Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which Landcruiser - Petrol or Diesel???

Re: Which Landcruiser - Petrol or Diesel???

ya bogans

sorry about the late reply paddles,

i had to get the packet of winnie blues out of sleeve turn tha acadaca down take my flanny off and put them next to my ugg boots just before i got the jim beam can out of the fridge. lol

cheers

brett

Quote Originally Posted by littlemac View Post
    sorry about the late reply paddles,

i had to get the packet of winnie blues out of sleeve turn tha acadaca down take my flanny off and put them next to my ugg boots just before i got the jim beam can out of the fridge. lol

cheers

brett
    up-market bogan drinkin beam and not VB!!!!?? got a mullet from the local hairdresser too instead of a mum special in the kitchen I spose as well? lol

Quote Originally Posted by gtphantom View Post
    up-market bogan drinkin beam and not VB!!!!?? got a mullet from the local hairdresser too instead of a mum special in the kitchen I spose as well? lol

its chrissie time so i splurged on the jimmy. mum cuts it better than the hairdresser, she gets the undercut really good

thanks for the info gt

where did you get your cruiser stuff done.

cheers

brett

mums haircuts are the cheapest--- not necessarily the most stylish though?
    I'm in Perth had ours done at a local place in balcatta Grapnels -- but any-one can do it I ended up with three quotes stick with a known brand that will offer you a warranty and some sort of R&D back up thats why we went with HM but genie would have probably been the same -- generally ask to see some of the work he's done look at the welds -- should be neat
    don't let them talk you into S/S unless your gunna hold onto the car long enough to leave it to your grandchildren alum/mild is as good as you need --and 1/3 the price make sure that they put the O'2 sensors back in the same areas as origional -- can cause dramas if not . and the r/h sensor needs a wiring mod so it doesn't get burnt on the new pipes
    the muffler is the biggest winner and the most bang for your buck ours cost us around $350 fitted made 10-15% gains in economy straight up!! the headers and cats were $1800 fitted gained about another 5-10% took three trips to N/W to recover cost of install on bowser price enroute -- the cook howled me down till we gained nearly 100km range on the two tanks !!
    the HiClone is available from them on line -- also seen them at the 4WD and camping shows-- this is where we got ours --they suggested to fit two in a normally aspirated engine I only put one in -- didn't seem to alter the economy to much but the low end torque gain was instantly noticeable! i still may fit the second into the inlet!
    I've had varying reports on these devices -- they dont seen to generate much of difference in T/D but on a N/A engine they are worthwhile -- I think $150-200 mark
    we've had our car from new in 03 and got only 93000km on it exhaust header work has been done three years ago and the muffler within three months of origional purchase
    K&N air cleaner -- $150 from REPCO can fit it yourself -- no rocket science in this buy a clean and reoil kit at the same time and keep your old paper element in a plastic bag -- servicing the cotton media can take 24hrs to dry!

do a bit o research into the headers try not to get taken in with all the performance mumbo-jumbo torque increase is what your after -- I think the V8 is only good for around 175 kw ? but in other aplications they can get 550kw in the lexus and soarers the standard 4.7 has got around 450nm only about 20-30 less than the T/D so to coax another 50-60 out of them is not to hard -- and a hell of a lot cheaper than the $12000 price difference at origional piont of purchase
    don't get me wrong I'd love a 200 with twin turbo -- but unless your boss or K Rudd is paying for it doesn't add up -- I'm only a busted arse mechanic working for a Cat dealer but even I can do the sums !!

cheers

Dont waste your time with hiclones. Its a sham. Not 1 person that has fitted them has any kind of gain on paper. Its all in their minds . I fitted 1 to my mates n/a deisel along time ago where youd think it has an affect. But no. Same story for other petrols.

Gday Ben firstly let me say I or my family don't sell, fit ,distribute or take commisions for this product! just happy to pass on any info that I feel will help someone else
    I used to be of the same opinion but after fitting one into the 2UZ in the100 we've noticed a gain in low end power almost imediately -- so much so that my wife commented after fitting it ..... and she had no idea that it had been installed
    as I said the claim for economy is probably a bit tall -- but in saying that if you get more torque at a lower rpm and hold higher gears for longer in the long run you should see gains in economy
    don't get me wrong I've talked to plenty of people like yourself and I was skeptical at first but I'm happy with the small improvement for the cost BFYB its not a bad thing --- and hey if I remember correctly they'll refund you 100% within a month if you don't get any imoprovement
    as well a lot of people fit them to T/D -- where IMO there is no gain at all cos the turbo is doing all the work the HiClone supposed to be doing!! NA diesels don't have enough volume and air speed to be effective but larger petrol engines that rev qicker IMO certainly get a pick-me-up---------- nothing to loose if it don't work I reckon
    remember it's all about making the thing breath better-- best efficiency for the 2UZ is between 2000-3000rpm off the showroom floor max torque is at 2800-2900 rpm -- if you can peak the touque and increase it around 2000-2200 rpm the torque curve is flatter for longer at lower rpm's --this is where you get the fuel efficiency
    another good thing about the Toyota ECU is they're supposed to be a learning type programme so any adjustments made to the engine hardware should be compensated for from the ECU-- don't know if this is exactly true but I know with ours it seems to register a new bit and run with it --- so far no adverse effects in 93000 km runs sweet as a nut

cheers

have owned two 100 series diesels and one hundred series petrol which i thought i would never buy . with diesel dearer than petrol these days and the benefit of cruise control on the petrol they are so much in front with power and price wise.

yeah a turbo diesel would be good but at about 10 grand more to spend to match the petrol for power and a saving of zilch in fuel costs because of the price of diesel these days whats there to gain.

gtphantom - Yeah you are right. Most computers these day are learning computers to a point. How hard you drive it in the first 10 minutes from starting it, is how it will react for the length of the drive.

Boost negates a hiclone. Have you seen the little 2psi electric compressors you can buy? I think that would make more of a difference. But I will still never beleive they are anygood My opinion.

But another thing you can do for your 100 series. Is change the computer. If you have extractors and exhaust and snorkle. Getting it dyno'd with a maffless tune makes a HUGE difference. O2 sensors/computer just keep varying the mix and isnt that accurate. Alot of wasted fuel that your cats have to burn up. Can vary the mix through the rev range and lean it out at 110. Fuel eco and power have huge gains.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbee View Post
    have owned two 100 series diesels and one hundred series petrol which i thought i would never buy . with diesel dearer than petrol these days and the benefit of cruise control on the petrol they are so much in front with power and price wise.

yeah a turbo diesel would be good but at about 10 grand more to spend to match the petrol for power and a saving of zilch in fuel costs because of the price of diesel these days whats there to gain.
    I'm not sure where you are at, but diesel is just about the same price as petrol in Brisbane at the moment and there'll be a big difference in fuel cost between v8 and td 100 series.

Not really Chisel. Different strokes for different folks. The performance of my turbo diesel is better than others (having a rebuild and ballanced engine and a few other mod cons). But I just got 500k's out of my 90 litre tank. Thats it. The bottom line is it just doesnt have the performance Im after, and that reflects in the eco. I would have to drive the V8 a hell of alot less hard, to get the same performance. Thus a V8 on gas would be a wayyy better option for me. But, I have no choice...

So it all comes back to the person buying it.

thanks guys for the input.
    A lot of merit for both sides by the looks of it.

Will be keeping an eye out for both types.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by chisel View Post
    I'm not sure where you are at, but diesel is just about the same price as petrol in Brisbane at the moment and there'll be a big difference in fuel cost between v8 and td 100 series.

the difference in price between petrol and diesel in Perth--or WA at the bowser has been up to 15 cpl at times and maybe even higher!!
    cheers

Which are you saying is higher in Perth?
    Around here in qld usually petrol and diesel are pretty much the same, petrol going from lower to higher weekly during fluctuations.

yep diesel has been considerably dearer than ULP in WA for quiite a while -- so much so 98 RON is usually cheaper than Diesel!! true story --- don't ask me why? just is
    http://www.fuelwatch.com.au/ this is todays locally but like I said it's been a hell of lot dearer over the last couple a years ??
    cheers