Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who fishes out from Cairns

Re: Who fishes out from Cairns

HyyipIV,

Don't worry mate, I think most of us fall into the "when we are ready the weather isn't" category. I am keeping an eye for next week, but looks it might turn to slop again.

Thanks for posting. All the best,

Rob

Went out off Yorkey's yesterday afternoon coming back at about 2230. Was a little bouncy but got a good feed of fish so worth it..

Arhh, good on ya mate, rub it in

My cousin went out to pixie o/night at spot x and filled up on spangles and nannies. He also got a few large goldspot cod. He was back at ramp by 2am.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo76 View Post
    Arhh, good on ya mate, rub it in

My cousin went out to pixie o/night at spot x and filled up on spangles and nannies. He also got a few large goldspot cod. He was back at ramp by 2am.

Rob
    I was out wider (closer to Hope Reef) but at 15-20kn winds it was a little bouncy but still able to maintain 18knots home dry and comfortable ish.......Picked up a heap of Rosy Jobfish, if they didn't get sharked and some really nice Lippers.......

Howdy all,
    I fish out of Cairns.
    Use the YK boat ramp or the one near by.
    Although the boat has been in the shed for four weeks now
    Nothing wrong with it just that the heavily pregnant wife wouldnt let me go reef fishing in case she burst.
    She eventually burst yesterday. A boy 11 pound 4 (yes 11 pound 4) that there would be a good trout. A boy to boot.
    Now all Ive got to do is post a thread about mounting baby capsules in a boat
    Anyway the boats called Ossie Bob (No AF stickers) come over and say hello if you please

Rod

Hi Rod,

Congrats on the little fella! well, big fella at 11 pound. Nice trout indeed. If I see you i'll say g'day. My haines is called "Dorothy".

All the best,
    Rob

We fished yesterday out of Cairns.

Got a feed of trout, but the fishing was very slow yesterday. Little bit sloppy but bearable.

Bad day's fishing is better than a good day's work.

Pazz

I was going to head out tomorrow, but this flu is knocking me around a bit. See what happens. Sounds alright Pazz, at least you got something. I've heard it was a slow weekend from a few.

Yep, Being on the water is a great day out & better than work, a few fish on top is a bonus.

Rob

By the look of Sudbury on Sunday I would say half the country!

Quote Originally Posted by MackerelMan View Post
    By the look of Sudbury on Sunday I would say half the country!
    But did anyone catch anything?

Pazz

Not by us Pazz. Sharkies under the boat annoyed us for a while but nothing else.

Pazz, Mackman,

I went out on Monday. Found some good rubble ground, Got 8 largemouth nannies, really 7, one was just a head. No trout though.

Rob

That's alright Rob. Better than a kick in the pants.

What area where you fishing?

Pazz

Just in close pazz. Close enough to pixie, oyster. Somewhere in that large area . Whole Squid and pillie did the damage.

Rob

I fish from Cairns sometimes, most of the time I tow up to Port Douglas and head N/E from there. Sick of putting up with the nongs at the local ramp when the weather is good. I usually only fish out of Cairns when the weather is average as the ramps are not busy and your not sharing the same little piece of ground with a thousand other boats.

Cheers Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots