Thread: Someone to sell my boat for me in Brisbane

Someone to sell my boat for me in Brisbane

Hello all,

I need a boat sold in Brisbane.

I am currently in Longreach but will be moving the boat to Brisbane at Christmas time.
    I will be leaving Australia for a year shortly after that and have nowhere in Brisbane to store the boat.
    I also have no one in Brisbane that knows anything about boats that could sell it for me.

Is there a company that would sell it for me, maybe on some sort of commission basis?

It is a 2007 5.5m Formosa Bowrider. It has a 140 Suzuki with very low hours.
    It also has a heap of gear with it.

I am not trying to advertise the boat here, merely asking for advice.
    If I have posted in the wrong forum I apologise.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers, Jack.

Re: Someone to sell my boat for me in Brisbane

Thanks lippa, I'll check them out

Wouldn't do any harm to advertise it yourself on this forum and boatpoint from where you are now. You never know what can be arranged with buyers long distance. I recently brought a boat from interstate sight unseen except when I handed over the $$$ at a meeting point.

I agree with Jarrah Jack. Advertise it on here, that electronic bay place and anywhere else you can.

I was in Townsville, boat I found at a great price in Harvey Bay on the electronic bay site. Bought it after the reserve wasn't met pending inspection. He towed it north to Miriam Vale where we had a pie and coffee while I checked it out, handed over the cheque, hitched her up to my car and off we went. Never a drama.
    Cheers
    Wal

Thanks Guys,

I will probably advertise electronically and try to sell it before it needs to go on consignment.

Just need to sort out a few things like exactly how much gear I want to sell and a price.

Cheers, Jack