Honda

Re: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

sorry graeme..more holes in your post than in Timiboy's undies./

NO, NO AND NO.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    sorry graeme..more holes in your post than in Timiboy's undies./

NO, NO AND NO.
    Awwww Gweggy Weggy. You pwomised my fishnet undies were our wittle secwet!

Timsy
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

10 words Timi
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Quote Originally Posted by STUIE63 View Post
    10 words Timi
    2 words Stuie!

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

LMAO Timi
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

it's just another tax, that fisho's will see little to no return for the licence fee....

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Creed View Post
    Buying a licence provides the govt with numbers. Politics is a numbers game.
    How many recreational fishers are there in Qld ? Do you know ? Does the Govt know? No one knows bec there is no way other than a licence structure that will provide those answers.

There is another way and that is for fishers to join recognised associations.

If you pay for a licence, then the govt has to provide some kind of service for charging for that licence. Do they ? Just like the money that supposedly goes into road safety from infringement fines ??? Increased enforcement of regulations which are there to ensure fish stocks are maintained. It gives you, the rec fisher, power to demand action. At the moment you have no power, no rights.

Financing Sunfish which was set up to represent the interests of all anglers would be a benefit to all. If Sunfish is government financed it is no longer independant.

If all anglers worked together for a better deal, then you would all be better off. Only by having a licence scheme that provided numbers can that be achieved.

Fish don't recognise state boundaries, therefore we need a peak body in all states and a national body such as Recfish Australia.

How much tax do you pay on your fishing tackle ? What do you get back from the feds for that ? I'll answer that for you - nothing, zilch, nil etc. Do you think we can change that ? Tax such as GST will NEVER be directed in any direction apart from consolidated revenue.

My personal view is that there should be a NATIONAL RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENCE system.

Eg. If each recreational fisher paid just $20 per year, there would be a fund of over $20 million annually available for improving recreational fishing for the likes of you and I.

A fund ? Who do you propose will manage this fund ? How much do you think will be left after all the bureaurcrats have had their chop ?
    Unfortunately I think your submission is well intentioned but naive.

Les

Why not just lock the thread now. The result was always going to be in favour of no licence. No point in imposing restrictions on how many words in each post...because people will just treat that like do every other law in this state...with contempt. It is just the same as If I put up a poll asking "do you think fisheries is managed competently in Qld?"...we all know what the answer would be...but its not going to solve anything.

Greg

At least this poll wasn't stacked so the poll starter got the results he wanted......well more so than it would have been. Over 80% is a much more accurate indication of what Rec Anglers want...... Not that Sunfish actually care what the masses want anyway.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Another thing to remember
    Another trip to a goverment department
    Another reason they can spoil your day with a fine
    Another card to carry
    Another damm piece of legislation that achieves nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    At least this poll wasn't stacked so the poll starter got the results he wanted......well more so than it would have been. Over 80% is a much more accurate indication of what Rec Anglers want...... Not that Sunfish actually care what the masses want anyway.

Cheers

Chris
    thanks guys{ most guys } for your vote in ten words or less, i was expecting a bit higher yes vote but am pleased with the no percentage, i think it does show the outrage in the fishos out there,
    we had a couple of yes votes from south of the border good on them but our problem, they already spend money for nothing.
    we have over 80 % against the idea.
    But the most puzzling thing is that we are still being told what is good for us by certain people instead of listening to what we want and what we have shown on this thread. this reeks of government and thats is why we are in this mess today, scott stop throughin out the pros and cons and listen to rec fishos and then go and stand up for the industry instead of thinking that your group know what is best for queensland fishing industry because it is rec fishing sector that pumps millions of dollars into queensland bussiness, well you know where i am going.

thanks to all that voted but keep up the fight we must not let them win this one

kel.......

Quote Originally Posted by supa29 View Post
    thanks guys{ most guys } for your vote in ten words or less, i was expecting a bit higher yes vote but am pleased with the no percentage, i think it does show the outrage in the fishos out there,
    we had a couple of yes votes from south of the border good on them but our problem, they already spend money for nothing.
    we have over 80 % against the idea.
    But the most puzzling thing is that we are still being told what is good for us by certain people instead of listening to what we want and what we have shown on this thread. this reeks of government and thats is why we are in this mess today, scott stop throughin out the pros and cons and listen to rec fishos and then go and stand up for the industry instead of thinking that your group know what is best for queensland fishing industry because it is rec fishing sector that pumps millions of dollars into queensland bussiness, well you know where i am going.

thanks to all that voted but keep up the fight we must not let them win this one

kel.......
    Kel - Your right , there's nothing wrong with the current system , It's all good

I'll revisit our situation in 12 months - Scotto

Have no probs with a fishing licence for Qld provided that the monies are put to good use such as better launching facilities more policing of the waterways etc we already have a freshwater licence this seems to work quite well maybe one licence to encompass both fresh and saltwater pursuits.

The Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by BOMBER View Post
    Have no probs with a fishing licence for Qld provided that the monies are put to good use such as better launching facilities more policing of the waterways etc we already have a freshwater licence this seems to work quite well maybe one licence to encompass both fresh and saltwater pursuits.

The Bomber
    Let's go the user pays system Bomber...we can have a license for people to fish just like in NSW..that is solved but that is for fresh and salt..and whether land based or in a boat..next step..user pays remember...a launching fee at all public ramps...and user pays again...parking meters to park your car and trailer...they do that in Vic. THEN...each month you get a portion of a bill to pay the wages of the fisheries officer...and the list can be endless..wouldn't it be better to try and put some pressure on the Govt to better use the funds we CURRENTLY pay ???