Thread: Looking to buy a box trailer

Looking to buy a box trailer

Hi Guys,

I know this isn't 4x4, but didn't know where else to ask. There seem to a lot of knowledgeable people here so thought it might be worth a shot.

I'm looking for a box trailer for general duties around house, preferably a dual axle with cage, something around the 8x5 size, like http://www.aspinalltrailers.com/trai...e-cage-trailer

I've never owned one before so I'm not sure what to look for. Can anyone give me some hints or recommend a make/model? Cheers.

Forgot to mention I'm in Gladstone so a local supplier will be good, but I will drive to Sunshine coast or Brissy if needed.

Re: Looking to buy a box trailer

Hi,

Sunshine coast trailers do a good job on there products. If you can, get the most common sized tire avaliable. Nothing worse then getting to the tire shop and being told that the size tire you have is going to cost you twice as much as this one that is nearly the same but just different enough that it wont work with the ones on there.

Also, do a bit of research into the brake system you want on there. I don't know much about the differences and can't recommend one over the others but some on here may be able to.

Phill.
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

Thanks, will check out the Sunshine coast trailers. Good idea about the tyre size - also makes it easier to use one from a car in a pinch.

I've had two trailers custom built by aspinalls - you will buy one with confidence that they are fit for purpose.
    Not the cheapest trailers around, but there's a reason for that.....

Will give them a call as well to get some pricing/options. Cheers