Thread: Best Jockey wheel

Best Jockey wheel

Hi guys

the jockey wheel on my trailer is just not good enough. It will not turn the trailer on anything but a flat concrete surface and even then with difficulty. I need a wheel that can be used on concrete or grass surfaces. I had a look at the fulton brand it looks good, but I have doubts with it on grass. Does anyone have a wheel that will make this job easier.

Also does anyone know of a powered gizmo or something that will move a trailer about without all the hassle.
    My boat and trailer are single axle and weigh about 1000kg.

Re: Best Jockey wheel

Hi Sporty

Try pumping the tyre pressures up and if you get a jockey wheel that also can be pumped up and you grease the jacking tube well, things may be easier.

There was a thread not long ago about electrical 12 and 24 v powered caravan / boat movers. Lots of good info but they come at a price which I why I suggest you boost the tyre pressures on al(sp) all three wheels and try that first.

Cheers
    Chimo

You can buy jockey wheels with a lever/ratchet attachment to move the trailer. http://www.biasboating.com.au/c-449-...ey-wheels.aspx

Luc

what size is the boat? at a point you just wont move them on a jockey wheel.
    I have found that the pump up one can clog up on grass and are hard to use on a hard area.

Sporty,

Not cheap but hve a look at this.

http://www.bringaboatalong.com.au/

there have been numerous threads about it over the years, do a search here also.

fez

Gday, I have one of those jockey wheels with a ratchet and lever and it works pretty good, I need to spin the boat around to park it in the garage and my driveway isn't flat but have no probs now I have one of these. The only thing that is an issue is it makes a little noise, not ideal at 4am when I'm hooking up the boat to go fishing.
    Cheers

Maybe a cheap busted ass ride on mower with a tow ball welded to it?

Steve