forum also, plenty of guys with alot more detailed knowledge on the subject.

Scott.