Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1.13kg Whitting

Re: 1.13kg Whitting

So what would a Whiting that big eat as a bait?
    And what sort of country would one like that inhabit??
    Tim

all the big ones I have caught are usually at night, on nippers and in a sandy bottomed Harbour or near some sort of rocks at the end of a beach.

hmmm.now whats next for the knockers.
    how does one feel when you are proven wrong all the time just because some people dont take photos to prove that fish exist.
    there have and always will be plenty of 1kg plus whiting for all to catch.

Thank god someone found some pics when you say you seen it and several others had too and weighed in at a comp people still dont belive it.When I see a whiting its a whiting not a bone fish not a albino baby marlin why is it so hard to belive a 1kg whiting exists.
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

Quote Originally Posted by legsy11 View Post
    how does one feel when you are proven wrong all the time just because some people dont take photos to prove that fish exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNAPPERCOFFIN View Post
    Thank god someone found some pics when you say you seen it and several others had too and weighed in at a comp people still dont belive it.When I see a whiting its a whiting not a bone fish not a albino baby marlin why is it so hard to belive a 1kg whiting exists.
    never said that i didnt belive it, what i said was i couldnt belive no one took a photo of a fish that size, a trophy fish, catch of a lifetime,i really wanted to see the fish and say wow thats amazing, which it is. If you start a topic about a extra large fish that has been caught people are naturally going to want to see photos, cause most of us havent seen fish this size before. As with the Metre long flathead so many stories about them but how many photos do we have on ausfish of them ,ONE.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    never said that i didnt belive it, what i said was i couldnt belive no one took a photo of a fish that size, a trophy fish, catch of a lifetime,i really wanted to see the fish and say wow thats amazing, which it is. If you start a topic about a extra large fish that has been caught people are naturally going to want to see photos, cause most of us havent seen fish this size before. As with the Metre long flathead so many stories about them but how many photos do we have on ausfish of them ,ONE.
    What everyone is overlooking in this thread is Where the fish has been caught..?

If it was taken from an area with tidal flow and a natural environment then it is an exceptional capture and a trophy fish.

If it was caught at one of these Land locked lakes where fish are trapped then its really not quite the same....

Pete

your right about that,some of these lakes around the canal estates really hold some monsters.ive seen some landlocked jacks that you wouldnt believe werent from reef unless you were there.
    but still i think the lesson is that we need to stop seeing people smashed down when they post a report of their catch.
    rather then them trying to prove their catch,why dont people just try to match their effort and catch one themselves and then im sure theyll believe.

anyway congrats to the man who caught this catch and not only did you crack the mythical kilo you smashed it and the doubts,well done.

Quote Originally Posted by legsy11 View Post
    Mate

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its a chat site so expect a few negatives to be thrown around. If you have not built credibility through previous posts don't be offended if someone questions the vality of any exceptional catch without pics.
    I don't think most were calling it for less than its stated weight but were more concerned about where it was caught. I also personally think that you might give yourself an upper cut given your last statement. Its a bit silly if you ask me if you dont have the photos to prove it
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

What I find amusing is the way this story unfolds.
    (Congratulations to the gentleman who caught this fish by the way.)

Someone reports catching a fish that is considered by most a behemoth for the species. A fish of this size must surely be breeding stock of advanced years and could even possibly be the carrier of superior genetic traits.

And yet he wasn't torn to shreds for deciding to keep such a fish!?!?!
    I say Bravo Ausfishers!
    Clearly we have decided that all fish are created equal and none should be harassed for keeping a legal fish no matter it's size.
    A breakthrough for sure!
    Can't wait for the next monster jack/barra/cod report

Lets harass him for not photographing it instead!
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post

Someone reports catching a fish that is considered by most a behemoth for the species. A fish of this size must surely be breeding stock of advanced years and could even possibly be the carrier of superior genetic traits.

I say Bravo Ausfishers!
    Clearly we have decided that all fish are created equal and none should be harassed for keeping a legal fish no matter it's size.
    A breakthrough for sure!

Why tear someone to shreds for keeping a LEGAL fish..???

For all you know this fish could be well past a breeder and be an old man that is shooting blanks... ......Regardless I am quite sure whiting stocks are in good numbers.

People have different reasons for keeping fish.....Maybe he wanted to get a mould of the fish..?.....maybe he ate it..?......regardless of the reason he is allowed to do whatever he likes.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Mate

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its a chat site so expect a few negatives to be thrown around. If you have not built credibility through previous posts don't be offended if someone questions the vality of any exceptional catch without pics.
    I don't think most were calling it for less than its stated weight but were more concerned about where it was caught. I also personally think that you might give yourself an upper cut given your last statement. Its a bit silly if you ask me if you dont have the photos to prove it
    ive given plenty,i like to make statements without thinking first quite regurlary
    BUT,are you now saying that this 2 day comp has caught a one off super generic jurassic specimen.?
    its a very big whiting but they do get caught all the time.
    like i said,not too many people would have entertained the thought of 1st-wanting or 2nd having too photograph their fish.
    not everyone is hanging off a digital or a computer like us mate.
    and i still dont photo all my pb,s.first prioty is too eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post

I say Bravo Ausfishers!
    A breakthrough for sure!

ahhh,i think the dpi control this issue mate.
    dont mind me im just off to sharpen my IKE JIME.