Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sunfish to push for rec licence ?

Re: Sunfish to push for rec licence ?

Scott,
    'Arrogance diminishes wisdom"

Sunfish where catering to a professional group - the catering was fantastic & Sunfish should be congratulated for the initiative -
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post
    I suggest you start attending meetings with policy decision makers or join a group or association & lobby for what ever it is you believe in

Regards Scotto

I repeat what I said in the other thread.

This question is another reason why Sunfish are on the nose.

They dont want to know about you unless you are a member of a fishing club or assoc.

And mate, I can drink all the beer and talk all the crap I want without having to pay to be a club member. And go fishing when I feel like it.

Rod
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    I repeat what I said in the other thread.

This question is another reason why Sunfish are on the nose.

They dont want to know about you unless you are a member of a fishing club or assoc.

And mate, I can drink all the beer and talk all the crap I want without having to pay to be a club member. And go fishing when I feel like it.

Rod
    With no disrespect Rod - how are the policy makers going to hear what you want to say ?

Regards Scotto

No, but I did notice that everytime funding was mentioned your ears pricked up. You are sunfish now, and sunfish is a driving force, as are some of sunfishes affiliated groups. Should I say which affilliates???
    * Because I am a "realist" Andy - I may be wrong

Ahh, hang on a sec. PPV. I ALREADY PAY!!! Like I said at the conference. I could have hired the whole of VMR Brisbane for 130$ I would not have had to paid $50 and there would have been no need to take money from PPV. The outcomes would have been no different. As you said, the food was worth the $50 I spent, but was that neccessary to acheive anything?? I think not. So I paid for that in 2 ways, my PPV and $50 cash... Sure, it may not have been a lot of cash from the PPV, but I still pay for it. I would rather the cash have gone to something usefull, such as catch cards for snapper...

* I "suggest" the PPV levy is inefficient & should be abolished. Just about every policy influence group was there - Sunfish where catering to a professional group - the catering was fantastic & Sunfish should be congratulated for the initiative - have a look at who attended

You dont give a shit about the general rec angler. You even said so on the weekend. I can quote you word for word. Do yourself a favour scott and do as I said. Go for a walk along urangan pier and have a chat to the people fishing down there. Go chat to the people at your boat ramp.. Go talk to the poeple who are not sunfish and not part of the 'elite fishing fraternity'... You need a dose of reality...

* I strongly appose your sentiment & believe I have dedicated a lot of time & energy in what "I" & many others believe will ensure the future of recreational angling, not just in Qld - but nationally. I have been involved in recreational angling circles for over 30 years Andy - As I did state to you on the weekend - Ignorance is no excuse

Regards Scotto
    Like I said. Get out there and talk to the anglers that are not sunfish. You say ignorance is no excuse yet you dare call me a hypocrite...

In truth sunfish can only claim to represent fishing clubs........fishing club members would represent a very very small persentage of the fishing public.

Even if it represents the views of fishing clubs....and there isn't adoubling up of the membership count...sunfish can not claim to be representative of the fishing public.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

Uhmm,

maybe they should want to hear Scott, isnt that the point? with position come responsibility, shouldnt you as a rep be seeking views rather than querying someone as to how they can make themselves heard?

sounds like being on top of the silver mountain and all come to it..
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    Uhmm,

maybe they should want to hear Scott, isnt that the point? with position come responsibility, shouldnt you as a rep be seeking views rather than querying someone as to how they can make themselves heard?

sounds like being on top of the silver mountain and all come to it..
    This is a public Poll & forum

Regards Scotto

I got out of club fishing in 1975..not interested in going back there Scott.

So how does Sunfish think they represent me and many others like me ??

As you say..ignorance is no excuse yet Sunfish is obviously ignorant of what the majority of rec anglers want.

If Sunfish is so all high and mighty in the pecking order of fishing clubs etc why was there only about 50 people at the conference? 50?? from all over the State..there has been that many at an Ausfish M&G let alone a supposed state conference..kinda seems like their own members really don't give a rats either..only members because QAFCA is and their clubs are aligned with QAFCA..the rank and file club members probably don't care much for Sunfish either.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I got out of club fishing in 1975..not interested in going back there Scott.

So how does Sunfish think they represent me and many others like me ??

As you say..ignorance is no excuse yet Sunfish is obviously ignorant of what the majority of rec anglers want.
    Your right Pinhead & I don't really have the answer ? I discussed this with Andy & believe her may have an answer for representing the grass root anglers through Eco ?

Regards Scotto

Scott,

how about you spell it out, what do you guys (Sunfish) do for the average fisho?

ie what have you actually done? not policy, what have Sunfish done for the majority?

or is it about professional groups with great catering like the self pat on the back for the conference?

wondering how many winks or tongues you can manage in this reply?

smacks of fishing elitism
    Tangles KFC

I suggest you start attending meetings with policy decision makers or join a group or association & lobby for what ever it is you believe in

Regards Scotto
    Mate i dont doubt you think your heart is in the right place but a couple of thing just from your comment.
    1. why do i have to join a club just so my opinion can be heard, i thought you were for rec fishos not club members.
    2. why would i want to lobby anyone if i dont think there is a problem with the system now. you said and i will stand corrected but you said sunfish were discussing the idea of putting forward a licence proposal. why do we need one. how are they going to replenish the snapper stocks or the pearly stocks.may be education, cause there is no way of telling if your million fingerlings have survived.
    3. if i was to join a club and say we had the idea of no licence it would mean squat to sunfish because by the sound of it you have already made your mind up.
    4. Mate im not on here to get into a "who can pi.s the furtherest " comp but step back and look at the money you are talking about millions of dollars, and seriously do you think a government will allow anyone except themselves to have control of that sort of cash, you guys must realise its not like a freshwater dam this is a massive ecosystem that changes daily,
    5. Try walking down the river banks and ask how many people want this licence, i think you will find not many, but you are saying sunfish think it is a good idea and have support for it. mate you are dreaming
    6. Fisho spend fortunes now on every thing from bait to boats and keep a whole range of businesses going dont wreck the freedom of fishing mate it probably one of only a few things left that is free to take a family to do.because once you do it you will not undo it.

thanks

supa

Scott,

how about you spell it out, what do you guys (Sunfish) do for the average fisho?

ie what have you actually done? not policy, what have Sunfish done for the majority?

or is it about professional groups with great catering like the self pat on the back for the conference?

wondering how many winks or tongues you can manage in this reply?

smacks of fishing elitism
    I have been a member of Sunfish for a month - I believe you would be best asking your local representative or shoot an email off the main web site @ http://www.sunfishqld.com.au/

Regards Scotto

Scott,

you cant have it both ways, you have been pushing an agenda for while, i simply asked a question, your a holder of a position in an organisation seeking support for a proposition which your pushing hard, surely you know what Sunfish is about for reco fishos, if you dont, enough said.
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by supa29 View Post
    Mate i dont doubt you think your heart is in the right place but a couple of thing just from your comment.
    1. why do i have to join a club just so my opinion can be heard, i thought you were for rec fisho's not club members.* It is very hard to get an opinion from those who do not communicate with you - why is it Sunfish's - or for that matter any ones job to independently represent your or any other individual ? It is every ones right to voice their opinion however - & if you dont agree I suggest to engage in the discussions.
    2. why would i want to lobby anyone if i dont think there is a problem with the system now. you said and i will stand corrected but you said sunfish were discussing the idea of putting forward a licence proposal. why do we need one. how are they going to replenish the snapper stocks or the pearly stocks.may be education, cause there is no way of telling if your million fingerlings have survived.*If you don'lt believe there are any problems - please disregard my comments.* In the US - they completely closed the striper fisheries for 5 years I believe - now the fishery is thriving again. Maybe we need short term pain for a long term gain ?
    3. if i was to join a club and say we had the idea of no licence it would mean squat to sunfish because by the sound of it you have already made your mind up.* I do not believe this to be the case - please read the statement from Barry in the last Sunfish magazine.
    4. Mate im not on here to get into a "who can pi.s the furtherest " comp but step back and look at the money you are talking about millions of dollars, and seriously do you think a government will allow anyone except themselves to have control of that sort of cash, you guys must realise its not like a freshwater dam this is a massive ecosystem that changes daily,* I believe a similar system is in place with proven results in another state - this is NOT to say it is perfect - but it is another alternative
    5. Try walking down the river banks and ask how many people want this licence, i think you will find not many, but you are saying sunfish think it is a good idea and have support for it. mate you are dreaming* Try explaining our current fisheries management position to the same people - then offer them an alternative based on what has been proposed here ?
    6. Fisho spend fortunes now on every thing from bait to boats and keep a whole range of businesses going dont wreck the freedom of fishing mate it probably one of only a few things left that is free to take a family to do.because once you do it you will not undo it.*I Believe we will continue to loose ground - yes I believe we are already loosing the fight for sustainable recreational fisheries - nationally - UNLESS we take ownership & control - this is my "personal" view only
    thanks -

supa
    Thank you - Scotto

Scott,

you cant have it both ways, you have been pushing an agenda for while, i simply asked a question, your a holder of a position in an organisation seeking support for a proposition which your pushing hard, surely you know what Sunfish is about for reco fishos, if you dont, enough said.
    I now hold the chair person position for the Fraser coast branch - I DO NOT speak on the behalf of Sunfish state or my branch. I took the position because I was asked & nominated - I am still unsure if I have the time to do the job justice , but will always stand by my right to defend what I believe in.

Regards Scotto