Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fisheries Officers, Get it off Ya chest!

Fisheries Officers, Get it off Ya chest!

Gday all

I think it's high time that we the fisho's have a little discussion about our fisheries patrol , i have read alot of post's in here and i would have to say there is a fair bit of negativity towards them.Question Why?

Personaly i think our fisheries do the best they can do with the little they have, i do not think they get the support from most as they rightly deserve , Question Why not?

Have a think about this, rules and regulations are put into action and fisheries officers try to make sure these are being followed, ARSE HOLES dont give a crap and then it is more rules and regulations for the honest fisho's. Each time this happens it's more bitching and carry on resulting in the fisheries officers getting yet another slap in the face.

I can just imagine our officers talking amongst themselves every time there are new reg's that have to inforce, thinking gee they arnt going to like this one !

What are we doing about it people, what are we going to do to help, if we all did the right bloody thing there wouldnt be a problem to begin with, i dont want to see a another rule or regulation put into to place by the activities of Idiots or others.
    And im sure our Officers dont want to have inforce another friggin reg.

As i have said in another thread(illegal crabbing) it is the actions of individuals thats stuff things up.

Have your say people , get it of your chest , don't sit on your hands and do f$#k all.

Cheers

Re: Fisheries Officers, Get it off Ya chest!

In my area, which is reasonably large, there is 2 Officers to patrol the whole lot, and they are mostly concerned with Abalone Poachers and only the very odd "blitz" on boat ramps or rec fshos in general, I can honestly say that in all my years of fishing in the Illawarra, I have only been approached by them once, and that was during a combined Police/Maritime/Fisheries crackdown at one local ramp, so unless the force is enlarged considerably, then poachers and ilegal activities will go on mostly at will.

what gets on my goat is that there are three different lots of enforcement officers (DPIF,GBRMPA &police) up here why is there not only one that does everything there would be less costs which would free up more money for extra people on the ground .the waste of money must be huge .
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

although ive heard stories about draconian fisheries officers i personally have had no problems whatsoever, of course im polite to them and do the right thing all the time (i have drifted into a green zone unintentionally and remedied that pretty fast)..
    seems the ones that get heavied are the ones that lose their cool...

i see people fishing greens, crabbing them and speeding thru goslows all the time as im sure you all do, and as for keeping undersized fish n jennies that happens a lot.. hopefully these people will crash and burn one day...

the reason officers are detested is the same as police and parking officials...people dont like getting caught cheating....

if theyre doing their job fairly and conscientiously (spelling) WTG to them...

cheers chris

I don't think the probelm is people getting caught, and Fisheries doing their job, it is more people NOT getting caught because the patrols are so far and few between simply because there is not enough officers to fully cover their "zone"

G/day back fellas, down here ( Brisbane) I work at the mouth of the river , and I see many a thing. Question why do they see a tinnie say and of the three departments one will head to them, then 1 minute later a 20 footer goes past or is parked up and not a thing, a riveria comes up and not pulled up, Why is this, no undersize or drunks on these boats is it. I don't give a flying fish really but these are some that I notice , and myself with the grand kids have been pulled over and some only some are a bit over the top and the boy's got upset one day when one yelled ya not taken my fish and started crying a tad, I think they could be a tad gentle if kids on board. Ah also they don't get into them till Friday's either funny that.Good luck all. Laz

There is great value in what you mob are saying, if there are any fisheries officers joined up in here you should also have your say, people need to know whats going through your head, you know how we feel.Drop the badge of your shirt for a minute and give us a few words.

Communication is the key to success and individual thoughts and inputs add to the Collective> A collective of individuals.It will be these peolpe that truly make the difference for our future fisheries resources and make it work.

Wrong doers are individuals they dont form clubs and join groups, they dont get together and talk about how many fish over the bag limmit they caught or how many pots they robbed or stole, why? because they are self centered mongrels that have no respect for others, these are the worst individual you can have.

The one thing we can do they can't is be a collective of individual thoughts and ideas backed up with good will values, in doing this we will always have the upper hand,no way in hell will you ever get mongrels to work together( there is no honour amongst theives)

If you really want to make a difference put your thoughts on the table.
    Be proactive starting from yourselves, we sure as hell need to.

If new rules and regulations are brought to the table , we all get upset and have a little cry about it and moan ect ect , it should never ever had gotten to this stage in the first place.

Know matter what the idea or how stupid you might think it is put it on the table.

If there are any non subscribed members out there reading this pay your money and get in here and have your say, dont sit on the fence

cheers

Totally agree with dredger i see it all the time they check and pick on the people who can least aford it even though most go out of their way to do the right thing and still get fined, i got nothing against fisheries doing their job its the way some do it that is the problem and it ain't just fisheries it's anybody with a badge it goes to their head and if they get pissed at someone watchout if your next in line these guy's should lose their jobs if they can't operate in a cival manner across the board it's simple as that.
    In saying that there are some true gentlemen with a badge and they should get all the respect that they deserve.

totally agree samson, if you are pissed off and have a badge dont come knocking on my boats door

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Totally agree with dredger i see it all the time they check and pick on the people who can least aford it even though most go out of their way to do the right thing and still get fined, i got nothing against fisheries doing their job its the way some do it that is the problem and it ain't just fisheries it's anybody with a badge it goes to their head and if they get pissed at someone watchout if your next in line these guy's should lose their jobs if they can't operate in a cival manner across the board it's simple as that.
    In saying that there are some true gentlemen with a badge and they should get all the respect that they deserve.
    Mate there just profiling there targets , same as customs do , same as the police do, etc, there chasing people who they believe might be doing the wrong thing! It's just to bad they dont profile the people that haunt the pumping jetty with yellow rain coats and fish mincers! They do go through the big boats by the way, The 40"er i sometimes fish on got done along with the crew for having some dollie fillets with the skin removed!

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smashed crabs View Post
    There is great value in what you mob are saying, if there are any fisheries officers joined up in here you should also have your say, people need to know whats going through your head, you know how we feel.Drop the badge of your shirt for a minute and give us a few words.

Communication is the key to success and individual thoughts and inputs add to the Collective> A collective of individuals.It will be these peolpe that truly make the difference for our future fisheries resources and make it work.

Wrong doers are individuals they dont form clubs and join groups, they dont get together and talk about how many fish over the bag limmit they caught or how many pots they robbed or stole, why? because they are self centered mongrels that have no respect for others, these are the worst individual you can have.

The one thing we can do they can't is be a collective of individual thoughts and ideas backed up with good will values, in doing this we will always have the upper hand,no way in hell will you ever get mongrels to work together( there is no honour amongst theives)

If you really want to make a difference put your thoughts on the table.
    Be proactive starting from yourselves, we sure as hell need to.

If new rules and regulations are brought to the table , we all get upset and have a little cry about it and moan ect ect , it should never ever had gotten to this stage in the first place.

Know matter what the idea or how stupid you might think it is put it on the table.

If there are any non subscribed members out there reading this pay your money and get in here and have your say, dont sit on the fence

cheers
    Unfortunately,they would be unable to make any comment in an official capacity due to constraints put on them by their employer,Also do you think anyone who was a Fisheries officer would stand up and let it be known? I know i wouldn't with some of the cowboys on here. They are someones son/daughter after all,trying to do a job.Its simple really play the game by the rules and they'll say G'day and head off to the next punter.But I must say Fishing and boating attracts an amazing amount of boneheads as I'm sure you'd agree,as some of the stories on here relate.
    Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    Unfortunately,they would be unable to make any comment in an official capacity due to constraints put on them by their employer,Also do you think anyone who was a Fisheries officer would stand up and let it be known? I know i wouldn't with some of the cowboys on here. They are someones son/daughter after all,trying to do a job.Its simple really play the game by the rules and they'll say G'day and head off to the next punter.But I must say Fishing and boating attracts an amazing amount of boneheads as I'm sure you'd agree,as some of the stories on here relate.
    Paulo
    Paulo , i dont really exspect( them the fisheries) to say a sinlge word.

You just never know how many have already read what we have written

Same goes for the cowboys that have been reading all this, your in here we cant see you but we know your there, scabing out tips and using our tricks

Do the right thing, obey the rules (whether you agree with it or not - thats why we have a democracy - vote em out or run yourself and have a crack), treat others how you expect to be treated - no problems yeah?

Boating/fishing/crabbing does seem to attract an extrordinary large amount of fools who have no common sense, no morals, and no idea - pity that!

Smashed Crabs
    maybe you should become a fisheries police inspector whatever! You sound like you got it wired, sniffing out the cowboys!
    Cheers
    Flatzie

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

Look if you do the right thing keep up to date with the regs and know where all the GZ's are you won't have a problem.The problem comes to you when you do get an officer who is having a bad day.Just be polite make sure you tell them to stand off your vessel so you both can get fenders out before they connect with your boat.If they are rude or smart arses get a photo of them and their id numbers and tell them to bugger off or you will radio the police.Thats what i would do,who needs a day on the water ruined by these type.For the most part all my experiences have been positive.Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF