Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Haines Hunter Appreciation Thread

Re: Haines Hunter Appreciation Thread

Heres a few pix of our 1978 Haines Hunter v213c (my wife is a signwriter so we have put the 'modern' Haines Hunter graphics on her & the metric designation 640c) this boat spends most of her life nowadays chasing SBT out of Warrnambool...

our girl swinging offf the port campbell crane (thats why its got the stainless plates in the transom...

Hi Veg

That crane will save wear and tear and corrosion on your trailer. Is that a self service setup?

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Smile Re: Haines Hunter Appreciation Thread

Yes the crane is self service. You have to join the Port Campbell fishing club (for insurance) & Parks now run the crane, you have to have 'approved' lifting attachments in the boat with 'approved' lifting straps, no slings can be used.

The crane is on the pier for the pro cray boys.

We wish we had a boat ramp rather than a crane tho as its only 1 in 1 out & the pro boys have right of way & it often breaks down, we do a lot of our fishing out of Warrnambool, tho fishing out of Port Campbell allows us to run down to the Cape.

Here is mine its an old 19R but i do love it, does everything we need it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by vegemite View Post
    Heres a few pix of our 1978 Haines Hunter v213c (my wife is a signwriter so we have put the 'modern' Haines Hunter graphics on her & the metric designation 640c) this boat spends most of her life nowadays chasing SBT out of Warrnambool...
    My old man had one of those years ago when I was a young fella. Awesome boat and the inboard makes them just purr a long. It looks like a real flash one now. Did you re-paint it?

Pazz

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    My old man had one of those years ago when I was a young fella. Awesome boat and the inboard makes them just purr a long. It looks like a real flash one now. Did you re-paint it?

Pazz
    The Hull is still all original Gellcoat Yes its an awesome blue water boat!

Thought this might be the most appropriate place to post, so here goes.

For those of you who are not aware the next edition of Trailerboat Magazine will feature a 12-14 page spread on Haines Hunter boats, starting with some early models and moving through to current rigs.

A few of us in Melbourne were given the opportunity to spend a day on the water with photographers and videographers taking snaps and vids of our boats in action. The action included fast fly by's and tight figure eights. Conditions were very calm so no air but still a great day of fun on the water.

The following is a series of photos I took myself. Unfortunately there are no action shots in this lot, but I'm sure we'll see them shortly.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

445F

490SLR

V17L

560F

635L (right background)

650R

V233

Boats at hold point waiting their queue. In case you're wandering, that's my bow rail in the foreground. No pics of my boat.........so far

Where's the horizon?

Another shot of the 233, you gotta love those lines. This boat has race history ie Townsville to Goldcoast. Now spend most of it's time chasin' tuna and bill fish.

A curious onlooker wanting to get in amongst it all. Nice boat fella but it ain't a Haines.

The crew from Trailerboat Magazine cooking up a feast of roast beef with red wine sauce and some snags for the less sophisticated amongst us. They did an awesome job.

More pics later

looks like a great day spiro,how flat was the bay,thats tinnie conditions,lol.thanks for the pics

Thanks for all the pics Spiro, nice collection of boats there.

Interesting to see nearly every one has the snapper racks, nearly a standard option for Victoria by the look of it.

The little 445F is certainly a pocket battleship.

Cheers,

Matt

Good pics Spiro, you'll have to put up some of your boat. I love that 233. Was thinking of taking the 16r but haven't got the right snapper racks.

Hahahaha, now that's funny.

Yep, snapper racks have just about become stadard fitting for those who fish Port Phillip Bay and Westernport.

Would have loved to see a 16R and some other models there. I tried everything I could to get a 445R, V19R, 565R and 773L there without success. Having said that, Bear was very happy with the turn out. Any more would have made it difficult to get through what we needed to in the time available.

Several of the lads enjoyed the day so much, they're talking about regular get togethers. Will let you know when the next one will be.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-3mtr-BO...#ht_904wt_1141

great project for someone wanting the classic 7.3, i guess a pod or twin OB set up would be good, if only i had the time and $$$

My new 233 project
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Whirly, that was on ebay a few months back. I was keen on it too for a project, only thing it was a long way away from my, otherwise I would have seriously considered buying it. Did you end up getting it for a good price? What's the plan - offload the inboard and put an outboard on it?

Pazz