Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Who fishes out from Cairns

Re: Who fishes out from Cairns

I went yesterday, managed 10 trout, but had to let 3 good footballers go. Got one nice one in the photo attached. Was a fantastic day weather wise, probably nearly the best I've ever had. Heaps of activity, on the surface with tuna and rainbow runners everywhere. Seen a mackeral checking out the floater, but he wasn't interested. Headed home about 2pm.

On another note, on the way out, near the first/second lead we touched the bottom. And we were a pretty close to the centre of the channel. So that was pretty scary. No damage, boat just fell off the plane. Like the channel has really silted up. On the way home the tide running out from the channel was unbelievable, a good 1.5m swell running through and was pretty wild.

Pazz
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is blue water or city?

That was the inlet (city) that we touched the bottom.

I've had a few good trips of late. The pic below was a short trip to Snapper where my wife got onto this beauty. It was part of a double hook-up where I got a 12 plus kilo Gold spot cod as well. We ended up getting one more 4 kilo Nanny and a School mack before heading back in. Not bad for an Island run and a few hours.
    Had another cracking trip with Ron (Megafish71) who took his two staff out. We got into the Tuna plus had a ball on the GTs with big poppers. Ron lost a train to the reef and a swag of Sharks nailed one of my bigguns. It's awesome seeing such big fish hit a lure on the surface. We also got a few trout and a Spanish so were able to take some fish home.
    Moffy posted a pic a few weeks back where we smashed a few Nannies in another short trip. His fish went 10.2 kilos.
    My brother Mick went out Tuesday and stopped fishing when they got to 17 Large Mouth plus a few other mixed reeef, Spangleds etc. I'll hope to hit that spot around Boxing day onwards while the weather stays good. Should get some pics hopefully.

LMN2.jpg

Wow great report. I went out to pixie and linden bank on Saturday and both were dead. I love bottom bashing but just never catch anything. There was good fish on the bottom of linden but was too rough to ven consider trying so we trolled chasing big fish.

another cracker of a report Daintreeboy, I've spent a lot of time around snapper but haven't found that spot yet lol.

Merry Christmas to all the Cairns, Port Douglas and Daintree blokes, hope you and your families have a great year.

here's some wonkys in case anyone wants to see what they look like on side-imaging, somewhere else in this thread a guy had a good standard sounder pic of one, note these aren't flowing but should once the wet hits, so will become a greater fad then (hopefully!)

Attachment 87555

We found a few rosy jobfsh in 140m off deeral Thursday.

Looks like the next 7 days are all going to be under 15 knots. Who's heading out. A few reports over the last couple of days including an overnighter is that there is nothing on the chew.

I'm going either Tuesday or Wednesday, finally taking the wife out for a trip, work has been getting in the way a lot. Will post a report if I get anything big, cheers.

Heading out early tomorrow morning for a spear a deep bomie for reds then off to some deeper water chasing some spanish. Hopefully the wind doesn't jump up too early

We just persisted for 2 hours trying to get a Fingermark. Was far too rough to head out wider. Although the Obs looked ok it was 15 knots at Snapper.
    Erica got a 25 lb Catfish.

Yeah mate I had a look at the wind this morning, it really picked up out there! That's a big catty!

I'm seizing the opportunity to obtain browny points before the nice weather next week, looks like I'm landscaping for most of the weekend, putting in some new garden beds. Will find time to sneak away and keg some homebrew though..

Fingers crossed I hope to head out Monday.. got an RDO. With the heat around I am expecting it to be pretty slow, I know I am guaranteed of a couple of sharks or 10 at one spot.. but beats working!!!!!

Pazz