Thread: new toy

new toy

well, seeing as the rodeo spat another engine[ and i,m not spending more money on a piece of crap] i decided that i wanted another troll, now seeing as the 4.2 ,s are so dear , i ended up buying a series iv 05 model patrol. now before everyone jumps in and says its a gernade, ive read enuff stuff to hope that it wont happen, but now i can play in the dirt if i cant fish. so ill add pics when i get time, mods inculded. damn i cant wait till i bring her home. so when is the next m&g and be kind please
    cheers
    ian
    Last edited by sid_fishes; 09-11-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: cause i can

Re: new toy

A Nissan ???????

just kiddin Ian. Yep, post up those pics when ya get'em.

4 x 4 M & G soon.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

mate i have had 2 x 3.0 l patrol tds both have done over the 100 k ms now and no problems at all one was pre 02 and they are the ones that had engine issues and the other is a post 04 - both bloody brilliant vehicles but they like to be regularly serviced i do mine at 5000 kms usually oil a nd oil filter change plus the other things
    good choice
    best rob

Congrats on your new car just fit a boost and EGT gauge as a matter of urgency and keep them well monitored for anything out of the ordinary.

cheers fnq

Someone on exploroz just posted about an '06 blowing up :-) Mind you, it had done a heap of kms.

patrol 50, mate i understand the maintance side of things , my dad was a mechanic/ truck driver, i drove, my brother drove, 5000 klm,s its serviced.
    fnq, after reading all the stuff on other sites, gauges, dawes valves fans bolted to the intercooler ,etc are just the norm i believe
    atfer haveing a gq 4.2 ,then getting a 4.2 gu turbo, i was quite surprised at the 3.0 as it spooled up quick and pulled like all get out.
    i cant wait
    list of things to do
    roof rack stainless of course
    duel rear wheel carrier
    2 inch lift
    piss the rear seats off and replace withsliding draw set up
    and lots of other goodies

chisel, there are a lot of guys out there that post all kinds of shit, i know the early ones blow up, my boss has blown 2 motors, but a lot has to do with the owners not doing services etc
    ian

The link to the 2006 with problems http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/....aspx%3fpn%3d1

Quote Originally Posted by sid_fishes View Post
    patrol 50, mate i understand the maintance side of things , my dad was a mechanic/ truck driver, i drove, my brother drove, 5000 klm,s its serviced.
    fnq, after reading all the stuff on other sites, gauges, dawes valves fans bolted to the intercooler ,etc are just the norm i believe
    atfer haveing a gq 4.2 ,then getting a 4.2 gu turbo, i was quite surprised at the 3.0 as it spooled up quick and pulled like all get out.
    i cant wait
    list of things to do
    roof rack stainless of course
    duel rear wheel carrier
    2 inch lift
    piss the rear seats off and replace with sliding draw set up
    and lots of other goodies
    Yeah i first drove one back in 2000-2002 somewhere, government car over quite a few thousand km, had heaps more poke than any NA td4.2 powered patrol i ever drove. I was surprised at how petrol like it behaved at out of town speeds.

Interestingly I suspect the majority of owners are not aware of the mods/additions necessary on these engines, an investment of an extra and sort of trick $2k that might save a potential extra $8-10k given enough time in ownership.

cheers fnq

Good luck with the new 4b Ian. There was talk the other day about another M&G....