Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Defines a C&R "Nazi"?

What Defines a C&R "Nazi"?

Well, after being slotted as a C&R "Nazi" else where by a goose for expressing my opinion on safe release of fish not destined for the table, I guess Im a smidgen bemused.

Soooo, what is a C&R "Nazi" exactly, and who decides??
    Me personally, keep what you want with regards to bag and size, look after what you keep, look after what you release - choice is yours, do the best you can.

I think its a little deeper than that though, and I think its a comon sledge to the sweet water fishos as well!

Re: What Defines a C&R "Nazi"?

Keep it civil please boys and gils!

Heres another while Im on a rant - the term "Greenie" tossed at any one who dares to suggest that the same level of satisfaction can be acheived by watching a fish swim away as compared to watching a fish swim in your esky.

Because I chose to release a fish doesnt mean Im a Greenie.
    Because I eat a fish doesnt mean I dont care about the future.

Mate i release 95% of the fish the Mrs and I catch the rest is on the BBQ(coral trout lipper pearl perch ). We don't have a drama with people taking a feed but when ya see someone with a esky full just to brag and give away I cant see the sense in it. Thats your sport and ya hammering the crap out of it. Cheers Gav

I guess it's those with an OCD like, religious like, fervour toward their beliefs and self righteousness in the face of others lawful practices/choices, although this category lately also fits the RSPCA and the eaten rat controversy.......by the way what is C&R outside of all entertainment??

cheers fnq

Those sportfisherman that practice catch & release predominantly are often branded C&R Nazi's ...... specially if you make a point of it

i know plenty of people that just find it difficult to let anything go ....... I guess they are the meatoes

I have no problems with anyone that takes a feed ....... but I struggle with those that feel that they must take their bag or fill their ice boxes........ Often using the cost of going fishing to justify their actions ....... worst still are those that use their numbers on the boat to make up a bag ....... dad & mum (little jimmy & baby ) .....

These types sux

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I'd consider the word would be used to describe complete intolerance towards another point of view.

But offten suspect its used just to denegrate someone not liked, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    I guess it's those with an OCD like, religious like, fervour toward their beliefs and self righteousness in the face of others lawful practices/choices, although this category lately also fits the RSPCA and the eaten rat controversy.......by the way what is C&R outside of all entertainment??

cheers fnq
    Yeah I saw the 'rat dish' saga tonight on the news!! were they offended that they killed a rat to eat?....or because they fed it to the others unknowingly??? I went to Bali once.....I chose not to ask what it was....it just tasted good...thats all that I needed to know

As for C&R Nazis..to me, its just an extremist without the ability to recognise or respect the thoughts, views or beliefs of others....and it goes both ways and all ways in fishing and in life...I know you Brian, you aint a C&R nazi...you just love the fish...not too much I hope. Remember the 'just one goat' joke

Catch'n'kill...all good if you are genuinly going to eat the fish, have sufficient room for the fish (boat and at home) and stick to legal limits...or 'only what you truely need' within these limits...is probably the best scenario IMHO.

C&R is entertainment...thus has its own moral dilemmas too when you really think about it. (Is that what you meant FNQ??..If so, I agree)

Cheers Steve

Personally, I'm a big supporter of catch n release for all the reasons that everyone has already heard. What does suprise me is an element of c n r which rarely gets mentioned, which is, how c n r teaches fish making them more difficult to capture.

Yeah Brian its all about going fishing and enjoying the type of fishing you do wether it be for a feed or simply like us to cast, lure and release a fish un harmed.

The term of being a Nazi, or Greenie shows the mentality of the few remaining eski fillers. No one is against catching a fish for a feed but these fish are so big and fat the need for more then 1 or 2 it just over the top.

We all understand the times when fish wont swim, in that case we either offer it to other campers and make sure its not wasted, or if its big have it mounted. Thats fishing and it dosn't always go smooth.

Yeah so the answer is No you not none of us are, passionate would be a better word in my book..

Nath

I have no problem with people catching a feed,I do it myself.Theres nothing wrong with keeping a couple for the table,after all a nice fillet to finish a successful trip is the icing on the cake.However, when you see 30 fish some of them barely legal it does make you scratch your head.Especially when those folk are always the whingers about how theres no fish and the pro's are killing the fishing.The bag limits are there for a reason and I know that if they're not abused things should be fine but whats the saying? "limit your catch,don't catch your limit"As for using the old chestnut of justifying the costs of boat etc.. I don't understand that,the only way catching a heap of fish is going to help is if your onselling..but that doesn't happen does it? "Sieg,Heil"
    Paulo

If parents take the responsibility of passing on good sustainable fishing practices then half the battle is won, it is our responsibility to educate the remaining few.

For me it was a role reversal, when I was a young fella the old man an I would go to sea armed with 100lb handlines, fish the morning then spend the afternoon trying to give fish away.............crazy when u think about it but we knew no different.
    After spending a few years in Nth QLD I came home armed with light spin rods and lures. After showing the old fella the enjoyment that came from targeting specific species on light gear he was sold. Now when he comes home from sea it's stories of lures cast into the wash for kingies or plastics presented for snapper, one or 2 in the esky and the memory stick loaded with pics of his catch.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Yeah I saw the 'rat dish' saga tonight on the news!! were they offended that they killed a rat to eat?....or because they fed it to the others unknowingly??? I went to Bali once.....I chose not to ask what it was....it just tasted good...thats all that I needed to know

As for C&R Nazis..to me, its just an extremist without the ability to recognise or respect the thoughts, views or beliefs of others....and it goes both ways and all ways in fishing and in life...I know you Brian, you aint a C&R nazi...you just love the fish...not too much I hope. Remember the 'just one goat' joke

Catch'n'kill...all good if you are genuinly going to eat the fish, have sufficient room for the fish (boat and at home) and stick to legal limits...or 'only what you truely need' within these limits...is probably the best scenario IMHO.

C&R is entertainment...thus has its own moral dilemmas too when you really think about it. (Is that what you meant FNQ??..If so, I agree)

Cheers Steve
    Yes that's it, personally I don't care for it as a committed past time but wouldn't begrudge anyone their free choice.

The kink in whatever logic that has allowed the the RSPCA to charge those contestants would be very worrying to me if I where C&R and wanted to into the future, after all it is pure entertainment and doesn't have the human depth of fishing for food.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Well, after being slotted as a C&R "Nazi" else where by a goose for expressing my opinion on safe release of fish not destined for the table, I guess Im a smidgen bemused.

Soooo, what is a C&R "Nazi" exactly, and who decides??
    Me personally, keep what you want with regards to bag and size, look after what you keep, look after what you release - choice is yours, do the best you can.

I think its a little deeper than that though, and I think its a comon sledge to the sweet water fishos as well!
    Brother Brian "The C&R Nazi".....WHAT THA.......If targeting a Barra Catching and carefully handling into the Boat, Photographing Measuring and Releasing back to fight another day..... and has no issue with what others choose to do with there catch as long as it is handled correctly.......Then I've got Brian all wrong......It appears Brian according to all the reply's so far that none of these BOOFHEADS who have type cast you have bothered to explain your apparent new found slotting......HHmmm I think that cover's it....Your OK Brother and thats all that matters.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Brian, I must admit I didn't see the other post which inferred you were a C&R Nazi. Lol. If you are a Nazi, then I reckon there would be enough of us to form a whole bloody army.

Whitto, eloquently put and summed up perfectly brother.

It's an easy term to splash around I guess. That being said, I find it somewhat perplexing that you are being labelled a Nazi when you, and a whole bunch of us, could better be described as C&R advocates. I don't see you or anyone else for that matter ramming C&R down someone's throat, nor do I see you or anyone else criticise the concept of put and take fisheries.

It is the exploitation of the concept that gets up our goat....sorry for mentioning goat
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"