• YES

31 24.60%
  • NO

95 75.40%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

Re: Fishing Licence Yes Or No

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I wonder if your true aim is supporting/backing what the majority of Rec fisho want, as your name seems to be popping up everywhere.
    Or are you running a program ?? to have your name highlighted across a number of wannabe proposals, so people will start thinking he no's what he talking about or are you aiming for something higher up the food chain and using the recreational anglers as fodder to gain this movement.
    regards
    You have gotta be kidding me

Merry Christmas to all - Scotto

I doubt he is kidding..you seem to have taken a high profile..pushing for rfl..an expert on dams, run off and farming and an ego the size of Ayres Rock..and all rolled into that profession that is the most distrusted of all..a wonderful mix Scott.

You must be treading on some toes Scotto. As long as the current and future fees they pay arent called a RL and the dam was rejected in their minds for reasons other than you stated alls good in their world. Ego comments ? freudian slip maybe.

This is just a fishing forum isnt it, not life and death stuff or the battle for the boards ?

So what is ecofishers and sunfish doing about PEW. Last i saw it was the WWF that was helping fishos the most. Thats a more serious topic.

I'd have voted no but the poll is closed.

Anyways I have all this figured out.
    Scotto is pushing for a recreational fishing license in QLD BASED on the NSW model right??
    Scotto is from NSW right??
    Scotto sat on the NSW board to say where money from their license went right??
    Scotto is now in QLD right??
    Scotto sells real estate right??
    Real estate industry is not so flash now right??
    Scotto has been trying to get his name known everywhere possible in the last 6 months right??
    Scotto has not been listening to what people have voted right??
    Scotto has not disclosed just how much money he got from each meeting he went to in NSW right?? (Even though Pinhead has asked upteen million times)

Now I know why he wants a license based on the NSW model and no body elses.
    He's been doing his ground work (as any good business person should do) and wants to be first in line as a paid consultant in the license introduction process seeing he has first hand knowledge from NSW and seems to know everyone in QLD.
    He just wants to make a motza out of it.

See simple

That might seem a bit harsh but people must be thinking what is the agenda behind the passion.
    Maybe Scotto has not been in the state long enough to be kicked in the teeth a few thousand times by the state governments since Joh was the boss.
    The facts are this government can not be trusted with anything to do with money.
    They will use the collected monies for other cash strapped purposes. They will cover it up.

The NSW model for the license is not good in my books.
    The accounts are not transparent. The money from licenses goes towards projects that should be funded by other levels governments or their departments ie walking tracks at Evans Head should have been funded by the local council as the tracks are used by tourists only. Very few fisher persons use them.
    The transparent account are far from transparent.
    And more importantly my fishing in Northern NSW has not improved over the years the license has been in existence.

To trust the QLD state government with any funds is foolhardy IMO.
    Just look at all the other money they already take from us to fund specific user group projects. Pinhead and others have mentioned money from different schemes we already pay into to fund user specific projects.
    The projects are not realised and the money goes to general revenue. End of story.
    Scotto might be a good bloke and have the best intentions but when you've been in QLD for as long as others you'll realise (after taking a shafting in the clacker a few thousand times) that this Government cannot be trusted. I am sick and tired of been told...bend over sonny..this is gunna hurt.

I am personally in favour of paying a fee to fund projects but it is just the nitty gritty of the process and administration that turns me right off it.
    I could not care if the license cost me $100 per annum. All I would want is to see is the money spent right, see value in my money, and most importantly, see my fishing improve. Is this possible with the politicians we have??
    Personally I reckon we would be better to just send the license fee to 'The Old Legend' and let him dispense it as he sees fit. At least he might only waste a little bit of it on a pack of smokes and a box of headache...I mean wine.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

no!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotto is pushing for a recreational fishing license in QLD BASED on the NSW model right??
    * The Poll Questions WAS - What are YOUR THOUGHTS on a general rec license - based along the lines of the current NSW model

*YEP - You onto me

*Yep - I declared this early on

* Yep - Hervey Bay

*Yep - Just as I have stated

* You have no idea - the real estate game in Hervey Bay ( And I believe the major capitals ) is actually really strong - Sold two properties this week.

Scotto has been trying to get his name known everywhere possible in the last 6 months right??
    * I am passionate about protecting my right to fish & believe we have some significant hurdles ahead - funding being a BIG ONE. If you recon the government is just going to increase no-strings-attached funding to DPI&F to improve rec angling - "I" believe "Your dreaming"

*Yes I have - And I have gone back to fishing again

Scotto has not disclosed just how much money he got from each meeting he went to in NSW right?? (Even though Pinhead has asked upteen million times)
    * I have posted this figure in the original Poll - Go back through & have a read

Now I know why he wants a license based on the NSW model and no body elses.He's been doing his ground work (as any good business person should do) and wants to be first in line as a paid consultant in the license introduction process seeing he has first hand knowledge from NSW and seems to know everyone in QLD.He just wants to make a motza out of it.

See simple

*"Simple" Is a great term

Back to my fishing - Scotto
    Last edited by Scott Mitchell; 30-12-2009 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post

* The Poll Questions WAS - What are YOUR THOUGHTS on a general rec license - based along the lines of the current NSW model

*YEP - You onto me

*Yep - I declared this early on

* Yep - Hervey Bay

*Yep - Just as I have stated

* You have no idea - the real estate game in Hervey Bay ( And I believe the major capitals ) is actually really strong - Sold two properties this week.

* I am passionate about protecting my right to fish & believe we have some significant hurdles ahead - funding being a BIG ONE. If you recon the government is just going to increase no-strings-attached funding to DPI&F to improve rec angling - "I" believe "Your dreaming"

*Yes I have - And I have gone back to fishing again

* I have posted this figure in the original Poll - Go back through & have a read

Now I know why he wants a license based on the NSW model and no body elses.He's been doing his ground work (as any good business person should do) and wants to be first in line as a paid consultant in the license introduction process seeing he has first hand knowledge from NSW and seems to know everyone in QLD.He just wants to make a motza out of it.

See simple

Scott..I asked for a total figure you received..all you said unless I missed it was $150 per day plus travel and accomodation..my question was always how much in total...not a basic figure plus plus plus. How much per annum did you receive?
    I think it is very relevant to any discussion on any rfl as to how much is wasted on those that want to control the funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post

Mate, read what you have written.
    "If you reckon the government is just going to increase no-strings-attached funding to DPI&F to improve rec angling - "I" believe "Your dreaming"
    You have got that right.
    So if they cannot use the money they collect now correctly why/how would they use any further monies collected correctly for the intended purpose?
    It's like giving a teenager going to schoolies $50 and tell them to spend it on clean underpants. No way in hell it's going to be spent on clean undies.

Just call that teenager the QLD government.
    Realists know that.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Scott..I asked for a total figure you received..all you said unless I missed it was $150 per day plus travel and accomodation..my question was always how much in total...not a basic figure plus plus plus. How much per annum did you receive?
    I think it is very relevant to any discussion on any rfl as to how much is wasted on those that want to control the funds.
    Pinhead - The advisory committees' met - 2-4 times a year - you do the sums

Nobody ever applied to be on an advisory committee to make money in my term - that was 12 years. Those who I sat beside were passionate rec anglers with an interest to see our fisheries sustainably managed for the future.

Sadly I don't see this happening in Qld in the near future - so I will continue to enjoy my fishing while it lasts.

This is my last reply on this Poll.

Thanks Scotto

NO Way !!!
    They ( The Govenemt ) will use this 100% against you in the Future. By Increasing the regulations as they already have and have done in the comercial industry. We have already been subjected to a New Bag Limit, So with Permits come Rules, Next it will be a Quota system and unnessary paper work Where What and How on our catch. Then they will implement a new Zoning area which you will have No Say about.

No, just another tax.