Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cures for Sea Drunkeness

Re: Cures for Sea Drunkeness

Get your wife to check her medication if she is on any - some long term meds build up in your system (depression meds, epilepsy meds,ect) The side effect can be MDDS - check with your GP next time she is there - there may be an underlying condition. Cheers Sammy xx

Quote Originally Posted by samsnap View Post
    Get your wife to check her medication if she is on any - some long term meds build up in your system (depression meds, epilepsy meds,ect) The side effect can be MDDS - check with your GP next time she is there - there may be an underlying condition. Cheers Sammy xx
    Hi Sammy,
    She has regular blood checks of her blood to track the build up of her meds, and she did mention it to her Dr. aswell just the other day. I as well thought it may of been a side affect of them.
    Aussiefool
    Andrew

I get it , worse for me on calm days sometimes - hell knows why. I can be on a boat for 15minutes and be landsick for 2 hours and yet can spend a couple of days out in crap and come in and sometimes be OK or just need a shower.

I always thought it was sort of like sea-sickness without the upchuck.

Strange it doesn't affect me driving or the coordination once seated in the car at all.

The only thing that works for me ( seasick tablets don't) is Bundaberg brewed ginger beer ( none of the others work- can buy as a cordial as well) before and as I am on the water every 4 hours when I hop on and one when I get off.

The other thing that helps me reset is a strong hot shower ( not a pissy little water saver one - that doesn't)

Thanks - interesting read - never knew it had a name and had never bothered to look it up but know others who suffer it much worse than my mild case.

PS Other interesting thing - possibly unrelated is that I always win games like head on a baseball bat and spin around or with a blindfold. Might have to try them sober now as a experiment