Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'd be killed

I'd be killed

As I sit here on the Lounge with "Fish Awoonga" playing on the DVD ...... I just thought "Holy crap ..... I'd be throttled!"

As I look around ..... I have lures , braid , leader on the coffee table - the side board has plastics , jig heads & trebles on it + a glass of red
    There are hollowbellies on the floor & a rod leaning against the wall

As I peer into the kitchen ...... there are slick rigs that have been boiled & are cooling. pkts of slick rigs & hollowbellies which have been given the nagg treatment

The dining room table ...... has a tackle box with carefully placed boiled slick rigs in it ....... jig heads , Hawaiian snaps , pkts of slick rigs & 3 rods leaning up against the wall.

wondering to the spare bedroom ..... WTF ,the bed is covered in lures , hooks , pliers & plastics Attachment 52928

& then there is the bathroom / combined laundry ....... a few storms on the bench & dozens of split rings , trebles & a pair of split ring pliers.

After that . I sit back down on the lounge move the spool of bionic braid & think - wow ... ain't this great

Chris

PS ...... how does everyone else go with this stuff
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: I'd be killed

hahaha lmao, im lucky enough to have a fishing garage!!!

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    hahaha lmao, im lucky enough to have a fishing garage!!!

I have a fishing garage too ...... but there is no DVD / Tele or fridge nearby - nothing better than upgrading lures - tieing leaders while a fishing DvD is playing
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I have a fishing garage too ...... but there is no DVD / Tele or fridge nearby - nothing better than upgrading lures - tieing leaders while a fishing DvD is playing
    Err, I've got a fishing hat in the laundry, the rest is in the lounge lounge not finished yet when it is I guess negotiations will ensue. Move over Rover yer laying on me raider get yer paws down I'm trying to sleep
    Paulo

yeah ive got the lot in mine with tv dvd lounges sofa bed(incase im kicked out) live bait tank maps and range of mags

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Very good ..... I had a similar set up in my first house - very sweet ( I got the crap blasted out of me because I was always) ...... "off to the shed"
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Similar story for myself... room is full of gear (maybe less the lures on the bed). Keep all rods & basic tackle boxes next to the bed on the rod rack. Filestone next to the mobile phone.

Shed is only about 10 steps away. Contains most of the boat gear & other crap that makes a shed, a shed e.g. stereo, fridge, pool table (homemade job... way un-level too!). Have a lure shelf right next to my favourite tools... the bench grinder, soldering iron (thanks Harro) & drill press. The creek is about a 2min walk down the back to test lures & spy on bikini claded women (rare as rocking horse shit).

We've got it pretty well sorted havn't we fella's?

Theo

p.s. Chris - don't leave those rods leaning against the wall for too long!
    TT

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    Similar story for myself... room is full of gear (maybe less the lures on the bed). Keep all rods & basic tackle boxes next to the bed on the rod rack. Filestone next to the mobile phone.

Shed is only about 10 steps away. Contains most of the boat gear & other crap that makes a shed, a shed e.g. stereo, fridge, pool table (homemade job... way un-level too!). Have a lure shelf right next to my favourite tools... the bench grinder, soldering iron (thanks Harro) & drill press. The creek is about a 2min walk down the back to test lures & spy on bikini claded women (rare as rocking horse shit).

Theo

p.s. Chris - don't leave those rods leaning against the wall for too long!
    rods aren't really leaning on the wall ....... more against a file cabinet & side board (Dont want them to distort) ....... but hey good advice to anyone reading this.

Good onya Theo ..... I had no doubt you were as obsessed .
    As for lures on the bed ..... I was in the middle of a cull & upgrades
    Might have to tidy up the garage though

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    yeah ive got the lot in mine with tv dvd lounges sofa bed(incase im kicked out) live bait tank maps and range of mags
    Nice set up there Bro

Very good ..... I had a similar set up in my first house - very sweet ( I got the crap blasted out of me because I was always) ...... "off to the shed"
    To the shed.....

[quote=TinarooTriumph;1090969]Similar story for myself... room is full of gear (maybe less the lures on the bed). Keep all rods & basic tackle boxes next to the bed on the rod rack. Filestone next to the mobile phone.

Theo

Excellent,
    I have a pool table like that! Not home made but hardly level it removes all hadicaps and equalizes the players. It's next to the BBQ, BBQ table etc. Bar, fridge and Spa all of which are beside the 'shed'.

rods aren't really leaning on the wall ....... more against a file cabinet & side board (Dont want them to distort) ....... but hey good advice to anyone reading this.

Good onya Theo ..... I had no doubt you were as obsessed .
    As for lures on the bed ..... I was in the middle of a cull & upgrades
    Might have to tidy up the garage though

Chris
    Cull Cull! what are you thinking? That's what happens when you loose a lure to fish or snags.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

[quote=darylive;1091030]Nice set up there Bro

To the shed.....

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post

Theo

Excellent, I have a pool table like that! Not home made but hardly level it removes all hadicaps and equalizes the players. It's next to the BBQ, BBQ table etc. Bar, fridge and Spa all of which are beside the 'shed'.

Cull Cull! what are you thinking? That's what happens when you loose a lure to fish or snags.

Looks like you're getting ready to set up a tackle store ......." DARYL'S BAIT & TACKLE"
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Gotta love those corrugated tackleboxes

Got a house full of teenagers, wife and a dog. I got most of the office ('cept for the sewing corner) to myself where I can hoard my various treasurers. Fishing stuff gets a corner of that. Figure the tackle stores can hold the rest for me, delivery is only a couple of days away and turn over is pretty good.

Wink Re: I'd be killed

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pasfield View Post
    Got a house full of teenagers, wife and a dog. I got most of the office ('cept for the sewing corner) to myself where I can hoard my various treasurers. Fishing stuff gets a corner of that. Figure the tackle stores can hold the rest for me, delivery is only a couple of days away and turn over is pretty good.

Dick, you are correct, the best place to store the stuff is at the tackle shop.

I have five major tackle shops within 5 minutes of my place.
    Barra Jacks, Tackle World, A Mart, Big W and Anaconda. BCF and many others are 10 minutes away.
    I love 'em!
    I now really try to keep out of them because I always buy stuff. (ask Foxie)
    I have that much stuff I will probably never use it all and have trouble finding what I want some times so I end up at the tackle shop because at least there I can find what I want but I always come away with more than i went for .

The pics are what happened when I tried to sort out the shed. I was going to start a Thread 'show us your shed' but this one seemed appropriate.

Off course that pile doesn't show what is in the boat and those who have seen my two 40ltr tackle eskies and several bags will know how silly that is.

As I have long said 'All the gear and no idea' . Still, I don't smoke so i am saving money and the more bargains you get the more you save eh?

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Oh my God Darryl!!!!! what a shed I think the big 5 tackle shops have strategicly built their stores close to you.

I am picturing you jumping off your boat into a pile of unopened (mabey a few exposed) lures and plastics and doing the starfish in the middle!!!

Theo, Your right, your own pooltable needs to be out of whack...but you should be the only one who know the 'roll'....once ya mates get used to it....move it again!!...its the only way to keep the upperhand!!

NAGG....soooo your a batchelor right .ha ha....if that were my house....the rods would be broken by the kids and the lures would be lodged (stinger and all) by the wife somehere where I would have trouble removing them from!!!

My gear is confined to the shed too.....as is most married with kids crew!

Top thread...I will post some pics soon of my shed, with my NEW underwater camera that the wife suggested we get!!!....for taking pics of the kids at the beach etc of course he he he....sucker

Steve

see nath you thought my supply was good have a look at that lot in dazza shed bloody awsome i know when i going to shop next time darryls fish shooting shack