Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mondy summer sensations

Re: Mondy summer sensations

Hows Coffs Pete, didnt realize it got smacked so hard with the rain recently

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Heat beads....hit the nail on the head Nath. Bit of alfoil to protect the barbie and away you go. Gaz cooked up a storm right on the verandah of the cabin.
    How did Gaz do that Paul?
    I wouldnt mind shouting the missus a camp oven roast.
    Do the heat beads just light up, do you burn them in before placing on/under/on top of the camp oven?

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Hows Coffs Pete, didnt realize it got smacked so hard with the rain recently
    Mate, OK at the moment but tomorrow, who knows, 5 major flood events this year with some homes and businesses being flooded 3 times.
    Typical urban sprawl, build the homes and worry about the infastructure later.

Pete

Do the heat beads just light up, do you burn them in before placing on/under/on top of the camp oven?
    Hey Brian

It was a bit of a dilemma with the total fire ban. He just placed alfoil to cover the BBQ plates, placed 16 heat beads as a base (lit them up and they burnt down quick), camp oven on the beads (coals) and then 9 I think on the lid (same deal) and three hours later....presto.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Hey Brian

It was a bit of a dilemma with the total fire ban. He just placed alfoil to cover the BBQ plates, placed 16 heat beads as a base (lit them up and they burnt down quick), camp oven on the beads (coals) and then 9 I think on the lid (same deal) and three hours later....presto.

Cheers
    Paul

16 & 9 heat beads Paul thats very pecise

What size roast was that

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Mate, OK at the moment but tomorrow, who knows, 5 major flood events this year with some homes and businesses being flooded 3 times.
    Typical urban sprawl, build the homes and worry about the infastructure later.

Pete
    That will help the jack, mud crab and bass fishin - not!

Stick at it mate, couple of months to go, then its casting, casting, casting till the cows come home!

bring it baby

Hey Brian

Cheers
    Paul
    Thanks mate, will give that a crack this week end.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    16 & 9 heat beads Paul thats very pecise

What size roast was that

chris
    I think the formula came from Derek's camp oven cooking recipes, and may be more to do with the size of the lid and being able to make a nice big bed of beads underneath. But then again Gaz is as OCD as I am so there could be more to it.

Standard size roasts.....1.5-2kgs???

Cheers
    Paul

Whats the deal with lighting a heat bead Paul, just a lighter, no accelerant?
    (steady Chris, maintain some semblance of control mate!)

man I love these Santa smilies

Yes I think so Brian......I am not allowed near fire....my expertise lies in ice management Gaz may see this thread and add.

Ahh yes, Gaz the fire marshal, he did a stirling job up the back of South B that nite!

Stick with ya strengths mate, if ice Quality Assurance is your thing, and its a very important job, ensure compliance.
    Remember, monitor, evaluate, review and modify as required.

little lucifer fire lighters ...... or you can buy the self igniting heat beads

Use the red head beads ...... the best

Chris

PS ..... I was a webber owner ...... smoked chickens , trout or salmon
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Heat beads just got to get the good one this time

Nice more to the gathering great to see... roll on Febuary
    yes the good ones are the go for sure

light them suckers up by putting them on the bbq under the griller mine has a tray with holes in it i put them there and put the camp oven on the hotplate to warm up while the beads heat up then once glowing i transfer them onto the camp oven and turn off the gaas but i keep the lid down over it on the bbq as well