Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Who fishes out from Cairns

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Re: Who fishes out from Cairns

One from the Inlet this arvo

anyone get offshore this weekend? how'd you go. I was going to head out but ended up booked out with all that crap that gets in the way of fishing!

quick newsflash, all next week from the 18th will probably be glassed-out as I'm away with work and that's what usually happens

quick heads-up, a mate from work is pretty handy reading the weather, he predicts a shitload of wind around the 25th of this month with a possible cyclone forming in the coral sea in the first week of March....great.

Pretty close to a glass out all week mate! you picked itAttachment 89209 got out at Cooktown for a look on Sunday arvo, only last 3 hours and we filled the esky had to head home

Hey mate the photo can't be viewed?

Yellowfin were about last weekend. Who's keen this weekend.

Try again! We didnt even go 1km off shore and there was yellow fin busting up, we got one yellow fin, one long tail on halco crome pink 160s 2m, then we stopped and dropped some plastics, boated 7 fingermark, released 2. Lost count of how many queenies we boated, kept a couple to give away to mates and caught a couple of Trevs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok where a bouts?

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Nice catch mate, is that a Stacer 525 Seafisher? I used to have one that looked very similar

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Thompson View Post
    Try again! We didnt even go 1km off shore and there was yellow fin busting up, we got one yellow fin, one long tail on halco crome pink 160s 2m, then we stopped and dropped some plastics, boated 7 fingermark, released 2. Lost count of how many queenies we boated, kept a couple to give away to mates and caught a couple of Trevs.

about 20km north of Cooktown SnapperScott, and its a Quintrex 4.75 caprice I think its called, centre console. First trip in it, my mate bought it last week. He was pretty stoked with the first trip, we went out to the same spot again last night but the finger mark were not on the chew, had some fun with the Queenies and got some good footage on the gopro of some aireals and underwater action.

Think I am going to take my boat out to the Ribbons this weekend leave Friday night come back Saturday arvo will hopefully have a good report on Monday.

tough day on the water today gents, was expecting close to glass this morning but had a gentlemans start of 8am and it was a bit lumpy for a few hours, when it settled I didn't head out to the reef (was inshore) as seebreeze had predicted higher winds in the arvo (from this mornings quick check). really should have headed out though as the day just got better and better wind wise.

found thousands of just undersize nannygai, they were 35cm plus but only a couple were legal. anyway towed a broken-down boat halfway back to the ramp before their engine managed to start, so hopefully the fishing gods were watching and I'm awarded a few browny points. also had my boat refuse to start for the first time ever, but started on the second and third goes when moving spots, hopefully it's just an easy to fix ignition problem. was hoping to head out tomorrow but won't be going anywhere until that ignition is fixed..

I headed out yesterday.. was fantastic on the run out until Green Island and the storms were there. Was a bit sloppy, wet and windy until about 10.30-11 and it settled down a bit. We managed 6 trout, a big spangle and a nice red. Wasted a lot of the good fishing time waiting for one of the big storms to pass and they had shut down by 11. So we headed off around lunch time for a nice ride home.

Pazz

Seems like everyone got yellowfin out wide

Went out off Cooktown Sat morning, same deal, flat heading out got 15km out hit a storm, stop and trolled for a bit picked up three mackerel. After an hour it calmed down a bit so we headed out, got 5 trout, my mate dropped a good yellow fin beside the boat (broke my rod while at it). Got some awesome underwater footage on the gopro of some Tuna busting up.
    Pulled some photos off the go pro footage (pretty crap as I am still learning)
    Attached Images Attached Images