Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice on new low-profile baitcaster for Barra

Re: Advice on new low-profile baitcaster for Barra

Anyway back to the question.Gday Gaz.Mate i have been using one of the new green curados (200) with great success.Running 20 pound FINS this reel has been awesome for awoonga barras.Light and very comfortable to fish with.A great reel for under $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Man..... this post just cost me $180 AUD............ ...........I jumped on the bay shop and they have them for $126 USD.......So i thought i better try one out for that price!

Dan,

Oppps sorry mate...You will like it for sure. great value for money...they are good reels. i have 3 of them, and a zillion and a chronarch..all are great reels...just not used enough lately

Cheers Steve

Thanks to the many that offered advice, opinion, tips & suggestion. I have finally bitten the bullet and decided on a Shimano Curado. Ordered from US. Coversion plus shipping insurance came to ONLY $205.

Taking to the boys at Tackleworld that I know VERY well - best price was $330.

Sorry - no comparison.

Thanks again all. Gaz

Gary,
    Did you go the E5, if so mate you will love it. Was lucky enough for Santa to drop one down the chimney Took it for a run on the 2nd for a quick morning raid, it handled 2 small 700 versions with ease. Can't wait to grab a big girl on it Anyway I am sure you will be happy.

Cheers Shaun

shaun and gaz, i got hold of the new 200e7 , that i use for jacks, i will be packing it for the next mondy run, i have no doubt it will do the job..it is a joy to fish with.

deano..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Deano,

The E7 is hopefully my next major fishing purchase That way I cover most of the retrieve ratios. I haven't looked at my roster yet but if it suits I may be able to manage a night or two down at Mondy with ya's in February

Cheers Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by tossie View Post
    Deano,

The E7 is hopefully my next major fishing purchase That way I cover most of the retrieve ratios. I haven't looked at my roster yet but if it suits I may be able to manage a night or two down at Mondy with ya's in February

Cheers Shaun
    that would be good shaun,, see you there...
    deano..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Alvey make a good reel

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Deano,

Cheers Shaun
    I hope so Shaun.....you will be more than welcome as are all AF members........Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Deano,

Cheers Shaun
    Nice to see some one with guts Ya bound to have a great time though

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO