Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Haines Hunter Appreciation Thread

Re: Haines Hunter Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Thats a sweet looking V19C mate - the opti would go well and I see the QL's on her...what does she cruise at and what is the top speed.

Cheers

Hi

I try to sit on about 3800 most of the time, that's giving 26knts and real good economy (1.8km/l), it tops out at about 42 knts, could probably get a bit more if I played with props.

QL's (or any tabs) are great on the Haines', best money I've spent on the boat.

Cheers

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by HH565L View Post
    Nice collection of boats.

Here's a few of pics of my 1983 Haines Hunter 565L.

hey hh565l

thats is once tidy unit, very well kept

cheers

brett

Anybody ever run a tape over a V19c
    The boat i measured was only actually 17.72 Ft long (5.4 meters)
    That was the boat without an outboard.
    I thought it was a bit strange.
    Interested to hear what other people have to say?

mate - that would not surprise me about the measurements - I have a Vagabond that is sold as a 6.4m/21 footer, but tape length is 19"9 or 19'10 without the outboard and bowsprit (and the bowsprit I addeed as a roller set up)...they used to run the tape to the back of the outboard and I think some manufacturers still list length overall which for them is to the back of the motor.

Cheers

PS. VC - thats a nice cruise set up mate. I might still be lured by Brian and get an opti. If you are going out in the next few weeks I am keen to get Nine Mile out and would love to see you opti in action.
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Haines 773

troutcatcher you swinging 16x17or 18.5 . have you found a prop in between the two.

Hi ozbee
    Yea i'm swinging a 16x17.... Im not grabin my revs so i would like to find a prop inbetween. Havn't had a chance to investigate props yet, i have been to busy goin fishing- spear fishing .....

Ausfish Bronze Member Stressless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    Oooh - Bitch!!
    Don't worry GBC

I'm refitting a 1989 Signature 2250SB, and it will be an eye opener for anyone that owns a mass produced glass boat.

Pics of the before, during and after have been taken and will be posted when time permits

Regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by rhycebullimore View Post
    haines v17...cc....1/2 way though complete rebuild, every single chip of wood is removed...replaces with full composites everything redesigned right through to new gunnels and flood in kill well, center consol two rear comparments in combing/brand new motor well that can be esky's or live bait...coming along very very nice...10" bobs machince shop hydraulic jacking plate, brand new 140 suzuki, hydraulic steering, full glassed bow sprit front achorwell/dry storage...

does anyone feel the need for trim tabs on this model boat ?
    Looking at doing a similar job on a V17 c to cc. Just looking for info on where you get the composites stringers, new gunnels etc.

Would love to see some pics

Cheers,

Matt

Matt talk to the guys at Sharpline Boats in Lonsdale www.sharplineboats.com.au they should be able to help you out with glass stringers and gunwale rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by matt fraser View Post
    Looking at doing a similar job on a V17 c to cc. Just looking for info on where you get the composites stringers, new gunnels etc.

Would love to see some pics

Cheers,

Matt
    Have a look at this one

http://www.seamedia.com.au/_tmp/seamedia-SWYUSN.pdf

Rod
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by HH565L View Post
    Nice collection of boats.

Here's a few of pics of my 1983 Haines Hunter 565L.

One of the most beautiful as well as functional rigs i've seen. Absolutely luv that model and any mods you've done just work in brilliant with its lines.
    Some boats are just sweet and i'm guessing it isnt by accident...lots of thought must've gone into it.
    Credit toy you. If she rides as well as she looks never let her go.

IMO much better looking rig than anything on the market today.

very nice troutcatcher!
    what sort of performance numbers are you seeing with the 300. What powered it previously?

Ozbee, Did you end up finding out where the freshwater was leaking into the cabin?
    Hempy

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    Link isn't working Rod, but I've seen the boat through searching old threads. Very nice!

Cheers,

Matt