Thread: Tackle Organiser

Tackle Organiser

Just thought I woudl share this beauty with all you guys. I know it's a boat mod but really it something that I think most freshwater anglers would appreciate and maybe take on board.

I have just added this little beauty to the front storage locker of my boat.

I got the angle from bunnings and some stainless screws from the local boat shop for under $10

Now I can have a heap of bigger style lures under the hatch, there is over 30 places for lures of all assorted sizes, and do not have to go looking around through containers to find the lure I am after as I all have to do is lift the hatch and grab the lure, which can result in less noise being transmitted through the hull into the water.

So what do you think?

Cheers

Lee

Re: Tackle Organiser

Yep ... good one Lee - just dont leave those plastic there or the tails will kink

Chiris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Knowing my luck the trebles will get caught in the stuff underneath
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Yep ... good one Lee - just dont leave those plastic there or the tails will kink

Chiris
    They are just there for the photo. Its more useful for spinnerbaits and bigger hard bodys but thought the pre rigged slickies would be the go also. The bend you can see is the actual lack of plastic that is left on the tail

When are you free next?

Cheers

Lee

Careful Lee....He just might knock on your door in the next hour or so
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Spinnerbaits will be ok but hanging hard bodied lures with two or more sets of trebles will swing freely & result in a tangled mess.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post
    Spinnerbaits will be ok but hanging hard bodied lures with two or more sets of trebles will swing freely & result in a tangled mess.
    have tried it out with some larger lures and surprisingly enough it doesn't happen.

I think the key is to space them out and to hook the other treble onto the underside of the hatch.

Cheers

Lee

Cool Re: Tackle Organiser

Good luck with that Lee. Leave plenty of room between lures.
    I bought a similar plastic rack jobby from the tackel shop.
    I found trebles are like wire coat hangers, they all end up in one piece unless they are in separate compartments. Then they are a bugger to then get off the rack.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Cheap, simple and worthy of consideration. I am looking at setups / mods for my new boat (see post on boating chat board) so thanks Lee. Cheers Brett

Great idea that Lee. Good thinking mate.
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Good luck with that Lee. Leave plenty of room between lures.
    I bought a similar plastic rack jobby from the tackel shop.
    I found trebles are like wire coat hangers, they all end up in one piece unless they are in separate compartments. Then they are a bugger to then get off the rack.
    ha ha ha ha ha yes it can end up a right royal mess.

I tested it out the other week in the bay with metal slices from 5-20g and with hitting some swell, some fell off, that was to be expected but most stayed attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Great idea that Lee. Good thinking mate.
    One question I need to ask you. You have the LED lights on your deck don't you? if so do you have a dimmer switch. if so where can i get one from?

Cheers

Lee

Yes Lee, red and white LEDs in every nook and cranny. Saves me walking off the deck in the dark when nature calls I do have a dimmer. Have to try and remember where I got it from, but it does not work that well......it's 15 amp or something like that and still not powerful enough, although I don't blow fuses anymore. I think I got it from Dick Smith's or somewhere like that. I'll check and get back to ya.
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"