• NO

95 75.40%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

Re: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

No ! Governments broke, sell off's ?!?!??!! Penny pinching ? Not for me

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Let's go the user pays system Bomber...we can have a license for people to fish just like in NSW..that is solved but that is for fresh and salt..and whether land based or in a boat..next step..user pays remember...a launching fee at all public ramps...and user pays again...parking meters to park your car and trailer...they do that in Vic. THEN...each month you get a portion of a bill to pay the wages of the fisheries officer...and the list can be endless..wouldn't it be better to try and put some pressure on the Govt to better use the funds we CURRENTLY pay ???
    Pinhead - so what's your answer to improved sustainability for our future fisheries - or are they fine the way they are ?

déjà vu- Scotto

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post
    Pinhead - so what's your answer to improved sustainability for our future fisheries - or are they fine the way they are ?

déjà vu- Scotto
    The answer to this question is in one of the four options presently being included by Fisheries in a Regulatory Impact Statement which will be released next year for public comment. Lets hope that the correct option gets the nod. A general fishing licence is not an option

Cheers
    Barry

fishing costs enough as it is with out paying for a stupid licence , so instead of trying to grub more bucks from the poor fisho how about grub the bucks from all them other mobs fishing the big bucks from us instead?

nooooooooooo

déjà vu- Scotto
    Scott..the answer is policing of current regulations..and bag and size limit controls...NOT paying people to sit on some board and reckon they represent all rec anglers. Round and round and round you go again....the reality is Scott..you pocketed money from being on the NSW board..I find that offensive and disgusting..and you reckon you represented rec anglers? By pocketing their money.

Let the dollars and your ego have a rest for a while.

ECOFishers QLD recently held there AGM & the response from members was a big NO !

Damo.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Scott..the answer is policing of current regulations..and bag and size limit controls...NOT paying people to sit on some board and reckon they represent all rec anglers. Round and round and round you go again....the reality is Scott..you pocketed money from being on the NSW board..I find that offensive and disgusting..and you reckon you represented rec anglers? By pocketing their money.

Let the dollars and your ego have a rest for a while.
    Ahh Pinhead - You can't see the logic in having committee members compensated for the dedication & time in representing their area's , which really comes at a marginal cost when you look at the total revenue potentially available. BUT you see more value in paying to be a members of "lobby" organization so they can be heard independently

It has been a long 3 months since I raised this topic & I appreciate the comment & time from all who responded.This is not a conclusive discussion by any means - rather a way of getting the angling community to discuss their options.

I believe the next 12 months will be an important period for the rec angling community in Qld & I hope to see as much participation when it counts.

Regards Scotto
    Last edited by Scott Mitchell; 29-11-2009 at 09:13 AM.

So we sould throw money at a dictatership that is broke !!!! (Bligh ?)

History says we are about to get shafted once again (Snapper ?!)

Get ready for a pineapple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damo

Might as well bring out an exam for it and charge you for that as well
    You can study up on your fishing rules fish identification green zones and so on .
    $30 here another $30 there. if you pass or not.

That will fix up a few recreational fishing people when they can't pass the test
    then they can fine you another $30 for not having a fishing license

WTG.

[quote=Scott Mitchell;1102673]Ahh Pinhead - You can't see the logic in having committee members compensated for the dedication & time in representing their area's , which really comes at a marginal cost when you look at the total revenue potentially available. BUT you see more value in paying to be a members of "lobby" organization so they can be heard independently

Once again I deleted what I typed..no more comment on an rfl for Qld from me...I am strictly against it and will fight it anyway I can if one is proposed.

Thumbs down Re: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

No!!
    No!!
    No!!
    No!!
    No!!
    No!!
    No!!

Some good reading on Alternative funding solutions can be found @ http://www.recfish.com.au/old%20site...Associates.pdf

Quote:

"Recommendation 1: Roll out of licences at State/Territory level subject to public benefit test findings.

State/Territory Governments should roll out recreational fishing licences (RFLs) where they are deemed to pass a public benefit test – potential benefits include: (i) enhanced ‘beneficiary pays’/equity; (ii) greater management control; and (iii) greater transparency in funding decisions. This will be offset by implementation and annual administration/compliance costs. A licence – quite apart from raising revenue – is considered an important first step in being able to understand the potential impact of these fishers.

As an example, there are up to 750,000 recreational fishers in Queensland, and establishing a firm database of all fishers greatly facilitates surveys which, in turn, support improved understanding of the social and economic value of the sector as well as impacts on fish resources."

It's all about "options"

Regards Scotto

I'm sure I read this on another thread......
    Cheers,
    Chris

It's all about "options"

Regards Scotto
    I've got an option for you Scott.

Actually a couple, but my Father always told me that if I have nothing nice to say, I should say nothing.

Please don't wink at me. It's not funny. Rather it is sly and cunning. Perhaps it suits.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post

Please don't wink at me. It's not funny. Rather it is sly and cunning. Perhaps it suits.

Tim
    I wasn't winking at "you" specifically Tim

If you stick to the facts - you have less to remember - Scotto