Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Haines Hunter Appreciation Thread

Re: Haines Hunter Appreciation Thread

my tub 79 565L just had cannopies fitted am doin floor and re flow coating at the momment hence why i am not out fishing and i am here

Quote Originally Posted by siegfried View Post
    make an offer between $ 65000 & $ 65001 and its yours
    Strangly enough thats the sort off dollars I'm wanting to spend on my next boat.. problem is I won't be able to buy untill mid to late next year... I need to upgrade my house before I am alowed to buy another boat...

I would like to see your boat, can you send a few pic's via email, I'll pm you my address....

Turbo deisel motor would be very economical,, yes?

Grandad has a HH 680SF with 200Etec... no pics but if you watched the Coolangatta Gold you may have seen it marshalling

Uncle has a Formula 233 which has been on here before as i was a part of the refurb he did on it...i love being on this boat. 250 Suzi, original back to back seats that received a nice face lift...custom bait board which can slide down to sit flush with the stern or can be raised to various heights...ill try post some pics later

what about the oldest haines???

'81, 565L, '95 Merc 175HP EFI, Hydrive Hydraulic Steering, Bimini, Bennett Trim Tabs, Furuno 620 Sounder, Lowrance Global Map 5200, etc etc etc.

Duck

Here is a few of my old v17c.

How old? Wouldnt have a clue.

Perfect bay boat.

Shredded the canopy on the way to Tin Can in September. Just finished putting a glass top on it. Guess where that came from?

Rod

My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

haines v17...cc....1/2 way though complete rebuild, every single chip of wood is removed...replaces with full composites everything redesigned right through to new gunnels and flood in kill well, center consol two rear comparments in combing/brand new motor well that can be esky's or live bait...coming along very very nice...10" bobs machince shop hydraulic jacking plate, brand new 140 suzuki, hydraulic steering, full glassed bow sprit front achorwell/dry storage...

does anyone feel the need for trim tabs on this model boat ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhycebullimore View Post
    haines v17...cc....1/2 way though complete rebuild, every single chip of wood is removed...replaces with full composites everything redesigned right through to new gunnels and flood in kill well, center consol two rear comparments in combing/brand new motor well that can be esky's or live bait...coming along very very nice...10" bobs machince shop hydraulic jacking plate, brand new 140 suzuki, hydraulic steering, full glassed bow sprit front achorwell/dry storage...

Would love to see some pics of that refurb Rhyce I think it deserves its own ongoing thread.

I have a 16r 1985 that was prestine until I got hold of it mid year but as I told my mate its a work boat now not a museum piece. The 70 zuk works well with it and will not be too heavy in the rear once I move the fuel tank foward.

Will be raising the rear around the well to the gunnels soon adding a rocket launcher and perhaps a designer wave breaker as well.

Hey dodgy would love to some pics of the HH line up you are raising there. The 14 is a really good boat, there was a pic here of one with an 80 on the back a while ago.

Have you seen this one.

Rod

http://www.seamedia.com.au/pdf/previ...BDIY6_prev.pdf
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

yes, thanks for that, he is a very good friends of mine who built that...i have gone to the extent of doing alot more than that...that was a part rebuild using existing stringers,floor, anchorwell,motorwell etc...as i said i have gone 100% composites and redesigned everything. will post some progress pics one day when i get around to it.

Do the tabs, will make it better.

Cheers

VS

Definately put the tabs on. The boat will lean into the wind with any breeze at all and you can put the head down when heading upwind.

Duck

1997 haines 585 seeker , 150yam 4 stroke , tabs , furuno 1kw sounder , reelax riggers . Will see me at the tweed canyons when the weather permits .
    Would like a bigger tank , well would love a 680 patriot , anyone want to swap?
    Craig

Hi all tried to put photos of my haines up but can't seem to have put photos on before i shrink in irfanview 400by 300 but it says my photos are too big what am i doing wrong

Geoff

Hey Brett,

Saw the thread and couldn't resist putting up a few pics of my baby.

HH Classic 600, 2006 model, 200hp Yammy 4-stroke on the back. Bought in May 2008 with 206 hours on clock. Now 410 hours on clock. She is getting a lot of use. Fantastic boat for fishing. Big kill tank, big live bait tank, big bait board, 200litre fuel tank, plenty of rod holders, heaps of storage space and a cabin that sleeps two people. Extremely dry and handles well is choppy seas. Top speed is approx 43mph with 2 POB, fuel, esky etc.

Only other boat I may consider selling it for is a HH Prowler 680, just for the walk around feature.

Cheers
    dave