Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Good Luck In The ABT Blokes!

Re: Good Luck In The ABT Blokes!

Recapping what Lyndon and Theo have already summed up,

Well done on your acheivments Kerrin and Cy. Its a page in your book that many poeple should be reading, reading and reading again to follow what you 2 have done to get were you are and to have achieved what you have.

From and young fellas perspective Its great to see such young guys get out there and do what they love best. Its a part of life that many people around our age dont understnad the self satisfaction of getting outdoors and achieving what you 2 have achieved. As a a 17 y/o the peir pressure of getting asked out to parties every weekend, no doubt you guys have had the same thing happen to take that part out of your life and enjoy the outdoors and have loads more fun while getting the self satisfaction of being 2 of the Best Barra anglers in the Nation.

The day when we had JM, Harro, Lyndon, you 2 boys and myself chatting at Awoonga made me think that there is alot of potential for a great future for the barra industry. It just need to be highlighted that the harder you work and the more you think the greater the rewards will be.

Well done again and lookign forward to watching the AFC series.

Cheers Lachy

Well deserved accolades for Cy & Kerrin ....... a class act

aside from the hard work , dedication , time on the water , coaching , natural talent & focus ......... I see their fairly unique relationship as probably their biggest asset and greatest strength when it comes to tournament fishing.

Often we see in sport how siblings emulate each other and reach the same lofty heights ....... ie Ella bros (Rugby) , Safins (Tennis) & Chappels (cricket) - let alone twins like the Waughs (cricket) & Walters (league) ........

Being as closely related to each other combined with such a strong bond has allowed them to learn & grow at a rate which would far exceed others........ They fish together socially , prefish together , learn together & compete as a team ........ Certainly a unique situation

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi guys,

Thanks for the nice comments!

Hi Chris, yes that's definetely a huge part of the what helped us get into fishing and learn everything about it - having someone who is closely related & equally keen helps you learn a lot faster!

Hi Lyndon, thanks for the detailed post! The info you post is always interesting to read and learn from so thanks heaps for taking the time to write it. Yeah, it'd be great to see what impoundment barra fishing is like in the future - it'd be cool to go ahead 50 years and then come back with all of the gun techniques & lures! Ha ha!

Hi Theo, thanks for the congrats! Yeah, that was a great night at Tinaroo! Hopefully it'll be in the Barra Tour again soon. The ABT organisers were talking about making the Barra Tour into two seperate tours with a large gap in between. Something like 3 northern rounds and 3 southern rounds with Tinaroo one of the northern events - hopefully it works out!
    Thanks again for the comments.

Cy & Kerrin

Your right lyndons post have a few tips all could learn from for sure i need every tip i can since the back and birth of my son my barra time has been cut too nil basically so i reckon having constant contat with a dam is very helpfull for all of us who may get up there twice a year that is for sure so thanks lyndon keep them coming .

Cy and kerrin wel done to both its great to see 2 nice young fellows doing so well hope it keeps going for ya talk to yous soon and cant wait to watch the afc for sure im getting the bug for a barra fish bad and that will top things off ibd will be through the roof by feb if the back is up to it