• YES

31 24.60%
  • NO

95 75.40%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

Re: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    Want me to moderate those posts more than ten words.
    Good call i had 11 had to edit.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

NO WAY IN HELL

DAVE
    I am not an Angler I am an Athlete of the sea.............<><

No.

Regards
    Honda

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    Want me to moderate those posts more than ten words.

Your a bad man...a verrry verry bad man!

Oh yeah...NO!

cheers fnq

Something different

NO!!!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

Better Cleaning facilities, boat ramps (5)

All in Gods Country (9)

Yes (10)

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    Better Cleaning facilities, boat ramps (5)

All in Gods Country (9)

Yes (10)
    When you move up here you can vote you bastard.

(I would have said ugly bastard, but that took me over 10 words.)

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

NO WAY!!!!!!! :angry:

Definatly NO
    Crabbie

I voted no.

Thanks Tom

yes if the money goes to the fishery not consolidated revenue

Quote Originally Posted by kingie View Post
    yes if the money goes to the fishery not consolidated revenue
    UH OH did you already vote? Are you from QLD? here is a short and incomplete synopsis of the trough they WILL feed from.

Only in a roundabout way will a huge proprtion of the funding not end up consolidated revenue in apolitcal reality, fishery's will displace all of it's recreational core funding which surprise surprise would have come from treasury, they will also create extra positions and ghost hours toward already indentured colleagues (jobs for the boys). The fishing licence will also displace research funding that would have been paid for anyway. They may also even use it to buy stuff like hatchery's with no angler ownership or god forbid extra inspectors again displacing core treasury funds.

There is quite simply nothing that cannot be justified as judged by the NSW model because the moment a licence is forced, the majority of Anglers loose any voice they would/could have had to only those who consider themselves or practice what they consider as the more elitist forms of Angling.

cheers fnq

Firstly, I do not live in Qld, but do visit annually & I also fish whilst I am there.

I live in Vic (one reason why I think Qld is so great) where we have been fighting to get an all waters recreational fishing licence since the mid-eighties. We finally got one in 1995. I believe fishing in Vic has improved since we got the licence - more stocking in inland waters, lakes, dams and more enforcement to eradicate the poachers. especially in salt water.

I believe the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

Benefits are :

Buying a licence provides the govt with numbers. Politics is a numbers game.
    How many recreational fishers are there in Qld ? Do you know ? Does the Govt know? No one knows bec there is no way other than a licence structure that will provide those answers.

If you pay for a licence, then the govt has to provide some kind of service for charging for that licence. Increased enforcement of regulations which are there to ensure fish stocks are maintained. It gives you, the rec fisher, power to demand action. At the moment you have no power, no rights.

Financing Sunfish which was set up to represent the interests of all anglers would be a benefit to all.

If all anglers worked together for a better deal, then you would all be better off. Only by having a licence scheme that provided numbers can that be achieved.

Fish don't recognise state boundaries, therefore we need a peak body in all states and a national body such as Recfish Australia.

How much tax do you pay on your fishing tackle ? What do you get back from the feds for that ? I'll answer that for you - nothing, zilch, nil etc.

My personal view is that there should be a NATIONAL RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENCE system.

Eg. If each recreational fisher paid just $20 per year, there would be a fund of over $20 million annually available for improving recreational fishing for the likes of you and I.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    UH OH did you already vote? Are you from QLD? here is a short and incomplete synopsis of the trough they WILL feed from.

Only in a roundabout way will a huge proprtion of the funding not end up consolidated revenue in apolitcal reality, fishery's will displace all of it's recreational core funding which surprise surprise would have come from treasury, they will also create extra positions and ghost hours toward already indentured colleagues (jobs for the boys). The fishing licence will also displace research funding that would have been paid for anyway. They may also even use it to buy stuff like hatchery's with no angler ownership or god forbid extra inspectors again displacing core treasury funds.

There is quite simply nothing that cannot be justified as judged by the NSW model because the moment a licence is forced, the majority of Anglers loose any voice they would/could have had to only those who consider themselves or practice what they consider as the more elitist forms of Angling.

cheers fnq
    I believe that is more than 10 words

And I believe this has all been covered elsewhere

Regards Scotto

What a first up post Graeme. > than 10 words though.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Creed View Post
    Firstly, I do not live in Qld, but do visit annually & I also fish whilst I am there.

I live in Vic (one reason why I think Qld is so great) where we have been fighting to get an all waters recreational fishing licence since the mid-eighties. We finally got one in 1995. I believe fishing in Vic has improved since we got the licence - more stocking in inland waters, lakes, dams and more enforcement to eradicate the poachers. especially in salt water.

I believe the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

Benefits are :

Buying a licence provides the govt with numbers. Politics is a numbers game.
    How many recreational fishers are there in Qld ? Do you know ? Does the Govt know? No one knows bec there is no way other than a licence structure that will provide those answers.

If you pay for a licence, then the govt has to provide some kind of service for charging for that licence. Increased enforcement of regulations which are there to ensure fish stocks are maintained. It gives you, the rec fisher, power to demand action. At the moment you have no power, no rights.

Financing Sunfish which was set up to represent the interests of all anglers would be a benefit to all.

If all anglers worked together for a better deal, then you would all be better off. Only by having a licence scheme that provided numbers can that be achieved.

Fish don't recognise state boundaries, therefore we need a peak body in all states and a national body such as Recfish Australia.

How much tax do you pay on your fishing tackle ? What do you get back from the feds for that ? I'll answer that for you - nothing, zilch, nil etc.

My personal view is that there should be a NATIONAL RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENCE system.

Eg. If each recreational fisher paid just $20 per year, there would be a fund of over $20 million annually available for improving recreational fishing for the likes of you and I.
    Cheers,
    Chris