Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who fishes out from Cairns

Re: Who fishes out from Cairns

Bump up thread
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

My old man went out saturday mid morning and they did no good. Only a couple of trout.

My brothers mate went Saturday night and they got 45 fish.. good feed of reds, big mouth, and spangles.

Cheers
    Pazz

Spoke to a mate on the phone last night who went on a charter on Saturday off Cairns with about 10 work mates, they caught 4 fish. One of his mate went Sat night caught 32.

how does everyone secure their boat for cyclones?

Dave

Hi Dave
    Suggest put the bungs in and put some water in. Watch the trailer you don't want to much weight ! Or tow up to the tablelands and fish Tinnaroo

lol, its a glass boat with self draining decks. and to heavy to tow up the hill..

sort of need to think about options now hey..lol

Cheers

Next door fished all night Friday off linden ankhs got not much we fished Sunday at stagg patches and got a good sailfish around 50lb my guess.

Nice one mate, what you get the sailfish on?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNkelly View Post
    lol, its a glass boat with self draining decks. and to heavy to tow up the hill..

sort of need to think about options now hey..lol

Cheers

DnK put a few big eskies in boat and fill with water, two star pickets around front of trailer and ratchet strap trailer down, make sure insurance is up to date and covers for storm damage.......suncorp is good for this

Got out last night. 42 good fish and among them were 9 xos long nose emporer. They are an awesome table fish

Did they bite at a particular time Odes? - Director from work went out and could only scratch up one red......

best bite was after moon came up about 9.30 . then they just bit steadily thru the night. All caught on the drift. Intersting Moffy, a mate was out there as well near me and was getting almost nothin till I got him to move just east of me in slightly deeper water and then he got his share of large long nose emps as well, actually they ended up with 11 big ones and we got nine. Plenty spangs around, only kept 8. We got soome reds and largemouth as well. Jobfish in both colors, Robinson sea perches, a few cod.
    Great fun, calm seas.

Yeah sounds like friday night was a great night.. a mate cleaned up too out at linden bank bottom bashing and said it was best night fishing ever had. Massive reds and massive nannies out there. We trolled pixie Saturday for a few hours dead flat and hot but nothing about. Until I get the new downrigger on the boat its hard when the bait is deep.

scott.

Hey guys I am thinking about getting a T top made for my side console, any one know who in Cairns would make one?

Cheers

Contact Boyd at Ocean Blue boats
    170 Brown St, bungalow.
    They should be able to help.
    Regards

Richo