Thread: smoke and pickle mix

smoke and pickle mix

can anyone tell me where i can get smoke and pickle mix close to bribie, have been chasing for a while.thankyou.......bob

Re: smoke and pickle mix

Are you after a propper butchers one to smoke something ? if so i can get it for you as I'm a butcher on bribie
    Cheers tt

Vadals butcher supply's in Brisbane sell cures to the public.
    Be careful, Nitrite can be bad juju.
    Better off making a brine of 1 Tbs salt per litre of water with 1 Tbs brown sugar per litre. Osmosis will pickle it then smoke it.

there is a commercial grade smoke mix available down in Nowra in NSW, they will post a box up to you no worries, the name is Wharingah foods, or close to that, I can get the proper address and name for you tomorrow, it works really well, but do not spill any of it on your clothes or the Kitchen bench!

here you go, Warringah Foods, 3 Geary Place North Nowra. Ph 0244233322, it is called Pickle and Smoke mix.

Why would you go to south bris or buy it from NSW when he could get it 2min drive from his home ???

Hey TT, dont suppose you can get Goose Fat? My local butcher has duck fat, but i really want to try goose fat for my baked spuds. I am at scarbie and would rather drive to bribie to get it than drive to south brissy (the only other place that seems to have it up here).

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Tailortaker View Post
    Why would you go to south bris or buy it from NSW when he could get it 2min drive from his home ???
    seems quite simple really he ASKED where to get pickle and SMOKE mix, the place I mentioned will post any amount to almost anywhere in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailortaker View Post
    Thats a fair enough statement, He should go to you.
    however others reading might be interested in faux smoking and where to get it.
    Nothing like faux smoked fish in glue

Quote Originally Posted by flybloke View Post
    Thats a fair enough statement, He should go to you.
    however others reading might be interested in faux smoking and where to get it.
    Nothing like faux smoked fish in glue
    Yer true, sorry guys probably shouldnt have made that statement

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    Hey TT, dont suppose you can get Goose Fat? My local butcher has duck fat, but i really want to try goose fat for my baked spuds. I am at scarbie and would rather drive to bribie to get it than drive to south brissy (the only other place that seems to have it up here).

Greg
    I will make a few phone calls on monday greg.