Thread: PB wild bass

PB wild bass

Fished on the northern side of brissy on saturday night with a mate rosko.
    Arrived a bit early to have a look at some new ground and what a quick little session it was! We had heaps of half hearted hits on the poppers with out a hook up so we sat around watching and waiting for the sun to finally set. Rosko tied a jitterbug on and first cast gets smashed and lands a 36cm bass. I cast out a black 45 bubble pop and get smashed and land a 41cm bass (PB). Rosko casts out his jitterbug and catches a 34cm bass. 3 fish in 3 casts! after that they clicked on and shut down.
    We still wanted some action so headed up to the sunny coast for a jack. Couldn't find and bait and the same for the jacks. We did come across some tarpon and Rosko landed 2 around the 50cm mark, I couldn't land any

All fish were released

Cheers, Mick.

Blog Entries

Re: PB wild bass

Nice Bass Mick , Ive being trying to catch same in the upper reaches of the Brissy river , no luck as yet .
    Might have to buy a jitter bug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Paul

Very nice session there mate! Congrats.

Regs,
    Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Well done on the new PB for bass Mick. - Richard

Nice bass. I had a little session myself on sunday. Scored 3. Dont know sizes as i release all fish and dont have a brag mat.(should get one i guess) I have been getting awesome results with the baby extracters i got from tackle warehouse. Made by rods custom rods. Might be worth checking out for your next trip.
    cheers, Cam.