Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Who fishes out from Cairns

Re: Who fishes out from Cairns

I'm going but my small boat is full sorry Scott.

Just posted a report in Saltwater Offshore
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

The boys got a few yellowfin and wahoo on Wednesday.

Bit of a late post but if anyone is interested we are having a Garage sale tomorrow morning with a stack of rods and some other fishing gear for sale. I have some customs I'm building and a heap of blanks and components for show.
    44 Mayflower St. Mt. Sheridan.

Hey Daintreeboy,

sorry missed it can you give me an bit of a list abouts whats left?

scott.

Likewise daintree.

It might be best if you blokes give me a call and either come over or let me know what you are after. I have a stack of blanks but not a huge amount of fully built customs. I can take a few pics but prefer a PM (I'll give you my number) and I can go through it all since I also have a few factory rods.

shit i wish i'd seen this, just getting into rod building, too have the lathe etc ready to go, almost sold it but glad i didn't..

Couldnt resist putting this up My old home made Downrigger which worked fine, but slow winding, ( alvey reel 1.1 ratio ha! and my new Cannon Electric magnum 5 ST with auto short stop. Cant wait to use this piece of kit!Check out my home made 10lb bomb

DSCF5026.jpgDSCF5025.jpgphoto 2.jpg
    Last edited by odes20; 13-12-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: pics
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

I've seen some guys make the bombs out of the old campfire jaffle irons, works a treat..

Forecast Sunday onwards looks awesome ... Who's going out and what's the target.

Hopefully heading out tomorrow or sunday morning chasing fingermark, spanish, and reds all on spear.. hoping the wind dies down by tomorrow morning and clear water is there.

If it calms off I'll probably head out tomorrow morning. Chase a few trout and head out into the deep water for some reds. Weather permitting. Still howling out there now, but the forecast looks the goods.

Pazz

yeah im off to the shelf tomorrow probably a bit rough in the morning but should be good by lunch time. Last of the tides so have to try.

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Went trolling around Linden Bank today. Got stuff all. One Barracuda, then missed a big run, either a Spaniard or a Wahoo. Tried bait fishing but only got Red Bass and sharks. Nice and flat but not much current which was surprising with these big tides. Lots of tuna schools around Pixie and Batt, should have spent the day there