Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fisheries Officers, Get it off Ya chest!

Re: Fisheries Officers, Get it off Ya chest!

Quote Originally Posted by smashed crabs View Post
    Well said , from all
    Social networking , great stuff

Education and promotion is lacking.Fisheries Officers should visit school's and talk to the little people.

A suggestion for volunteer officers was brought up on another thread by a young fella, very interesting idea.
    I had brought up the idea of fisheries liason officer's, it works for the police.
    Another possible idea would be a totally independant group of Volunteers, purely for education and promotion.
    As far as im aware you can volunteer with the fisheries, not as an officer, only for education and promotion down at your local ramp.I think this is not a bad idea, a couple of times heading down to put the tinny in i had wanted the fisheries to be there to ask a question but they were not there and i spent the day fishing anyway with my question burning my brain, thinking gee i wonder if im doing the right thing here?

I realy do feel enough is not been done, i come from the days of open slather when i could jump in my boat and nick of to the shelf on my own, put on 60 fish and go home,in those days i didnt fish for fun, i fished for food, those fish feed 4 families.
    Fishing for me in those days and providing for my family gave me a great sense of pride.
    I look at my young bloke now and think he will never know those days, he will never be able to do the same

i used to be a DPI fisheries Fishcare volunteer education officer until Campbell Newman government abolished the fish care volunteers program gee weren't even not getting paid for it was part of the 20 thousand reducation public servant work force only it (I for believe in education is the way too go ( with no inforcement powers ) just purely education people on fish identification , fish can & can't eat and ones can harm you & Rules and Regulations eg on size & possession limit ( better under standing of it ) Fish friendly tackle I done boat shows, fishing clubs , fishing comps , community groups and special schools + take a kid fishing days. And main one done was at the boat Ramps around SE QLD extra set of eyes around the place any not right report it back to our head DPI fisherys officer that run the fish care volunteer program
    yes we can lean from our mistakes from the pass but need to move on for the fishing future and education is the way too go and least I know did try give something back to the fishing community if they ever get the fish care volunteer program back up running with it again I be one of the volunteers again for it But I can't see it happening anytime what joke this current state goverment on fishing and boating matters just sat on there hands so far there has been the odd occasion they gotten off there butts only if it got votes in it

mitch
    ps I don't post here much anymore there is to many key boards warriors as I far concern should get off there butts and help instead of being ctrics
    In life, start off wrong and you'll finish wrong. Put just one skeleton in the closet and you'll have to put another one in to hide the first, and so it goes.
    But start off right and you'll finish right. There's no comeback when you stick to the truth - and no skeletons!

Re: Fisheries Officers, Get it off Ya chest!

i think most people tend to get annoyed about the way things are done, overly aggressive or very rude encounters tend to be the norm, certainly up here in noosa they can be very hard work. I've had two encounters one felt more like chatting to a nice old bloke down the pub while the other seemed much more like something you would experience in North Korea. i took exception to being treated like a hardened criminal by some evil sod i'd met less then a minute before.

I should add neither involved any wrong doing and where simply checks on gear.