Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to many crabs

Re: to many crabs

if northen territory they have different size limits to us i think 13 and 14cm for female i have not watched the video as yet as i am at work but will later, most people only take what they need but some will take what they can get human nature and if still inside there bag limit nothing wrong with it but this day and age should not flaunt it so publicly for there own good as i am sure the greenies will start a campain

shane

the thing is it gets to to stage where no one wants to take video or photos or tell anyone anymore because you just get all this ridicule and un educated responses from people that don't have all the facts and information.

I mean geez that video just shows some young people having some fun with fishing. they should be crucified! lol.

anyone read all the rants on the youtube site over that video?

I guess it comes down to the fact that most people who whinge and whine whenever someone has a good catch, don't catch anything themselves, if it is within the law, then it is OK, or the laws are too lenient, you cant have it both ways, my son went crabbing on Saturday (in NSW) and got his bag limit of Blue Swimmers (sandies) in less than 2 hours, that is 40 big crabs between 2 people, but they were all iced, cooked and eaten/distributed to family before lunchtime, so, nothing was wasted, all was within the law, and he might not go again for a few weeks, or he might go next weekend, no use being a "greenie" when it suits you (that is untill you get a bag limit catch) change the laws or keep quiet.

anyone read all the rants on the youtube site over that video? [/quote]
    yeah i have mate and allthough i dont agree with the racial remarks of some of them i do think the one about LIMIT YOUR CATCH NOT CATCH YOUR LIMIT is pretty fair.maybe its just a west aussie thing!!!
    F@#k being at work lets go fishing

There is nothing wrong with catching 27 mudcrabs between three people.
    They surely know there stuff and crabs taste great. I only wish i can do that well.

We have too many wannabe sciencetist in this forum. If the bag limit is 10 and their catch is under the limit. It's sustainable - What research have we done.
    Surely the dpi knew what they were doing when they put up the bag limit.

Just because an individual decides 2 is enough for him, doesn't mean it's enough for everyone else.

I once caught 100 blue swimmer crabs - i wonder what people will say about that.

Interesting comments.

I wonder who puts most pressure on a fishery.

The guy who gets 3 or 4 crabs every weekend or 3 guys who get 27 on their annual holiday ?

Who then cops the flogging with the moral stick ?

Perfectly legal catch in the Northern Territory. Lets cut the garbage and leave them to it. The thread is now closed.
    Last edited by mod5; 15-12-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    Regards

mod5