Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck In The ABT Blokes!

Re: Good Luck In The ABT Blokes!

Well done Jamie!! thats a good result, and you have filled in an important 'blank' on you PB chart....awesome work!!!!!

Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Yeah nice Lyndon they are going well, good to see the boys out in front... Just as well we cant afford to do it cause then we would see them win rather the read it

Anyhow good to see ya back on here mate, now we got to get back to basics and enjoy a bit of fishin....

Hi Nathan thanks for the friendly reply. Yes cost is a fair whack when you have the option for a couple of NT trips & time with family for the same money with some change.

Yep basics are good fun, been getting a nice feed of flatties lately the run has been a good one.

May see you guys while doing a spot of camping on the dams in the next year or so.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.
    Sorry for the late reply, i've been away.

Cheers Lyndon.

Last edited by SeekingBarradise; 07-12-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Add photo

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    P.S.
    *This is a congratulations type of post wishing people well, please don't find anything to argue about. Others have wished mates well, now i am

Those boys are amazing, far and away better barra fishos than most, and consistant to boot. Anyone can have a good day, trip, season, year, but they just keep doing it.

Congrats gentlemen.

Cheers Brian, yeah from teenagers to 20 years young they have won

4 Individual ABT Barra Championships in a Row
    4 Team ABT Barra Championships in a Row

Cy got a 120cm Barra, 119cm, 91cm and a 110cm and Kerrin got a 107cm, bloody amazing fishing for anyone to be proud of in a lifetime, man we are spoilt with these dams down here. Lucky we are.

Also a congratulations and well done to Trev, Steve, Chris, Matt x2,Robert and all the other names i missed on here. Well done as lake barra fishing ain't that easy.

Merry Xmas & A Happy New Year to everyone on Ausfish & Sweetwater.
    Enjoy the summers social fishing.
    Cheers Lyndon
    ps. Again sorry for the late reply.

Merry Christmas to you and family as well Lyndon.
    Catch you on the water, or around a fire some where in the New Year, stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by OverNover View Post
    Congrats on the 3rd place Chris, top effort, it was great to finally meet you, Trever, Matt, Peter & Kyle. Gettin a 104 to 'pop my cherry' was an added bonus, geez it went hard on 20lb spin gear, only comparison I can come up with is standing beside the M1 with a rope and lasooing a passing one tonner!!!!!!! Pretty happy to finish up 29th in my 1st comp, just needed that kicker fish to get me up a bit further.

Thanx heaps for all the advice and tips guys, I soaked it all in and put them in practice. I love the Soron!!! Cheers, Jamie.

Will post report & photos as soon as I get them emailed to me, not my camera.

Thanks Jamie

Nice to meet you at Mondy and a big congratulations on the 104 ..... you should be proud

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi,

Thanks for the congratulations Lyndon and Steve B! Also, thanks to Lyndon for your info about the mental side of sport and how to use it in fishing - it was great!

We'd like to say congratulations & well done to:

- Chris Nagiello for his 3rd place at Lake Monduran - great result!

- Katie Sanderson for her 5th place at Lake Monduran and 2nd on Day 1 out of the 86 anglers!

- Dan Grech for winning the Awoonga Night Championships with a record 5/5 of 583cm!

- Jason Wilhelm for taking out the Southern AOY & Awoonga Evening event with very consistent results!

- Everyone for entering and having a go! It is great to see new people coming in and trying these events.

The Tour was great fun again this year - the anglers that enter are improving and getting better every year.

Here's some stuff that happened to us:

- Getting an Owner treble in my foot after a large Awoonga wave made me loose balance.

- Catching a 122cm, 123cm and 3 others over a metre in the NC and getting beaten by 3 anglers.

- Chasing big fish around the timber with the the outboard motor at Monduran.

- Listening to other anglers stories after the sessions are over - such as Jason Wilhelm loosing a 120cm at the net at Awoonga and Ian Miller breaking a Millerod on a big fish in the timber at Monduran!

Here's some images of fish we landed over the events. If you have any post them up!

Also, the AFC BARRA rounds are coming soon with the Awoonga round on the 27th of December and Monduran on the 3rd of Jan on Ten. They're also replayed on One.

Thanks,

Cy & Kerrin Taylor

Thanks for putting up a report Cy, and again congratulations. You lads deserve all the acolades that you get! You both are the bench mark in the sport, and with your attitude, effort and natural ability you have, and will go places...this forces the field to lift which is great news for the barra sport future I reckon.

That last photo....ouch!!!
    Second last photo....well I always suspected you guys could walk on water.....thats just proof!!!

Yes, I also forgot to congratulate Katie too on her 5th...how could I forget that. Actually Her and Elaines 14 fish haul at Teemburra day 2 in a 2 hour smash-a-thon was another awesome achievement for 2 great female anglers!!!

Cheers Steve

Thanks for the post Cy that's a beut hook up, at least a foot

I hope you had the bolt cutters handy.

It is great to see you blokes do so well from a tinny, while the jet pilots are tearing around looking flash. .

(get the movie 'bait shop' on DVD, I am sure you will have a laugh)

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Yeah Congrats to you Cy, I would have congratulated you in person on Saturday night but to be honest, it was a bit daunting being amongst all the big names of the sport in my first ABT event, was like a kid in a candy store!!!! It honestly blows me away to see you and your brother absolutely braining the field yet you are content to stick to your yellow tinny!!! You guys have managed to keep your feet on the ground and are unbeleivably modest with your obvious natural talents, your attitude is brilliant. Credit to your parents I reckon.

Anyway, I'll no doubt see you on the upcoming DVD and will catch up with you next year at least at the Mondy event, bit hard to do more than that with a wife and two rug rats at home. I had an absolute ball and managed to "pop my cherry" so I'm stoked, problem now is my thumb's twitchin already and I've only been back 2 days!!!!!! Absolutely brilliant event, learnt heaps, those Gold Coast Flathead just aren't gonna cut it anymore!!!!! All the Best, Jamie.
    My PB's - Have Photos of most of them.

Flathead - 98cm - Bait - Tweed River
    Spottie Mackerel - 105cm - Bait - Palmy Reef
    Australian Bass - 48cm - Spinnerbait - Spot X
    Yellowbelly - 48cm - Yellowbelly - Jackall - Sommerset
    Bream - 38cm - MF40 - Nerang River
    Whiting - 40cm - Bait - Nerang River
    Jack - 40cm (Pitiful I Know) - Live Bait - Coomera River
    Barra - 104cm - Storm Pro Paddle Tail - Mondy

Cy and Kerrin

Ditto to all of the above. Fitting words are probably not enough. As an aside, your flair and creativity as shutter bugs is probably on the same pedestal as your abilities as anglers....unbelievable.... Steve took the words out of my mouth Some of those shots are spectacular.

Cheers and congratulations to you both.

Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by OverNover View Post
    Congrats on the 3rd place Chris, top effort, it was great to finally meet you, Trever, Matt, Peter & Kyle. Gettin a 104 to 'pop my cherry' was an added bonus, geez it went hard on 20lb spin gear, only comparison I can come up with is standing beside the M1 with a rope and lasooing a passing one tonner!!!!!!! Pretty happy to finish up 29th in my 1st comp, just needed that kicker fish to get me up a bit further.

Thanx heaps for all the advice and tips guys, I soaked it all in and put them in practice. I love the Soron!!! Cheers, Jamie.

Will post report & photos as soon as I get them emailed to me, not my camera.
    A belated congrats Jamie, Well done on your 104, what a way to open the account. Now you've got to try and keep the average above a metre

Great to meet you as well.

Cheers,

Matt

Cy and Kerrin,

Well done on another fantastic tour, you guys are barra freaks!

Cy - huge effort getting 397/400 points for Overall AOY, that is unreal, and I doubt it will ever be repeated, except maybe by yourself.

Great to see you guys still getting these results from a tinny.

Fantastic photos, ouch on the treble! unreal walking on water pic, and those barra look excellent in your pics.

There were some great stories coming out of the tour. Lots of battles won and lost. Trev from the rum pigs got spooled at Awoonga! A fair few bite offs on 80lb leader! Straightened and broken hooks and snaps! XRaps being destroyed at an alarming rate. Rods broken, Outfits lost overboard, it was all happening.

How awesome was it to see Awoonga fire up like it did! when the big girls come on the chew like that, its game on!

Looking forward to watching you guys on AFC this year - fishing together for the first time.

Here are a couple of pics from the presentation night, well done to you and Jason.

Cheers,

Matt

Brilliant display of fishing ability by both Cy and Kerrin. Well done to you both a great effort.

Big Arnie in Predator said "if it bleeds we can kill it", I note in the photo with the treble in the foot, NO BLOOD, it does unsettle other fisherman thinking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by cy_taylor1 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the congratulations Lyndon and Steve B! Also, thanks to Lyndon for your info about the mental side of sport and how to use it in fishing - it was great!

We'd like to say congratulations & well done to:

- Chris Nagiello for his 3rd place at Lake Monduran - great result!

- Katie Sanderson for her 5th place at Lake Monduran and 2nd on Day 1 out of the 86 anglers!

- Dan Grech for winning the Awoonga Night Championships with a record 5/5 of 583cm!

- Jason Wilhelm for taking out the Southern AOY & Awoonga Evening event with very consistent results!

- Everyone for entering and having a go! It is great to see new people coming in and trying these events.

The Tour was great fun again this year - the anglers that enter are improving and getting better every year.

Here's some stuff that happened to us:

- Getting an Owner treble in my foot after a large Awoonga wave made me loose balance.

- Catching a 122cm, 123cm and 3 others over a metre in the NC and getting beaten by 3 anglers.

- Chasing big fish around the timber with the the outboard motor at Monduran.

- Listening to other anglers stories after the sessions are over - such as Jason Wilhelm loosing a 120cm at the net at Awoonga and Ian Miller breaking a Millerod on a big fish in the timber at Monduran!

Here's some images of fish we landed over the events. If you have any post them up!

Also, the AFC BARRA rounds are coming soon with the Awoonga round on the 27th of December and Monduran on the 3rd of Jan on Ten. They're also replayed on One.

Thanks,

Cy & Kerrin Taylor

Hi Cy & Kerrin, you guys go the extra mile that's for sure. If i had written mindset on here as a topic, i would have been laughed at for the rest of the year in posts. I'm glad you mentioned it, as fishing is a hard sport, and your dotting the I's and crossing the T's approach at such a young age is awesome clear thinking, with no concern or buckling to peer pressure.

In the future it will be looked back as visionary, but you might get canned now for sticking your neck out with different approaches and thought patterns. Anyway, Well done again.

Some Taylor Brothers Observations
    People on here might not find this interesting, but maybe tackle shops or social fisho's who don't post much might find it interesting to get a bit more of an insight into what makes the Taylors 4 time champs, at such a young age. As a sportsfan i just find it interesting how people have their own individual approaches to achieve a similar goal, like different bowling styles/approaches from say Dougie Bollinger, Clint Mackay and Hilfy who are the younger bowlers coming through to the Aussie cricket team. All have the same goal (take wickets) but do it differently. Dougy is a class clown, Hilfy a hard trainer and Clint liked training less. All have good results in their own ways. All good competitors and nice blokes.

Campfire Chats

Sitting around the campfire with our mates the question pops up now and then.
    "How have the Taylor brothers been so successfull in competition barra fishing?"

The answer from a couple of quiet fisho's and some guides goes like this:

They do what others won't.
    Have a thorough thinking, observation and application path.

Whether it's in the thinking, or tinkering, or watching, taking on board ideas and so on, or too hard or too serious basket. No fishing or sporting topic is off limits, all are listened to, and usually expanded on way past our levels, me included.

Strange Happenings
    Yet the topics covered with the Taylors years ago (Level 4-10), often end up in arguements on the net. Their record of 4 straight winning years goes a long way to showing all of us What can be done or What's possible.
    It makes me wonder how i and a lot of others missed so much in the first place...
    It makes me think that i've wasted a lot of years going down a much slower fishing path, compared to what these 2 do. Food for thought hey....Even if we just want to put a friend/family onto a fish, or catch one more fish a year etc.

WHAT IF THIS IS WHERE WE ARE NOW?

A light hearted look at a career from a sporting side of things.
    (no arguements from anyone please it's Xmas)

Imagine if (Cy & Kerrin) are currently at level 6/10 in their careers, and won't peak for 20/40 years. If you were a 9/10 now you would have nowhere to go over your lifetime, that's why a 6 gives you room to move up in your 30's, 40's and 80's. Also room for people to go past as well. Some are working very hard to catch and go past you guys. Fulltime.

Having said that i reckon you and i know that it's possible a level 7 or 8 fisherman or woman is out there now, because before you guys were around, nobody would have thought 2 teenagers then early 20 year olds could go past the entire comp field.

Food For Thought
    If you catch double or tripple the fish than many of us (you do in ABT & Social Stats) including some guides, well placed comp anglers and so on.
    That leaves a lot of us at level 1.5-2-3/10, (Me to) and many first timers at 1/.10.
    As lake barra fishing is not a easy entry level sport. (Most of the time).*

A scary table hey, but also a motivating thought path if we are positive, as you are living proof that your systems work, just like guiding systems for clients in 5 hour shifts. Yours have worked on barra in comps 4 years straight, and on TV.
    I don't think anyone will want to argue with that.

BT (Before Taylors)
    Before you guys entered the scene many thought they knew a fair bit about barra, but now i'm thinking as a collective we might know 1%. Who knows we will see what else is discovered possible in the next 50 years, at the very least it will be a fun trip for anyone in social, bait soaking, guiding or comp angling.
    I couldn't imagine the barra industry without you guys. As Steve said, your raising the bar will drag a lot of the industry up. "What's possible".

Future
    I look forward to the fishing journey you and everyone else takes in fishing, (Ausfish & Sweetwater Members) at the end of the day we should all learn a lot from each other. It's been interesting hearing what the differences are e.g. what the approach of the top tournament anglers is compared to the rest of the scene. Each to their own, yep ok, but the different approaches are interesting.

Attention To Detail
    Watching your attention to detail while camping with you guys was fun, and that day you guys arrived at the Monduran boat ramp to launch with JM, then went straight to the water to start picking up stones, wading through the weed and so on had my mate smile while saying "How many people do you see doing that?"

"I said so far mate regarding barra, none", and he replied,
    "Yep and that's the difference."

I have shared some observations in this post regarding the Taylors and some of the things that a few of us noticed made them different (Comp winners).

Many people don't know much about the Taylors, so i thought a bit more of an insight into what makes them different would be appreciated by anyone wanting to know a bit more about their barra fishing.

If we can all learn one thing from their approach i reckon posting on here was worth it. No arguements please.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year
    Cheers Lyndon

Last edited by SeekingBarradise; 11-12-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Add Awoonga Trip Photo

Cy & Kerrin,

I still remember this one night in 2006 when myself, Dave Powell, Warren Adam's and Lumpy were at the ramp after the first nights session of the Shimano Event that year @ Tinaroo. We pulled the pin a little early as we had a shocker & so did the other boy's although Waz got a nice fish (116 from memory). We were all having a chat & thought everyone would of done it hard until we got back to the Holiday Park to get stuck into a few beers when we heard you boys had landed 11/12 fish in that session. To say we were all shell-shocked was an under-statement! You went onto catch I think from memory 12/13 fish out of 20 fish that were caught in the whole Tournament and beat your nearest rivals by a fair bloody margin!

You guys havn't looked back, and the world of respect is held for you both by a lot of anglers up here. Myself included. To completely DOMINATE nearly every BARRA event over the past few years is incredible to say the least. Lyndon made 1 or 2 comparisons above, and if I could liken your results to some other aussie sportsman I would definetely throw the names of Skaife & maybe even the Stauffer boys up there. For years these guys held such a huge gap over their competitors that they actually had to change the format of the racing & points allocation to square things up, not to mention implement things such as Project Blueprint to try and give the Fords a chance in the V8's! The Stauffer boy's are very much like yourselves... brothers & competitors who have won nearly everything in their chosen field.

Best of luck on your future adventures guys.

If the ABT directors had their head screwed on, then a trip to the US and appropriate rewards should be in order for you both. They do it for BASS dudes, then I can't see why 2 such dominate anglers shouldn't be allowed to have a crack at it and possibly come away with perhaps even better results! The worlds your oyster.

Regards

Theo
    TT