Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Sunfish to push for rec licence ?

Re: Sunfish to push for rec licence ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Some of those "Extreem Green Groups" may find it a little harder after a court decision handed down today. The Fed Gov ran a case against the tax exempt status of some charities. It's been ruled they can't claim to be a tax deductable charity and operate tax free themselves if their main role is to influence Gov or bussiness agenda or policy. That means things like the RSPCA are ok as they're caring for animals (but they'll need to pull back in some areas) but PETA and other conservation groups who just protest and loby without getting in the mud and picking up the rubish so to speak, will lose their tax free status.
    Cheers

I supose they will all start calling themselves research groups and apply for that funding.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

So what is the weighting on the WWF?? or AIMS or the conservation council the list is so long! So many zealot groups tax free while doing us all over.

Now's the time for us fisho's to have some funding/work spare...just watch how fast personalities jump ship...it never was about much more than money.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Scott,

You have lied to me directly when I directly mention you were a "political wannabe" in your other thread you denied all knowledge of it.

You will be making money from this decision as a direct result and selling the rec fishos down the road for your own personal gain.

Did you bother to read the last line?
    No is No in any language, you just need to listen.

You do not represent me or my interests along with others on this site.

Regards
    HOnda.
    Honda- I have NOT lied to you & I am not in any way driven by a political agenda - money making or otherwise

Believe what you want - Scotto

This is getting interesting, but cut through all the s..t, can sunfish or eco fishers explain how on earth money{ which seems the golden egg here} is going to fix the fishing problem.
    money is not going to improve the snapper catches.
    money will not help in the taking of undersize fish.
    money will not stop the asian family down at the jetty taking everything they catch.
    money wont be spent were it is needed because of single interest groups want there back yard looking good.
    money collected by licence will be then divided by the government to areas that suit their political benifit.
    money wont help fuel costs.
    money wont help the sewerage thats spues into maroochydore river every time it floods killing fish and crabs.
    money not going to help to get those f..king containers off the sea bed that are polluting the reefs.
    just a few things that come to mind anyway,
    money doesnt help fish stocks all money money will do is corrupt the hand that accepts it. if you dont believe me look at any organisation that recieves "FREE" government money. Scott no offence but you really got to be one eyed if you cant see this will not help fish or fishermen, its just about one thing "coin". as soon as the licence is brought in there will be a multi million dollar study done to find out how the best way to spend the money and POOF half of it is gone to some group. then the government will appoint someone to oversee the distrubution of the funds and he will be paid s..t loads and by the time sunfish or eco see anything it will be bugger all. then the groups will try and justify why their back yard should be funded and by the time t comes to us little fishos we wont see a cent of this licence money spent.
    If sunfish o eco were interested in helping the fishermen and the industry a licence is not the answer it about making the government accountable for what they spend now. scoot ask sunfish to request a balance sheet of moneies spent, in what areas and one what projects it might give you a surprise in how little gets to grass roots fisheries and fisherman.

kel.................

Hi Kel,

Just to let you know we are self funded association using our misely $10 membership fees, a few kind donations but mainly by the hand in the pocket of the committee members. Nobody does or will get paid for being part of the committee.

Increased money does do a few things in my opinion:-

Research into actual data of fish not just computer modelling guesstimates
    Research into water quality and listing exactly what is in our waterways and where and what effect that has
    Research into stocking programs of salt water species. It is reported that some species do take to this well but the programs are not in place.
    Monitoring programs via tagging, underwater camera's and diving to record actual numbers/species of fish in each area (gree/yellow/pink etc) and then measure that over time.
    Enforcement officers, their boats and fuels on the water
    Enforcement officers on land with bikes/quads etc and their fuel
    ..and more.

This should and can be funded by removing layers of the Government onion and structuring the system better to accomodate delivery mechanisms. Not just for fishing either, but for healthcare, education, transport etc. There are many layers of services which double up, many layers of administration which triple up and layers of middle and upper managers across the lot.

So I agree, any monies raised that get wasted in red tape, bureaucratic bungling and "snouts in the trough" is a dollar removed from actual science and actual work on the front line to support what truly is needed to fix a fishery.....knowledge BEFORE action.

Likewise spending the money on cleaning tables or other infrastructure which are local council and/or state government responsibilities are a waste using the "user pays, twice" system.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Supa29,

Let's be clear here that ECO and any of the committee members if ECO have at no stage stated that they are for a RFL or that they want the funds from a RFL.

It was me who wanted ECO to get the funds IF a RFL was introduced for many reasons but the main one was because they are an NGO and are unpaid volunteers (less layers of onion to be peeled). There is a much better chance that all Rec Anglers will see benefit from a RFL if abreast of gov't and aren't dipping into the funds themselves.

Cheers

Chris

unless a system like this was put in place I would be 100% against a RFL as it would just help the more eletist organisations that already have money and the rest gets wasted by the committees and special interest projects.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    Hi Kel,

Just to let you know we are self funded association using our misely $10 membership fees, a few kind donations but mainly by the hand in the pocket of the committee members. Nobody does or will get paid for being part of the committee.

Increased money does do a few things in my opinion:-

Research into actual data of fish not just computer modelling guesstimates
    Research into water quality and listing exactly what is in our waterways and where and what effect that has
    Research into stocking programs of salt water species. It is reported that some species do take to this well but the programs are not in place.
    Monitoring programs via tagging, underwater camera's and diving to record actual numbers/species of fish in each area (gree/yellow/pink etc) and then measure that over time.
    Enforcement officers, their boats and fuels on the water
    Enforcement officers on land with bikes/quads etc and their fuel
    ..and more.

This should and can be funded by removing layers of the Government onion and structuring the system better to accomodate delivery mechanisms. Not just for fishing either, but for healthcare, education, transport etc. There are many layers of services which double up, many layers of administration which triple up and layers of middle and upper managers across the lot.

So I agree, any monies raised that get wasted in red tape, bureaucratic bungling and "snouts in the trough" is a dollar removed from actual science and actual work on the front line to support what truly is needed to fix a fishery.....knowledge BEFORE action.

Likewise spending the money on cleaning tables or other infrastructure which are local council and/or state government responsibilities are a waste using the "user pays, twice" system.
    Chris, no offence intended, just making my point, eco has my vote for a membership but still you are talking research and investigations, this was my point it will not be of any use unless you have the scientist that represents the government because they will not take any notice of your results. Money spent in this way ends up being wasted, you could find all the data to support your argument and it wouldnt make a lick of difference.
    If a licence is brought in and eco fish get 1 million dollars to spend you are saying you will give it back to the government agencies to provide more officers and inspectors, WHAT THE no wonder the government like the idea, get money in, give it out and then get it back again, mate thats not good,Capt Bligh will be rubbing her hands together. All these ideas you have are there now and arent changing a thing. You wont be allowed to hire your own or employ anyone to represent the fisheries, it will be sunfish or eco trying to lobby for more man power or reasearch but its not working now they just wont listen.
    what you should be doing is lobbying the LNP's members to try and get a idea where they stand.
    I have fished on the sunny coast for 20 yrs and i have found everything turns in cycles, but i will admit it is very hard at the moment to catch fish, in my opinion the only way to protect the fisheries is to have closures for a period of time say month. if we are serious we must take the fight up to them but money will not solve the problem only divide the effort,
    if it come to it you will have my supprot within eco but its no use rolling over like some and just trying to scavenge the crumb from the pollies table.

kel..........

Quote Originally Posted by supa29 View Post
    Chris, no offence intended, just making my point, eco has my vote for a membership but still you are talking research and investigations, this was my point it will not be of any use unless you have the scientist that represents the government because they will not take any notice of your results. Money spent in this way ends up being wasted, you could find all the data to support your argument and it wouldnt make a lick of difference.
    If a licence is brought in and eco fish get 1 million dollars to spend you are saying you will give it back to the government agencies to provide more officers and inspectors, WHAT THE no wonder the government like the idea, get money in, give it out and then get it back again, mate thats not good,Capt Bligh will be rubbing her hands together. All these ideas you have are there now and arent changing a thing. You wont be allowed to hire your own or employ anyone to represent the fisheries, it will be sunfish or eco trying to lobby for more man power or reasearch but its not working now they just wont listen.
    what you should be doing is lobbying the LNP's members to try and get a idea where they stand.
    I have fished on the sunny coast for 20 yrs and i have found everything turns in cycles, but i will admit it is very hard at the moment to catch fish, in my opinion the only way to protect the fisheries is to have closures for a period of time say month. if we are serious we must take the fight up to them but money will not solve the problem only divide the effort,
    if it come to it you will have my supprot within eco but its no use rolling over like some and just trying to scavenge the crumb from the pollies table.

kel..........
    Hi again Kel.

No offence taken mate.

With the research and scientific studies; we are already in discussions with non government scientists and research bodies to obtain independent opinions; we will do that even without any RFL in place as we believe many opportunities exist by doing this. I have found during discussions with Fisheries Queensland they are open to research done outside their doors because they dont have all the answers.

There is money there already, it is just not funnelled into the right areas and until a reform is done, I as would anyone, be loathed to hand money back to the red tape experts for zero return. I know in NSW the RFL funded compliance officers but before former the former minister was removed he has already reduced the enforcement officers back.

Politically we do speak with politicians but prefer to not to promote or align with any particular party however we do seek out their policies and programs to understand where each is headed for rec fishing.

Before I sign off, thank you for your support and your comments Kel. We welcome feedback all the time so kepe it coming in.
    Cheers,
    Chris