Thread: Surf fishing locations victoria

Surf fishing locations victoria

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good surf fishing spots in south eastern Victoria, I'm from The easturn suburbs myself.

Been down to Gunamatta surf beach caught a few tailor, just looking to broaden my prospects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Surf fishing locations victoria

G'day Crazy ,

Someone here may be able to help, but most people here are based s/e QLD
    a Vic- forum forum may be more helpful for you , good luck .

there are a lot of expat southerners up here in Qld that may be able to help, there are also quite a number of active members on here from your neck of the woods....though the majority of members are Qld based, not ALL of them are. This is AUSfish, not QLDfish. Would be happy to help you, but in the six years I spent in Melbourne, most of my fishing was confined to the Bays, westernport and PPB, and the freshwater impoundments.

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    there are a lot of expat southerners up here in Qld that may be able to help, there are also quite a number of active members on here from your neck of the woods....though the majority of members are Qld based, not ALL of them are. This is AUSfish, not QLDfish. Would be happy to help you, but in the six years I spent in Melbourne, most of my fishing was confined to the Bays, westernport and PPB, and the freshwater impoundments.

Cheers
    Greg
    Ahh, Thanks Greg.

Yeah there seemed to be a few southerners on here so hence the reason I joined

Been doing a bit in the Bay area as well and some surf fishing, managed to hook a 5 pound tailor down at Gunamatta, which cooked up a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by childers View Post
    G'day Crazy ,

Someone here may be able to help, but most people here are based s/e QLD
    a Vic- forum forum may be more helpful for you , good luck .

I live in hope.

Thanks mate.

hello father&son is going to Gunamatta beach today for the first time, we have gotten some help from friends at work and they say fish 2 hrs before high tide and 1 hr after is the best time, and in the later morning and afternoon, also try and fish northerly as the wind is facing your back and it is a lot easier to cast have a 3 hook rig (size 3/0 hooks) but if you could fit a surf popper in that would work well as you don't know if your pilchard, squid or mule has fallen off.
    good luck for next time

hello father&son is going to Gunamatta beach today for the first time, we have gotten some help from friends at work and they say fish 2 hrs before high tide and 1 hr after is the best time, and in the later morning and afternoon, also try and fish northerly as the wind is facing your back and it is a lot easier to cast have a 3 hook rig (size 3/0 hooks) but if you could fit a surf popper in that would work well as you don't know if your pilchard, squid or mule has fallen off.
    good luck for next time

I am sure someone can help. I have fished Lorne area as well as Glen-Aire area in my childhood years so not a real help to you.

Cheers
    Chris