Thread: Blue fin barracuda

Blue fin barracuda

I am looking at buying a 4.5m 2005 barracuda blue fin there are two available one has a 50 hp honda 4 stroke and the other has a 60 hp tohatsu 2 stroke. The boat with the 60 is in better condition but is also 2 grand dearer. Any suggestions??

Re: Blue fin barracuda

Pretty sure bluefin59 has a 4.5 blue fin, dunno what he's got on it motor-wise, but would be worthwhile shooting him a pm.

Guess it comes down to your intended use though..

Mick

I used to fish on a barrcuda that had a 50hp 2s than he changed to a 60 2s the 60 suited the boat better alround the 50hp was a bit slow when loaded up.

I have a 60hp 2stroke mariner on my predator which is the same as a cudda but no pod , as far as what motor to go i really have no idea . I love the idea of a 4 stroke honda they are a great motor i believe but i also like the 60 2stroke towy these are a great motor as well . You may need to take them both for a run and do a comparison yourself and check out the service history on both ... matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks for the feedback fellas!! what do you think about the price? $19,990 for the barracuda with the 60hp and $17,990 for the 50hp I am leening towards the 50hp i think.

the tohey (didnt read that bit) will go very very well as the 60hp is the same as the 70hp I beleive that it is 3deg timeing and remove the rubber stopper on the cable. I have this done.. losts of grunt in that motor

Quote Originally Posted by Bend09 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback fellas!! what do you think about the price? $19,990 for the barracuda with the 60hp and $17,990 for the 50hp I am leening towards the 50hp i think.
    To be totally honest with you I'm not realy sure, are they in exellent nick? How old? any extras? I asume that both boats are in dealers yards because of the price ending in 990, I know they don't come up too often (sign of a good boat) but are there any around for private sale? remember it's a buyers market ATM.
    I'm only saying this because I picked up the Blue Fin 4.35 Wildcat in my profile pic 12 months ago for 15k, it was under 2 years old, 60hp 4st Merc with only 60hrs on the clock, side console, wireless MotorGuide, sounder & one of the new eperbs, bimini. and it had been in the trading post for 3 weeks.
    I hate sounding too negative, but without seeing the boats and in the current economic climate it seems highish to me. Sorry.
    Maybe you could squeeze harder.

BTW you'll love your Blue Fin which ever one you get.
    Cheers

How do they compare with the Fin Predator thats for sale in the Ausfish classifieds? Asking 18,800 but seems open to offers.

Thanks Mike They both come with sounder/Gps, safety gear, radio,bait board, Bimini if i get a couple of grand off we could be getting close??

Sounds about right if they drop that bit I recon.
    I have a mate with a Barracuda and he loves it, gone pretty wide out in it as well, too wide for my Wildcat
    Cheers