Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to many crabs

to many crabs

hi all saw this and wanted to get some other opinions on it.personally i dont think its right

Re: to many crabs

im pretty sure i heard at one point they were in the "territory", mudcrab bag limit is 30 per boat. they counted 26.

"wrong" or not, they're within the law =\

yum yum

if they are within the the law then no worries, no matter how wrong you think it is

I am sure none of it was wasted

change the law if you wish, go jump on the band wagon with the rest of the radiclist greenies and ban all us fisher persons from doing anything anywhere

cheers Murf

many parts of Queensland a catch like that is not uncommon so what's the problems . if you look at the life cycle of crabs catch rates have little bearing on numbers more so the availability of breeding females and drifts of larvae play a more important role.

I don't really think that it's 'right,' but if it's within the laws, then I guess it isn't that bad.

As long as they were all put to good use, then there's nothing too wrong with it.

Kaidon

Must be something wrong with my computer....I only get a blank You Tube screen up with nothing to click on to make it play.

i know that its within law but its not sustainable no matter where you are nobody can need that many

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    yum yum

if they are within the the law then no worries, no matter how wrong you think it is

I am sure none of it was wasted

change the law if you wish, go jump on the band wagon with the rest of the radiclist greenies and ban all us fisher persons from doing anything anywhere

cheers Murf
    what are you on!!!am i not on this forum because i fish! jack#@s

there isn't that much meat on crabs. 26 would get eaten quite quick within a family.

ok well seems im the only one that takes what i can eat that night.anyway thanks for your thoughts fellas merry christmas

i think your misunderstanding and reading too much into that video.

When we caught crabs as a kid it was to feed 12 kids and about 12 adults. kids/cousins/ parents/grand parents.

even if i caught crabs now it would be for 6 g/kids and at least 4 adults.

i doubt they went out and caught 26 crabs for 2 people alone.

I've got to wonder what chance we have to keep the freedom to fish and crab when someone stays within the guidelines and still has someone that has to come out and point the bloody finger. Are they undersize? Who is to say that this guy isn't a once or twice a year fisho that had his pots in the right place, at the right time. Pew and the other mongrel groups have enough guns, we don't need to be giving them the ammo.Sustainable??? Given the number still caught I think they are doing ok.

Mark

fbawlgf, whatever that name is, if he's legal then no worries the issue shouldn't even be raised. I do suspect there are at least 2 undersize crabs on this video. The first can be seen at 2min25sec as he pulls it out of the esky and then at around 3min mark when he lines them up you can see 2 quite smallish crabs. Also a lot look quite green prob half full and terribgle tasting. IMO this is just a couple of idiots, look at the square pots ffs, who got lucky(what consistently good crabbers put videos on utube) and who usually dont catch too much to brag about.

I certainly don't see them as idiots at all. nothing wrong with filming video as i do it all the time because i like to take photos and video of anything and everything.

Also nothing wrong with square pots either. I have square pots like many others do. quite common they are. geez i hope no one posts a video of sandies as they are unlimited catch.

nothing wrong with it............

you certainly wouldn't want to see my sand crab hauls then!!!

take what you can use, within the bounds of the law. end of story. some people have genuine use for more than others, and that is their perogative so long as they stay within the law