Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who fishes out from Cairns

Who fishes out from Cairns

I was looking at the archived saltwater reports in the Cairns area, seems there used to be many more on here from Cairns once than appears to be today. I'm just curious as to how many members are from here. May see one of you out on the water some day . I always head out from the inlet, the ramp down the end, near the water police.

I know of FNQCairns. Don't really remember any others, i'm sure there would be a few of you.

Cheers,
    Rob

Re: Who fishes out from Cairns

G'day....yeah I still launch my boat out from the trawler base ramp.....I've never had any dramas there yet, touch wood!!

I've only got a 4m tinnie (yet to figure out a name) which I mainly use around trinity inlet and outside the leads on a good day

Anyway send us a PM and we can catch up.

Cheers

Ryan

Yeah, I fish out of Cairns and other places. I tend to lauch out of Yorky's if I'm fishing the Cairns reefs........Basically depends on which reef I intend to hit depends on which ramp.....

Yeah I fish from Cairns. Majority of the time leave from Sugar terminal, and occassionally from Yorkeys.

This damn wind is not letting up either. Haven't been out in ages.

Pazz

Pazz, Yes, the wind has been a shocker. Now we have the closure from tomorrow till 18th on top of that. I went for a run two weeks ago to try a prop, bloody snotty conditions out there, also had that green island ferry pass me flat out. Some big waves came out of that thing, puckered up for a bit!

Teabag, nice boat. Is that a Formosa c/cab? I sometimes go from Yorkeys also.

Ryan, when I get this prop sorted out i'll get in touch mate, I've got one getting re-pitched at the moment.

Rob

Yeah, it's a 5.5mtr Formosa C/C with a 140hp Suzuki on the back.........

Yeah there are a few of us still lurking about on here. I normally launch my 4m tinnie from the sugar terminal if i'm heading into the inlet but usually try and avoid it. I prefer to head up to the Mowbray/Daintree, down south to the Russel/Mulgrave or, like all of next week, drag the boat down to the Hinchinbrook area.

richard

Hi Richard, Hinchinbrook is a nice place. We rented a holiday house on the marina with it's own pontoon, the one across from the ramp. Magic!

Teabag, how do they ride mate? I was thinking of getting rid of the old haines down the track for something newer. I have been looking at boats and comparing reviews and so on. I had a look at the Allison fisherman 189 at Boat Scene, very nice rig, but apparently they are no longer making them. I'm not in a rush, just seeing what's out there.

Rob

M8,
    I fish out of Cairns, or should I say used to !
    Have'nt been out for a while. Not counting last Fri. to test the new trim tabs, a little bouncy to say the least.
    I prefer to go out of Russel heads & out to the reefs. BarCrusher with 140 zuke
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo76 View Post
    Hi Richard, Hinchinbrook is a nice place. We rented a holiday house on the marina with it's own pontoon, the one across from the ramp. Magic!

Teabag, how do they ride mate? I was thinking of getting rid of the old haines down the track for something newer. I have been looking at boats and comparing reviews and so on. I had a look at the Allison fisherman 189 at Boat Scene, very nice rig, but apparently they are no longer making them. I'm not in a rush, just seeing what's out there.

Rob
    Drop me a PM if interested and you can come a have a squiz. I have been very happy with the ride though there is obviously better out there but it all comes at a price. If you know what I mean. There are also many who knock them but have never ever been in one let alone seen one, like most things I guess...........IMHO, a good bang for you buck boat and does everything I expect of it an more.......

yep i fish from the cairns area, fishing grounds NN/E

Daz

Teabag, Thanks mate. Might do that when I head down the range in future. I've read good reports on them so far. Price, yeah getting pretty steap for a new toy these days.

Wahoo, I think i recall your boat for sale once. C /console large plate, verado on the butt. Very nice rig. Weather is starting to look good again, about bloody time!

Frank100, Bouncy indeed. LOL. I turned back at the last lead after a test run in the inlet. Some other boat my size passed me heading out towards green. Pretty keen fisho's . Barcrusher, very nice. Had a look at them also, bit steep on price though.

Might hang on to the old haines for a little while longer.

Cheers,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo76 View Post

Wahoo, I think i recall your boat for sale once. C /console large plate, verado on the butt. Very nice rig. Weather is starting to look good again, about bloody time!

Yep Rob thats the one, she is long gone now, new Bluewater is on its way, bigger and better....

Daz

Daz, The Bluewater boats sure do look a treat. My pick would be the 6.4 half cab. You must be aiming higher are you, 7.2 or the 8. Half your luck mate, enjoy the new beast!

All the best,
    Rob

Hi Robbo76,
    We fish out from Cairns when we can, weather is never any good when we get the chance to go Head out from Yorkey's into the wide blue yonder