• YES

31 24.60%
  • NO

95 75.40%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

Re: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    I'm sure I read this on another thread......
    That's because it's relevant information in order to allow people to make an informed decision.

Regards Scotto

"subject to public benefit test findings."

Scotto, Perhaps you should learn to read.

Truly a wannabe politician, Stretch the truth, hide, obfiscate. No matter what "Line your own pockets" & press your own opinion even when proven wrong.

Regards
    Honda

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    "subject to public benefit test findings."

Scotto, Perhaps you should learn to read.

Truly a wannabe politician, Stretch the truth, hide, obfiscate. No matter what "Line your own pockets" & press your own opinion even when proven wrong.

Regards
    Honda
    Honda- You have no idea - I have NO desire to become involved in politics to earn an income

I am purely putting the information that I believe is worthy of review out there for all to read - why do you think this research has been funded ?

The writing is on the wall - I say take control & lead with authority - rather than sit back & lube up

Just my view - Scotto
    Last edited by Scott Mitchell; 30-11-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post
    Honda- You have no idea - I have NO desire to become involved in politics to earn an income

I am purely putting the information that I believe is worthy of review out there for all to read - why do you think this research has been funded ?

The writing is on the wall - I say take control & lead with authority - rather than sit back & lube up

Just my view - Scotto
    No offence scott but if you think this government or any government will allow any community group yours or any other be in charge of millions of dollars you really are mistaken. dont for any minute think they will just give you the keys to the car mate by the time sunfish or anyone else see any money it will be gone. and if you think they will take any notice of your suggestions well same as, they are only interested in thier own pockets so it helps them get reelected mate.
    you only got to look at this state and the trouble we are in now. money is all they think off and how to get there hands on it
    just look at the results of this simple poll mate not to many people want it so try and support the majority of the fishos and not the minority

thanks kel................

Quote Originally Posted by supa29 View Post

No offence scott but if you think this government or any government will allow any community group yours or any other be in charge of millions of dollars you really are mistaken. dont for any minute think they will just give you the keys to the car mate by the time sunfish or anyone else see any money it will be gone. and if you think they will take any notice of your suggestions well same as, they are only interested in thier own pockets so it helps them get reelected mate.

you only got to look at this state and the trouble we are in now. money is all they think off and how to get there hands on it just look at the results of this simple poll mate not to many people want it so try and support the majority of the fishos and not the minority

thanks kel................
    Kel - That is exactly why the rec angling community NEED To take control - And it can be done AND is working in OTHER states NOW

Regards Scotto

Scott

Even though there are quite a few anglers in QLD, we are still a minnow in the numbers needed to make the QLD Government make any changes in our favour...

The Government Can, Will and Will Always make decision that bias the majority of Revenue to themselves for the Political Coffers, thats what Government does!!!

Allowing the Government to introduce a Rec Fishing Licence would just let them move the goal posts in every facet of How we fish, Where we can Fish and When we can fish (even worse than we are now).

I for one, am totally against this form of legislate revenue.

Just look what they have done with the Boat Rego's, bugger all dollars being spent where it is really needed. It's all then good to make the SE look pretty and have all the good gear, while the rest of the states facilities are left to deteriorate and become unuseable and woefully inadequate for the number of anglers/boats.

I honestly don't care whether your motives are political, moralely based or whatever. The vote is in, the majority of respondents have said NO - Thats democracy!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

I know Fisheries are watching what is happening in WA to see what outcomes they achieve over the coming years as they think that model is a closer fit for QLD. The WA model is more likely what will happen IF ANYTHING whereby not only a license but also a species permit will be needed.

I don't see how an RFL helps manage environmental damage due to dredging, heavy metals, pollution, siltation etc. These are the main issues damaging the ecology of the fishery - no environment=no fish. These issues are outside of fisheries management and are a part of another department which funding from an RFL won't influence.

I understand the need to have a greater voice in managing the fishery and its environment, we are all on the same page wanting better quality and quantity in our fisheries around QLD and Australia and that is the passionate thing driving your posts Scott. The only difference is you see one way to achieve this from your experiences, others here see another way. Hopefully in the long run, no matter what way it is done, it is fair and achieves same outcome - environmentally, economically and socially.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by levinge View Post

The vote is in, the majority of respondents have said NO - Thats democracy!!!
    This vote has only begun

Regards Scotto

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post

I know Fisheries are watching what is happening in WA to see what outcomes they achieve over the coming years as they think that model is a closer fit for QLD. The WA model is more likely what will happen IF ANYTHING whereby not only a license but also a species permit will be needed.

I don't see how an RFL helps manage environmental damage due to dredging, heavy metals, pollution, siltation etc. These are the main issues damaging the ecology of the fishery - no environment=no fish. These issues are outside of fisheries management and are a part of another department which funding from an RFL won't influence.

I understand the need to have a greater voice in managing the fishery and its environment, we are all on the same page wanting better quality and quantity in our fisheries around QLD and Australia and that is the passionate thing driving your posts Scott. The only difference is you see one way to achieve this from your experiences, others here see another way. Hopefully in the long run, no matter what way it is done, it is fair and achieves same outcome - environmentally, economically and socially.
    I believe any one that is truly paying attention here can see that a Rec license of some form is headed our way - you have your head in the sand if you don't see it coming. The WA model is a DISSASTER as far as I'm concerned & we should not even entertain species specific permits !

I also agree that habitat degradation is a major issue with the future sustainability of our fisheries. This is why we need structure & committees in place with the time & resources to protect it on a state / national level.

None of this is going to happen for as long as the wider rec community remain divided & distracted on how best to achieve any of these goals.

Regards Scotto

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post
    I believe any one that is truly paying attention here can see that a Rec license of some form is headed our way - you have your head in the sand if you don't see it coming. The WA model is a DISSASTER as far as I'm concerned & we should not even entertain species specific permits !

I also agree that habitat degradation is a major issue with the future sustainability of our fisheries. This is why we need structure & committees in place with the time & resources to protect it on a state / national level.

None of this is going to happen for as long as the wider rec community remain divided & distracted on how best to achieve any of these goals.

Regards Scotto
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I am of the belief that this is exactly what Ecofishers is set up to do.......... Unlike some other organisations they are trusted and respected by the majority of Rec fishers.

Bill.

The wider community understands things need to happen and change is always there; that doesn't mean they are distracted from the issues or indeed divded, they are just not sure if their voices will be heard.

It is anyones job who desires to be seen as a representative of these people to make sure to listen carefully as the key voices are not always the loudest.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Simple answer is NO
    If you are paid by the government, then pretty much you will bend in any direction they desire. If you don't you loose ur funding. Quite simple, you don't offend who is feeding you.

A fishing license is a no no. Registration fees are higher in qld then any other state. What extra's do we get. NIl, Nothing. Nort.

Whats next. A fee for using the boat ramps? Maybe another fee to use boat ramp toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by Xahn1960 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I am of the belief that this is exactly what Ecofishers is set up to do.......... Unlike some other organisations they are trusted and respected by the majority of Rec fishers.

Bill.
    Bill - Eco fishers has a current membership of approx 1000 currently to my knowledge ? I would not say that this is representing the "majority" of the Qld angling community. Eco are playing an important role & appear to capturing the "grass root" angler voice - which is great.

The Qld angling community is pretty diverse & that is why I believe it is beneficial to have engagement with ALL the major angling/stakholder groups IE: Eco, ANSA, QGFA, QAFCA, Sunfish etc

I believe the key will be having ALL of these associations working together with fisheries to best obtain state based feedback & input on important issues affecting our fisheries. BUT you will still have the funding issues - no good knowing what has to be done - if you don;t have teh funds to do it ?

At-least we have the Ausfish community openly discussing these issues at present - but I feel we have a fair way to go.

Regards Scotto

Quote Originally Posted by levinge View Post
    Even though there are quite a few anglers in QLD, we are still a minnow in the numbers needed to make the QLD Government make any changes in our favour...
    Don't sell us short Levinge - we can influence the government come election time. Marginal seats may only need 1% or less of voters to swing. If us fishers can show that we are united and represent the small amount required to swing a seat or get someone into the senate we will be listened to. We just need to organise and mobilise ourselves.

Les

Yes - BUT it doesn't have to cost much or anything at all. Just make it impossible to fish without one (big fines etc) - then we can catch the bad guys who keep undersized fish etc and when they lose their licence they cant fish without expecting huge fines!

Look at the UK freshwater fishing licence. - It doesn't cost much but if you fish without one - you get a criminal record and a fine!!! Ignorance of the law is not a defence so prosecutions are made in reasonable numbers and publicised. - Name and Shame!

The issue here seems to be about cost rather than control, with the govt looking for an easy source of extra funds.
    Plato