Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sunfish to push for rec licence ?

Re: Sunfish to push for rec licence ?

Scott

You’re a dead set wast of time mate and your arrogance is breath taking to say it nicely. You have made reference to the poll as being close but I think your reliance on one web site is a joke to begin with. You should get up off your arse and canvas the rest of QLD fisherman not just on here. O that’s right; you couldn’t give a shit about the average fisherman. Stop wasting your time and more importantly the rest of ours. Nothing anyone has said on both posts you put up will change your thinking so why persist with the benefits you keep banging on with. We already pay for what we use, it’s called tax. Why are you trying to gain support what is essentially another firkin tax on the rest of us already doing it tough in this over taxed state? Go back to NSW will ya!!

Stu

after reading all this crap,I thpnk i'll g fishing.
    seems like the government and other groups have figured out what;s best for me.
    better get as many fish in the freezer as i can,before the greenies shut down the whole eastern seaboard.

One last comment,does anyone monitor the new green zones in moreton bay ,if so what results,cause i;d like to se how my tax dollars are helping/

Quote Originally Posted by Angryant View Post
    Chris, I think the point that Dazza is trying to make is that, up until recently, representative groups such as Sunfish did not voice or represent the opinion of the individual rec fisho. My understanding is that Ecofishers does just that - represents the "average" recreational fisherman. It should be a goal of rec fishos to join EcoFishers however the one problem I have is that we will have Sunfish claiming to represent rec fishos as will EcoFishers etc. thus confusing all arguments/opinions put forward to government. Once again - divide and conquer!!
    Maybe the varius associations need to get their act together as to who they will or will not represent and once those parameters are set, then perhaps a structured debate can occur without any reason the Government to blow one off against the other.
    I understand that Andrew and you are right but there are some quite difficult differences between all the groups political and non political (there is more than ECOfishers and Sunfish in that mix too) which would make that a hard thing to achieve in my opinion.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Always_offshore View Post
    better get as many fish in the freezer as i can,before the greenies shut down the whole eastern seaboard.

One last comment,does anyone monitor the new green zones in moreton bay ,if so what results,cause i;d like to se how my tax dollars are helping/

In about 6 months time they will start releasing press releases that say that the green zones are really working with their same dodgy science that is what they did up here in NQ
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Always_offshore View Post

The CSIRO have been working with Uni of QLD in doing the baseline monitoring of Moreton Bay since the beginning of this year. Those results would be passed onto the EPA (DERM) as that is the client they are working for. I daresay after less than 12 months it would be too early to make much of an assessment other than it the jury is still out.........and why the signage in Moreton Bay particularly is still so poor to highlight the zoning areas.

One comment recently from a high ranking public servant at an industry conference was "prepare yourself for more green zones".
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Scott

You’re a dead set wast of time mate and your arrogance is breath taking to say it nicely. You have made reference to the poll as being close but I think your reliance on one web site is a joke to begin with. You should get up off your arse and canvas the rest of QLD fisherman not just on here. O that’s right; you couldn’t give a shit about the average fisherman. Stop wasting your time and more importantly the rest of ours. Nothing anyone has said on both posts you put up will change your thinking so why persist with the benefits you keep banging on with. We already pay for what we use, it’s called tax. Why are you trying to gain support what is essentially another firkin tax on the rest of us already doing it tough in this over taxed state? Go back to NSW will ya!!

Stu
    Stu - This is s public poll & the results are there in front of you. I Have also posted this exact poll on two other Qld based forums and the results are much stronger in-favour of a RFL .

I do not believe any of this to be conclusive one way or the other - I purely wanted to get the rec angling community talking about the options of alternative funding of fisheries management in Qld - I believe I have achieved this

It's all good - Scotto

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post

The CSIRO have been working with Uni of QLD in doing the baseline monitoring of Moreton Bay since the beginning of this year. Those results would be passed onto the EPA (DERM) as that is the client they are working for. I daresay after less than 12 months it would be too early to make much of an assessment other than it the jury is still out.........and why the signage in Moreton Bay particularly is still so poor to highlight the zoning areas.

One comment recently from a high ranking public servant at an industry conference was "prepare yourself for more green zones".
    Professor Robert Kearney gave a great presentation at the recent Sunfish conference - questioning where rec angling actually contributed to the demise of these marine park area's ?

By taking rec angling out of these parks - they still have NOT addressed the environmental impacts that are the major concern

Regards Scotto

Which Scott has been our issue all along and prior to the Moreton Bay zoming coming in. It also has the voice of the conservation groups too now which is ironic in our eyes as it was not mentioned prior to the zoning coming into effect.

I find it farcical that a Government will legislate to protect the GBR for waterborne issues but not anything further south.
    Cheers,
    Chris

On the subject of multiple groups speaking or representing on the same subject.

I have no problem with that... the greenies seem to have no problem with that...... but it is far less convienient for the government.

It means that.

different groups can express their views and use methods that suit their polocy and possition not having to compromise or be directly linked with another group, their views and methods.
    It provides and promotes "diversity of opinion" and that is the fuel of democracy.

So this is how it can work.....and believe me it does for the greenies.

There is this loonie green group that is prepared to do whatever it takes to promote their issue...so they make some sort of irresponsible, dangerous protest that damages public or private property, a number of them get arrested and in the media they look like a right bunch of nutters.
    A more moderate green group then comes out with a statement mildly condemming the other groups actions, BUT continuing on to make a full and articulate statement about their views on the issue
    The government then speaks to another the one group they are interested in listening to (because they tell them what they want to hear) to get their opinion.
    Every other green group large and small hop on the band waggon and all sorts of people start writing letters and calling their representatives.
    Before long people are talking about the issue at the pub and at barbiques.

There is not one green group and they don't all have the same views on everything.

I got talking to a bloke that was cleaning windows for rich people in our street ( we aint all rich).....the subject was green zones in the bay and it ran onto other things.
    Basiclay this bloke was a sensible fella....... and definitely a member of a local environment group.........with regard to moreton bay thing.....his response was....."that is not what we wanted"......and the same with a number of other issues too.

So it isn't just us getting rough end of the pinapple.

The government is always looking for something that is cheap and easy to do, has a physical presence or a tangable thing they can point to and will get them some votes.

So instead of properly considered conservation and environment polocy for the bay....we get a token efforet consultation and some pretty colours drawn on a map.

So if we want to get anywhere....we need to support other groups on issues we agree on.... but still continue to promote our own opinions on matters our groups do not aggree on.

There are issues that ecofishers, commercial fishermen, tackle industry, MTAQ and others.......even sunfish agree on.... lets start there.

Hey.... even the fishing inspectors don't want a fishing licence.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

It finally dawned on me this morning as to why Scott has been Vigorously pushing (shoving) his agenda upon us.

Sunfish want money, and truly that is what is is all about, whoever has political favor "Representing the People" will recieve money, they can then channel it any way they want, there will be a proportion that makes it through to the fishos.

But a huge chunk will end up with sunfish. Why should this be so, sunfish have done sweet FA to help us.

People like Scott will be in for their fair share as well as "he represents his people" at meetings, work groups etc he will be a paid representitive, thats why he is positioning himself in one sided debates like this.

Truly Scott fix fiscal policy get your money from the copius amounts of wasted in government expenditure, No is No in any language, you just need to listen.

Regards
    HOnda.

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    It finally dawned on me this morning as to why Scott has been Vigorously pushing (shoving) his agenda upon us.

Sunfish want money, and truly that is what is is all about, whoever has political favor "Representing the People" will recieve money, they can then channel it any way they want, there will be a proportion that makes it through to the fishos.

But a huge chunk will end up with sunfish. Why should this be so, sunfish have done sweet FA to help us.

People like Scott will be in for their fair share as well as "he represents his people" at meetings, work groups etc he will be a paid representitive, thats why he is positioning himself in one sided debates like this.

Truly Scott fix fiscal policy get your money from the copius amounts of wasted in government expenditure, No is No in any language, you just need to listen.

Regards
    HOnda.

You have gotta be kidding me - the secret is out

Fair dinkum - Scotto

Scott,

You have lied to me directly when I directly mention you were a "political wannabe" in your other thread you denied all knowledge of it.

You will be making money from this decision as a direct result and selling the rec fishos down the road for your own personal gain.

Did you bother to read the last line?
    No is No in any language, you just need to listen.

You do not represent me or my interests along with others on this site.

Regards
    HOnda.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    On the subject of multiple groups speaking or representing on the same subject.

I have no problem with that... the greenies seem to have no problem with that...... but it is far less convienient for the government.

It means that.

different groups can express their views and use methods that suit their polocy and possition not having to compromise or be directly linked with another group, their views and methods.
    It provides and promotes "diversity of opinion" and that is the fuel of democracy.

So this is how it can work.....and believe me it does for the greenies.

There is this loonie green group that is prepared to do whatever it takes to promote their issue...so they make some sort of irresponsible, dangerous protest that damages public or private property, a number of them get arrested and in the media they look like a right bunch of nutters.
    A more moderate green group then comes out with a statement mildly condemming the other groups actions, BUT continuing on to make a full and articulate statement about their views on the issue
    The government then speaks to another the one group they are interested in listening to (because they tell them what they want to hear) to get their opinion.
    Every other green group large and small hop on the band waggon and all sorts of people start writing letters and calling their representatives.
    Before long people are talking about the issue at the pub and at barbiques.

There is not one green group and they don't all have the same views on everything.

I got talking to a bloke that was cleaning windows for rich people in our street ( we aint all rich).....the subject was green zones in the bay and it ran onto other things.
    Basiclay this bloke was a sensible fella....... and definitely a member of a local environment group.........with regard to moreton bay thing.....his response was....."that is not what we wanted"......and the same with a number of other issues too.

So it isn't just us getting rough end of the pinapple.

The government is always looking for something that is cheap and easy to do, has a physical presence or a tangable thing they can point to and will get them some votes.

So instead of properly considered conservation and environment polocy for the bay....we get a token efforet consultation and some pretty colours drawn on a map.

So if we want to get anywhere....we need to support other groups on issues we agree on.... but still continue to promote our own opinions on matters our groups do not aggree on.

There are issues that ecofishers, commercial fishermen, tackle industry, MTAQ and others.......even sunfish agree on.... lets start there.

Hey.... even the fishing inspectors don't want a fishing licence.

cheers
    Some of those "Extreem Green Groups" may find it a little harder after a court decision handed down today. The Fed Gov ran a case against the tax exempt status of some charities. It's been ruled they can't claim to be a tax deductable charity and operate tax free themselves if their main role is to influence Gov or bussiness agenda or policy. That means things like the RSPCA are ok as they're caring for animals (but they'll need to pull back in some areas) but PETA and other conservation groups who just protest and loby without getting in the mud and picking up the rubish so to speak, will lose their tax free status.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Some of those "Extreem Green Groups" may find it a little harder after a court decision handed down today. The Fed Gov ran a case against the tax exempt status of some charities. It's been ruled they can't claim to be a tax deductable charity and operate tax free themselves if their main role is to influence Gov or bussiness agenda or policy. That means things like the RSPCA are ok as they're caring for animals (but they'll need to pull back in some areas) but PETA and other conservation groups who just protest and loby without getting in the mud and picking up the rubish so to speak, will lose their tax free status.
    Cheers
    Thanks Mike!

Won't that have the bastards howling!!! Greenies get toey about the Environment, but get in front of their money and you'll find what they're really interested in!!!

Sweet!

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Cheers
    WOW! thats big news!! still better 20 years later than never! it's been an entirly corrupt arena for so long, ruining the country...... with of coarse the help of lower in personal quality legislators.

i wonder how many loopholes is in this new legislation.

cheers fnq