Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who fishes out from Cairns

Re: Who fishes out from Cairns

Quote Originally Posted by fnq joey View Post
    Gday ,
    i usually put my boat in at blue water...

Next week wednesday on is looking real good...i work 2 weeks on and 2 off so fortunate not to be limited to the weekends.

cheers Joey

Yeah it was now next week Wednesday is 15kn plus .....again.

Wish me luck guys.

We are having a dash out tonight. Hopefully it'll drop right off late this arvo and tonight. Fingers crossed anyway.

Pazz

Good luck Pazz let us know how u go, i may head out tomorrow night or Tuesday/Wednesday night.

I'm heading out tonight too Pazz.. will try to remember to take some photos and post up a report tomorrow sometime..

cheers

richard

.Any one get out yesterday?

I got out early yesterday morning to Arlington ...rough as.. got a couple of nice trout then headed into double island wreck and picked up a couple of spottie macs....was a lot calmer there...

picked up a feed of sand crab and a nice muddie on the way back in as dropped the pots out early...all in all was a good day!

cheers

How'd you go pazz?

Saturday looked calm, stayed at Rydges sat with the missus, should of had boat in tow. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo76 View Post
    How'd you go pazz?

Saturday looked calm, stayed at Rydges sat with the missus, should of had boat in tow. lol.
    Hey Rob,

I haven't been out since the end of May. Pulled up out wide and got a couple of trout then moved into the deep water. Right on dark they started but the sharks were with them. We only managed about 10 fish. Ranging from 6-8kg big mouth and red emperor. Had a few spangles and red throat as well. The sharks were just eating everything whole. In like packs. You'd get 15 metres off the bottom line would peel out of your hands 100mph in the opposite direction and then have nothing left.

I've never seen them that bad. The next morning we pulled about 8 trout heads. Just couldn't get any fish up. My old man has fished the same area for about 25 years and never seen so many sharks.

My brother went out and they got about 35 reds, big mouth and spangles the same night. So they cleaned up.

Pazz

We went out and fished the wreck between flynn and euston reefs but it was pretty lumpy and made for an uncomfortable nights sleep.

Managed to pull a few jacks off of it though from about mid -water. Had a steam train hit two of our lines at once at about 3am that made my TLD too hot to touch after the thing took all my braid.

Fishing the next morning managed a few trout as well but the fishing was pretty slow. Right at the end when we were running out of defrosted bait i thought I'd chuck a plastic out (in about 40m of water). It paid off in about 3 casts..

That's a nice footballer mate. Don't see too many getting around.

Pazz

Yeah he was around 58cm, so in that range where you could keep him. We already had a few others there though so he went back to fight another day..

So where did your brother go pazz?? lol.

I'm boatless at the moment, new boat on the cards soon. Missus likes the 5.4m Horizon bowrider, 130etec on rear. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo76 View Post
    So where did your brother go pazz?? lol.

I'm boatless at the moment, new boat on the cards soon. Missus likes the 5.4m Horizon bowrider, 130etec on rear. We'll see what happens.
    I think they were out around Finn and the shelf or something. The boat they are with won't part with the mark unfortunately for me.

I'll get it one day.

Sorry to hear that mate. It's perfect weather to be without a boat at the moment. Bloody terrible, just keeps blowing. I don't know anything about the horizon's. Alloy or glass? Very old?

Pazz

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Bloody wind. Oh well, caught this in the inlet last week so not all bad.

Great Fish for the inlet steve - especially this time of year and in the wind we've been getting!!! - Cast or Trolled??

Plate alloy pazz, newby.

Scuttles, nice fish! I noticed you are one of the 'old school' posters on Ausfish, lol. Watched a few of your vids in the past, good stuff.